Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

«Passing Afternoon», Iron & Wine cover (Bootsy & JanKun)

edited December 2022 in Creations

Cover of the song ‘Passing Afternoon’ written by Samuel Ervin Beam known by his stage name Iron & Wine.
I have been looking for a long time to get a chance to collaborate with Bernie ‘Bootsy’ Tonning, whose voice never ceases to amaze me.
Bootsy plays acoustic guitar and sings the main vocals, I overdubbed two more acoustic guitars, backing vocals and added extra production. It was a lot of fun, thank you so much @Bootsy
Hope some of you will enjoy.

EDIT:
Here is a stripped down version posted by Bootsy, for those who only wants to hear vocals and acoustic guitars.

https://app.box.com/s/wu2g2rjpdmym7vkrrddnxfn9o4vhcv1m

Comments

• Thanks for that, guys. Especially good from 2:20. Seems like you’re the universal collaborator, Jean. Very happy to see creators gain more of a foothold on ABF. Happy holidays, gents!

• Funny how we seem to love the same artists, Iron & Wine are probably in my top five artists of all time, along with Elliott Smith who @JanKun has also covered.

The guitars are really nice, and more intricate than the original, the strings also add something new to the song. The voices are great, especially when they blend together at the end.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for that, guys. Especially good from 2:20. Seems like you’re the universal collaborator, Jean. Very happy to see creators gain more of a foothold on ABF. Happy holidays, gents!

Thanks for listening @LinearLineman, it's amazing what Jean does with these songs. Beauty!
    Happy Holidays!

• @richardyot said:
    Funny how we seem to love the same artists, Iron & Wine are probably in my top five artists of all time, along with Elliott Smith who @JanKun has also covered.

The guitars are really nice, and more intricate than the original, the strings also add something new to the song. The voices are great, especially when they blend together at the end.

Thanks Richard. Appreciate you listening, great fun working with @jankun. He's amazing.

• Here is a more stripped down version. Without orchestration.

• Nice work by the both of you! @JanKun and @Bootsy

• edited December 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for that, guys. Especially good from 2:20. Seems like you’re the universal collaborator, Jean. Very happy to see creators gain more of a foothold on ABF. Happy holidays, gents!

Hi Mike! Thank you for listening, glad you enjoyed. Do you mean "universal" collaborator like in "universal" screwdriver 🤪 ?

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Nice work by the both of you! @JanKun and @Bootsy

Thank you Edward. Appreciate you!

• Hey @Bootsy !!! Three new posts with you in the middle in less than 24 hours ! Big day !

• @JanKun said:
    Cover of the song ‘Passing Afternoon’ written by Samuel Ervin Beam known by his stage name Iron & Wine.
    I have been looking for a long time to get a chance to collaborate with Bernie ‘Bootsy’ Tonning, whose voice never ceases to amaze me.
    Bootsy plays acoustic guitar and sings the main vocals, I overdubbed two more acoustic guitars, backing vocals and added extra production. It was a lot of fun, thank you so much @Bootsy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Enjoying this creation, transporting me to a Sunday evening, just passed the afternoon!!!
    Love the instrumentation and the vocals.
    Simply beautiful.
    Rene

• @richardyot said:
    Funny how we seem to love the same artists, Iron & Wine are probably in my top five artists of all time, along with Elliott Smith who @JanKun has also covered.

Thank you for listening Richard. I had you in mind while working on this cover cause I already knew how much you love Sam Beam's music. We definitely have so many common influences from Iron & Wine and Elliott Smith to The Pixies, from The Every Brothers to Portishead and so many more ! Glad you enjoyed this version !

• edited December 2022

I’m a massive iron and wine fan. Particularly The Shepard Dog, Our Endless Numbered Days, The cReek Drank the Cradle, Woman King EP, and the cover of Such Great Heights.

I gotta give a shout out to Zach Braff, the actor, for real. He handpicked every song and won a Grammy for the soundtrack to garden state. So Between Garden State, Scrubs, Wish I Was Here, he schooled me to several amazing groups. The shins, now in my top 5 favs of all time, iron and wine, Nick Drake, both in my top 20, zero 7, Joshua radin, the postal service, Alexi Murdoch, and more…

• @Poppadocrock I like every single one of those artists, and I remember Garden State having a great soundtrack, but I didn’t know that Zach Braff had picked the music.

Funnily enough I can’t remember anything from the film other than the soundtrack, I haven’t seen the film for almost 20 years, I should probably watch it again.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Nice work by the both of you! @JanKun and @Bootsy

Thank you for listening !

• This is beatiful! ❤️🙌
    @Bootsy i love your singing!. Contained, to the point and soulful. What a combo with @JanKun !.

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@JanKun said:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Enjoying this creation, transporting me to a Sunday evening, just passed the afternoon!!!
    Love the instrumentation and the vocals.
    Simply beautiful.
    Rene

Hi Rene, thank you so much for listening. Really glad you enjoyed !

• @Stochastically said:
    Wow!

Thank s, Mr. Propeller head !

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I’m a massive iron and wine fan. Particularly The Shepard Dog, Our Endless Numbered Days, The. Reek Drank the Cradle, Woman King EP, and the cover of Such Great Heights.

I gotta give a shout out to Zach Braff, the actor, for real. He handpicked every song and won a Grammy for the soundtrack to garden state. So Between Garden State, Scrubs, Wish I Was Here, he schooled me to several amazing groups. The shins, now in my top 5 favs of all time, iron and wine, Nick Drake, both in my top 20, zero 7, Joshua radin, the postal service, Alexi Murdoch, and more…

Thank you for chiming in ! Such a long time since I last saw Garden State. The soundtrack was indeed gorgeous.
    @Bootsy uploaded a stripped down version without strings which sticks a bit closer to the original and that you might enjoy a bit more

• edited December 2022

@richardyot said:
    @Poppadocrock I like every single one of those artists, and I remember Garden State having a great soundtrack, but I didn’t know that Zach Braff had picked the music.

Funnily enough I can’t remember anything from the film other than the soundtrack, I haven’t seen the film for almost 20 years, I should probably watch it again.

Natalie Portman, one of the Skarrsgard guys, It’s one of my all time favorite movies. Well in my top 5. If it’s on and I’m not watching anything i put it on. Watched it a few months ago. He wrote, directed, and starred in the movie Garden State as well.

• @tahiche said:
    This is beatiful! ❤️🙌
    @Bootsy i love your singing!. Contained, to the point and soulful. What a combo with @JanKun !.

Thanks for listening ! @Bootsy 's singing is indeed very soulful !

• Not familiar with the song or the singer but I enjoyed this… hints of Elvis Costello a couple of time I thought but I’m no expert 🤔

• @GeoTony said:
    Not familiar with the song or the singer but I enjoyed this… hints of Elvis Costello a couple of time I thought but I’m no expert 🤔

Thanks for listening Tony ! @Bootsy has an incredible voice and now that you mention Elvis Costello, I can also hear that!

• Great mix and performances on this one… I love the way the guitar(s) slip into a “swing feel” or not. At times it’s both straight and swing 8ths. The vocal mix and orchestration are so perfectly added to enhance and extend the emotional range of the material. I hope you guys do more as your project schedules permit.

• @McD said:
    Great mix and performances on this one… I love the way the guitar(s) slip into a “swing feel” or not. At times it’s both straight and swing 8ths. The vocal mix and orchestration are so perfectly added to enhance and extend the emotional range of the material. I hope you guys do more as your project schedules permit.

Hi @McD, I haven't been on the forum for ages! Your comment went under the radar, sorry for that. Thank you for listening. Bootsy's guitar was very straight and on the beat, so I had some space to fill in the off beat with my guitar to bring some syncopation ! Glad your chimed in !

• I seriously love this. In fact I might be in danger of gushing.

The performance, vocals and production are just so damn good it gives me goosebumps.

Amazing work guys!

• edited February 2023

@SpookyZoo said:
    I seriously love this. In fact I might be in danger of gushing.

The performance, vocals and production are just so damn good it gives me goosebumps.

Amazing work guys!

Thank you for all the nice words here and on SoundCloud. I think @Bootsy will appreciate !

• @JanKun said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I seriously love this. In fact I might be in danger of gushing.

Amazing work guys!

Thank you for all the nice words here and on SoundCloud. I think @Bootsy will appreciate !

thank you so much @spookyzoo! i really do appreciate the kind words. and thank you @JanKun for handling all the responses to our collab. sorry i dropped out for a bit there..

• I don’t seek for this kind of music, so I don’t know any of the references, but wow…
    this sounds so lovely!

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I don’t seek for this kind of music, so I don’t know any of the references, but wow…
    this sounds so lovely!

A late thank you !