Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thesoundtestroom video for Drum-O-Rama, another very interesting drum machine

This is from dev Marc Carlotto who brought us Drum Space amongst other synths and stuff, if you spend a bit of time with this you can get some very interesting and lretty complex patterns
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

Comments

• Agree. Thanks, Doug.

• I actually think this is really interesting looking, but I tried to buy it several times in the US store and got an error message.

Is this a new app? There's no review history on it. Perhaps it went universal or changed names or something.

• Actually it's almost 4 years old!
    Released sep.30 2010, according to App Shopper...

• @mmp said:

Actually it's almost 4 years old!
    Released sep.30 2010, according to App Shopper...

I saw that in the description, also! That's why he's calling it a version 3.0. This is the same developer as Space Drums (which I believe Doug has done a video for, but had some issues that kept me away), and Uber Synth. I suspect it was ignored because it didn't have AudioBus until now, if I am reading this correctly.

I'm thinking the name changed, such as adding "HD" to the title, and that wiped out prior reviews. However, while it has the little "+" sign indicating universal app, I can't install it on my phone. I did not try the iPad, though Doug's video obviously shows it working on an iPad.

Hope I'm able to DL it, as it looks like a nice lightweight collection of sounds that you can sequence or play manually.

• I can confirm that I ~can't~ see it in the u.s. App Store. (Same with seline, incidentally.)

• It's absolutely in the U.S. store (I live in the Midwest), but the download is busted, at least on iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drum-o-rama-hd/id393867949?mt=8

Here's a video from developer in Sept. 2010 showing off some previous iteration of it:

• My ipad won't go to the link, but a search of the store actually works. Weird.

• I have emailed the developer for support. He actually has quite a few apps of the music and non-music variety. Will let you know if there is a response.

• Update: Dev responded and said it worked for him, I then tried it and it now works. Must have been an Apple or server issue.

• Dev responded and said it worked for him

Classic.

• Haha, yeah, reminds me of when you call the cable company and they say "everything should be working", but then flip the magic switch that actually makes things turn on again. In this case, I think it was an Apple issue, though.

The app is interesting. Don't want to pass judgement on it so early. There's a fair number of instruments and they control well. There's like a splash of reverb or something on all of it, though, and I don't think you can kill it. You can only adjust sample decay. But it's cheap and has a small footprint. The "sequencer" isn't really a sequencer, it's almost like a quantinization loop for each instrument (kick, snare, etc.) that you set to a particular frequency. It can then repeat (in rhythm) in an endless loop, or you can trigger your pattern to happen only for one measure. So you could run a "bed" pattern and then have certain fills that trigger over it while recording in AB.

There is pitch and volume control for each instrument. You can rearrange and resize pads all over the screen. It's not a bad concept. The sample quality isn't the best, but I didn't expect that it would be, honestly.

• I thought it was new, sorry guys, still a fun app though