Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Metropolis… a sequel to VAMPYR?

@Gavinski @Svetlovska, this guy replaced the score with copyright free music. Look at the notes. He seems to think this made it legal. It’d be a good one to do.

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Gavinski @Svetlovska, this guy replaced the score with copyright free music. Look at the notes. He seems to think this made it legal. It’d be a good one to do.

I’d certainly be down, if indeed it would be legal!

• Ugh, the mood seems wrong from the get go, and there are some awful choices of music for some scenes.

The original score for the movie is pretty good, but I’d be glad to hear some improvements over this guy’s version if anyone is going to work on it.

• I'm in if it's legal. I saw Metropolis ages ago. I can either do Ambient, or Lofi, or even Synthwave if I were so inclined. Or some combination.

• @michael_m agreed. He used copyright free material. Just wondering if we might be able to do it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @michael_m agreed. He used copyright free material. Just wondering if we might be able to do it.

Not until January 1st of 2023.

https://boingboing.net/2022/11/30/metropolis-1927-enters-the-public-domain-on-january-1-2023.html

SO, we can get started on it now, but we can't release our version until next week. 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @michael_m agreed. He used copyright free material. Just wondering if we might be able to do it.

https://boingboing.net/2022/11/30/metropolis-1927-enters-the-public-domain-on-january-1-2023.html

SO, we can get started on it now, but we can't release our version until next week. 😂

Wow, that is timely! I think there will be support here for a “scifi9 sonic rendering.

• edited December 2022

@LinearLineman said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LinearLineman said:

Wow, that is timely! I think there will be support here for a “scifi” sonic rendering.

I excited af to be a part of this new community project!

• Excellent that it becomes public domain so soon, I am totally down!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LinearLineman said:

Perfect timing! 😅

Ready for the metropolis 96th anniversary rendition

• @LinearLineman said:

I heard a track recently on the forum called Metropolis, maybe it could fit ?

• There’s a scene in this movie that I thought about stealing for a visualization background. (VS)

• I love this film (I already used some clips for a cover of Muse’s Uprising, on YouTube, though obviously gained a copyright notice) so I would also be up for adding some original music now it appears to be becoming legal!

• edited December 2022

I’m certainly up for contributing musically to a Metropolis project, (love that movie!) but I wonder if someone else would care to step up to cat herd this time? Now that we have established at least one method (run time divided by number of contributors, randomly allocated their sections) to make it a fair and interesting challenge, it should be somewhat simpler… Also, necessary. After all, who wouldn’t want to score Rotwang’s creation of the Maschinenmensch scene? :)

I also note that the coherence and success of the Vampyr project was very dependent on @Krupa and @Synthi’s pro-skill contributions in video timecoding and titling, and mixing/mastering, so it would need their good will to saddle up again, or someone else with similar skills to fulfil those roles?

• What exactly does this involve, and how might I .. contribute? If that’s the idea ..

• I’d be mad up for this again..! Excellent choice.

• @Svetlovska said:
    I’m certainly up for contributing musically to a Metropolis project, (love that movie!) but I wonder if someone else would care to step up to cat herd this time? Now that we have established at least one method (run time divided by number of contributors, randomly allocated their sections) to make it a fair and interesting challenge, it should be somewhat simpler… Also, necessary. After all, who wouldn’t want to score Rotwang’s creation of the Maschinenmensch scene? :)

I also note that the coherence and success of the Vampyr project was very dependent on @Krupa and @Synthi’s pro-skill contributions in video timecoding and titling, and mixing/mastering, so it would need their good will to saddle up again, or someone else with similar skills to fulfil those roles?

I am following this thread with interest and some intent; I’ll not refuse if I’m needed, though I am at limits of productivity on a couple of personal projects right now and enjoying the freedom of no responsibilities other than my own… let’s see what transpires over the coming days 😁

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    There’s a scene in this movie that I thought about stealing for a visualization background. (VS)

theres lots to steal from this movie;)
    i wish vs would have more than one video layer.

• edited December 2022

I’m definitely in and offer my cat herding services.

• @sevenape said:

Ooh, good man! Now we need to see if @Synthi is still up for mixing / mastering, if not, we're buggered 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

Ooh, good man! Now we need to see if @Synthi is still up for mixing / mastering, if not, we're buggered 😂

🤣

• B) Yes I’m in!

• Would like to join ;)

• Count me in!

• @Synthi said:
    B) Yes I’m in!

Good man!

• @Gavinski said:

@Synthi said:
    B) Yes I’m in!

Good man!

Yasssss

• Totally in. 👍

• Tomorrow this movie goes public domain. :)

• Any update to this? Looks like the video from the original post has been removed from Youtube, which is strange since "Metropolis" is public domain now.

• @Gavinski @Svetlovska Are we going to do this project? :)

• edited January 2023

I refer the honourable member to my previous comment. Up for it as a contributor, but would rather leave the cat herding to someone else next time. And it took the skills of @Krupa and @Synthi to make the thing cohere and sound/look as professional as it did. They, or someone else with similar skills, would have to offer up to make it happen, I believe. Lightning doesn’t always strike twice…

Update: I see @Synthi , he say yes! Excellent. And @sevenape is offering cat herding, whilst @Krupa has an Actual Cat. So I will relax and wait for these martyrs to immolate themselves on the fires of collaborative creation, patiently waiting my turn in the queue of contributors…