Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 glitches, stutters, and silent AUv3s after iOS 16?

I can’t seem to get through a simple beat without it being to laggy and stutters and glitchy. I’ve tried no effects. I’ve tried recording AUv3s into audio track to delete said auv3 and half the time the instrument (agonizer, Chomplr, and more) are literally silent, then i keep playing with it and suddenly it works, but then i goto record snd its silent again. So I go back to the instrument and have to keep pressing keys until it finally starts making sound.. then it stops again… oh my god so maddening especially when I’m being paid to make this beat for a local guy… I can’t even export the stems cus half the time they dont even make noise so it exports a blank track…

Edit: this is 5th gen Air with the M1 8gb RAM and 256gb Wi-Fi only.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Should've waited. Beatmaker 3 is already starting to fall apart for me in certain areas and I'm still on iOs 15. I wouldn't dare touch 16 at this point.

• Shame
    Love this app

• I'm not touching 16 with a barge pole if that's the case, as has already been mention it's gotten a bit flakey of late, in iOS 15, I doubt we'll see an update anytime soon either..

• edited November 2022

BM3 isn’t falling apart like @toastedpanda7 has mentioned above and it works fine on ios16.
    Apps like chomplr that are based on audiokit code framework are known to have issues and it Has nothing to do with iOS version.
    No clue about agonizer.
    If you want better troubleshooting to diagnose and fix issues you’re having, hop on to the (mostly) BM3 discord.
    https://discord.gg/TVXhnxv9

• @bargale said:
    Apps like chomplr that are based on audiokit code framework are known to have issues and it Has nothing to do with iOS version.

This is something i keep repeating since audiokit appeared ... AudioKit apps are simply not realiable, in any host in any iOS version.. they always been .. Regarding me, i hold my hands away from any app which was made with AudioKit. It may be just my experience but it is like it is, had always too much issues even with their flagship synths.

• @dendy said:

@bargale said:

This is something i keep repeating since audiokit appeared ... AudioKit apps are simply not realiable, in any host in any iOS version.. they always been .. Regarding me, i hold my hands away from any app which was made with AudioKit. It may be just my experience but it is like it is, had always too much issues even with their flagship synths.

That is my experience as well regarding AK.

While the Audiokit team does an admirable job marketing the framework to new developers they should be aware of the potential pitfalls when plenty of apps rely on the framework and will need updates when bugs are discovered.
    Something many small developers may not have to the means to address and we're left with loads of 'unreliable' apps.

But this is not only in issue with Audiokit, BM3 has not been updated in ages and still relies on OpenGL which has since long been deprecated by Apple in favor of Metal. It has also not been 're-compiled' to use the new system libraries and when you combine all these factors into one it's a marvel that is still even works.

I have no clue if BM3 is still being developed or even properly maintained...

As long as one avoids using external plug-ins BM3 is rock-solid, and the current AUv3 bugs could be due to use of old frameworks in the core app, which could potentially be solved by re-compiling the app against the updated frameworks.

Oh well, time will tell what happens...
    Cheers!