Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

if you only produce music strictly using your ios device ipad or iphone

what ios apps do you used for mixing and mastering and by the way can i hear your finish project created just using your ios device and apps, plus do you use headphones or speakers, also what advice and recommendations do you want to give us or you are looking to improve as a producer

¿Qué aplicaciones de iOS utilizaste para mezclar y masterizar, y por cierto, puedo escuchar tu proyecto final creado solo usando tu dispositivo y aplicaciones iOS, por igual que usaste audífonos o bocinas, también qué consejos y recomendaciones nos quieres dar o estás buscando para mejorar como productor?

For Mixing it might use different auv3 but i usually use TB Equalizer and Compressor most of the time and some times i used TB reverb,

For Mastering it also depends on that im trying to go for but i also usually end up using TB Equalizer and compressor, some times i might use bleass saturator to add some color, also sometimes i do add the stereo with or Spatializer have some stereo feel, and depending on what also going for, i used the fac maximazer or tb barricade
but most of the time im always experimenting with different auv3 processor to hear what they brings to what i
doing or just to create a different sound texture

Comments

• edited November 2022

one of my finish project using what i mentioned and by the way i only use headphones, i use the status cb1 or grado sr80

• https://inframes.bandcamp.com/album/11-days-11-songs
    Here´s an album made entirely during a 14 days quarantine back in 2020. It is entirely made on iOS (Cubasis, mainly) using headphones.
    For the mastering I used Cubasis as well, with different plugins according to the needs of each song. But, there´s a lot of Bark Filter, TB Morphit, TB Enhancer, TB Equalizer (Yes, TB is lovely ❤️)

• @sharifkerbage said:
    https://inframes.bandcamp.com/album/11-days-11-songs
    Here´s an album made entirely during a 14 days quarantine back in 2020. It is entirely made on iOS (Cubasis, mainly) using headphones.
    For the mastering I used Cubasis as well, with different plugins according to the needs of each song. But, there´s a lot of Bark Filter, TB Morphit, TB Enhancer, TB Equalizer (Yes, TB is lovely ❤️)

sounds really great, it has a big atmosphere space sound, it’ll be perfect specially for a movies scene, what auv3 instruments did you used ?
    bu the way nice mixing and mastering texture yo got great ears !

i forgot to mention im an iphone beat maker, i only love using the iphone for such

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:

@sharifkerbage said:

sounds really great, it has a big atmosphere space sound, it’ll be perfect specially for a movies scene, what auv3 instruments did you used ?
    bu the way nice mixing and mastering texture yo got great ears !

i forgot to mention im an iphone beat maker, i only love using the iphone for such

Thank you!! 🙌🏼
    There´s some Mononoke, Agonizer, iVCS3, guitar, Microfreak and some moments and objects sampled with a Zoom h1.

I use the iPhone more as an sketchbook, and for that I´m a lot into Gadget these days.

• Thanks man for posting this! You are pretty good too! Keep posts like this coming. I am struggling making anything so mastering is outta the question for me for now lol.

• edited November 2022

@magnusovi said:
    Thanks man for posting this! You are pretty good too! Keep posts like this coming. I am struggling making anything so mastering is outta the question for me for now lol.

Thank you 🙏🏼 a really appreciate that comment because its the type of comment that motivate me to keep going and work harder,
    by the way after 15 years of producing, just now on the last past 8 or 9 months i started getting better on mastering, i will say that mastering starts with a great mix , once you have that set mastering, will come naturally which im just starting to find that out, also before i started mastering i didn’t know where to start with mastering but now im starting to understand it little by little and the funny thing is that basically since i started my ios production journey, was when i got interested on it, and the key element for me was by just trying and errors, which is what is teaching me a lot about mastering !

• @sharifkerbage said:

As a guitar player I loved Eternal. Nice!

• edited November 2022

https://cthonicist1.bandcamp.com/album/sacred-geometries

Monitored on headphones and my Alexa TV speaker. Recorded and live mixed entirely in AUM, mastered using FAC Bandit ‘Final Exiter’ and Bark Filter ‘Triple,Band’ with Auto Gain and Limiter turned on. That’s it.

I used to freak about the techniques of mastering, ‘proper’ monitoring and all that, and I’m sure that if you play real instruments, sing, or are making real verse/chorus songs, that stuff will really matter. But I don’t. So I learnt to stop worrying and lean into the presets made by people cleverer than me.

My 60 year old ears are happy enough with that. :)