Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are some of your favorite synth patches, and why?

I'm talking about those leads, pads, whatever else patches for iOS apps that are your go-to patches for inspiration and jamming. If you can specify the bank they come from it would probably help (especially if it's not from the default sound banks that come with the app). Try to narrow it down to no more than two or three from each synth app.

Comments

• Nave: Tom Fenn - Film 1 (i like it a bit slower and changed some parameters)

Animoog: Leads - Wavedance (+ AUFX Space = awesome)

Sunrizer: Default - Event Horizon (i like to add a bit reverb here too)

NanoStudio: B26 Octave Arp, A02 7th Heaven (i love to load samples into it)

Virsyn Apps and AlchemyMobile : There are too much i love to list them here.

Mitosynth: I love to create own patches here a lot....

....there are a lot more but this are the first came in my mind in the iOS world.

• @Cinebient I was hoping you were going to comment on this one :)

• +1 on sunrizer/event horizon

Billions and billions of instruments, patches and possibilities in the world, and we both noticed this one.

• I'll try to make a list of favorite preset patches, so many synth apps! :)

But what I really like is to make my own. I think the "music personality" of a keyboard/synth player relies on his music skills AND on his personal sounds.

Talking about preset patches, anyone else annoyed by the huge difference in volume between preset patches on some synth apps? I think this is one of the things devs should care more.

• I really love to layer sounds. I had made about 50 Audiobus 2 patches with some huge sounds. A combination from default and self made patches + FX settings.... for some reason i didn't made a backup and then my iPad had a hardware defekt.... now i'm at zero again :)
    The most of my self made patches are from Addictive Synth, Cube synth, Nave and Mitosynth. I wish other developers would make it more easy to share patches without that thing called i-tunes. There are some other synths like Animoog where i made some patches but it's not really funny to create and/or share them so i stopped it.

A great patch browser, easy way to share and save and create a ton of them is the motivation i didn't find in many iOS apps....

• edited August 2014

Mitosynth - Now That's What I Call a Pad

Nanostudio - The lead synth sound into the Laid Back demo song

Sunrizer - Big Synth Strings, Lifeforms

Alchemy Mobile - Toto's Africa, Midnight Jupiter Keys (Himalaya Vintage); Ripping You a New One (Biolabs Dark Space)

Magellan - Angels

Though I make my own patches really often, for example I made a good 80s brass patch myself on NLog.

• edited August 2014

Animoog -SawRunners - ( Richard Devine pack ) - I like what he did there - good audiovisuals

Animoog - GrittyAttack ( Keys bank ) I always clear the path first as I am not a fan of the metallic sounds that happens sometimes when the comets travel between the timbres ( wavetables? ) and I turn the glide knob up for extra expressiveness

favourite bass sound ever - iMini - CP_sub2 - not very synth like I guess but I just love this bass sound

Nlog - Rabuy ( ARP:xy bank ) - just kind off ...beautiful

• JG scurries off to have lunch with Rabuy....

• Another one i really love: Tera Synth - Pads - 011 - CombFilter (hg)

I just saw that all patches in Tera seems to use no reverb. Reverb is of course not always needed/wanted but since i love endless spaces some patches are even more AWE after enable it ;) It's really the best iOS reverb included in a synth by a country mile.

• @Cinebient said:

Another one i really love: Tera Synth - Pads - 011 - CombFilter (hg)

I just saw that all patches in Tera seems to use no reverb. Reverb is of course not always needed/wanted but since i love endless spaces some patches are even more AWE after enable it ;) It's really the best iOS reverb included in a synth by a country mile.

Damn right. Most Magellan patches have either phaser or reverb, it gets boring after a while.

• Nothing useful to add but

@Cinebient said:

It's really the best iOS reverb included in a synth by a country mile.

I'm always so impressed when people for whom English is not their native language pull off phrases like 'by a country mile' perfectly. Saugut @cinebient!

• @syrupcore: When i heard this first time it makes no sense to me because i tryed to translate it.... After someone tells me what it means it made more sense and i don't forget this phrase.... finally i could use it in a comment :D
    What is really strange is that i begin somtimes to think in english since i write and read it more as my mother language. I'm sure my grammar still sucks a lot.....

Music is still my favourite language!

• edited August 2014

I'm pretty much a sucker for all of the vintage analog tones, being a prog rocker.

Leads:

Animoog

Vintage10 (in my misc folder, not sure where I got it)

NK pluck3 ( from 3rd party NK bank)

Z3ta+

Fatman + prophet 5 (3rd party bank)

Classic Rock Lead XS (factory PC, I think)

Alchemy

Sync (DanceTrance)

Deep Purple (electronic)

Portalead III (factory PC transfer)

Sunrizer

Plastic Throat (Paul Beecham)

Eoouu Lead [JD] (factory)

Campfire [JJ] (factory)

Thumbjam

JR Zendrix (factory)

iMini

JMB_Harmonic_Voices (from Arturia website)

ThinkPad (from Arturia website)

iSEM

JC_LiquidLead_LD (factory)

Square Lead (factory)

Pads:

Animoog

Ary street (from Reality Animoog Timbres)

Z3ta+

Glassy Pad XS (factory PC, I think)

Wolfsheep Pad (3rd party)

Alchemy

Poly Synth Dream (Himalaya Pads)

Classic Padding Duty 1 (Himilaya Pads)

iMini

MM_Nice_Saws (from Arturia website)

NU_MosquitoPad(from Arturia website)

NU_Mystic (from Arturia website)

iSEM

shine on (from Sergio Paganini, YouTube user)

• Isem: bassman

Animoog: default

• If only there was a way to share these directly between ipads that would be so nice.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

+1 on sunrizer/event horizon

Billions and billions of instruments, patches and possibilities in the world, and we both noticed this one.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine…”

• On a semi-related note, when I was going through presets last night I listened to some that I had marked as favorites in Magellan, and I didn't like any of them. Magellan was the first synth I bought and I really liked it at the time. Perhaps my tastes have changed since then, or else I've gotten more particular since I've now had a chance to play with some different synth apps.

• Pro Keys: Bladerunner