Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo and Patterning 2 midi recording

Hi all

How do I record midi from Patterning 2 to Drambo?

Many thanks

Lea

Comments

1. Make sure Link and Link Start/Stop are enabled in both P2 and Drambo.
    2. On the File screen of P2, tap MIDI Configuration and then "Apply to All" under MIDI Output Settings.
    3. In the pattern screen of P2, tap the MIDI tab at the right, and for each track set the track output to "Both" or "MIDI". Each pattern should be set to output to Patterning 2. Make any changes to channel or note that you need here as well.
    4. In the Drambo track that you want to record to, set the MIDI input to Patterning 2 and set Receives MIDI to Active track.
    5. Press Record, then Play in Drambo. Press Play when done recording.
  • Thanks for getting taking the time to help with this, where can I find the link start/stop in both apps?

Lea

• @LeaTurner said:
    Thanks for getting taking the time to help with this, where can I find the link start/stop in both apps?

Lea

This is a little difficult to find. In Drambo, it's in the metronome settings in the top row, default 120:.

• @LeaTurner said:
    Thanks for getting taking the time to help with this, where can I find the link start/stop in both apps?

Lea

No problem. B)

In P2 you'll find the Link settings under the Clock Settings on the File page. First enable Ableton Link, then the Sync Start/Stop setting will appear.

• I can now record midi in sync with the patterning but when create a pattern with less than 16 steps such as 12 steps per bar for example the midi recording is out of time?

Thanks

Lea

• Fixed it now thanks, so happy!!