Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence 2 Update Version 2.4.0

Comments

• @JMmusic said:

@SevenSystems said:
    OK, thanks! Will be sorted in an update soon.

Hey there! Just checking on the update.
    The error happens every time I open X2. It opens a previous state so I have to go into the projects area and open the last save manually every time I open the app.
    Also it’s not keeping my interface settings from last time I used the app. For example, I have to set “ruler auto dismiss” again every time.

Hey,

sorry that the update still didn't arrive. I'm also not quite sure yet what's causing your problem, I'd like to fix it properly and it would be great if I had more information.

Especially the settings thing you mentioned now means that Xequence almost certainly crashes at some point, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Could you possibly make a screen recording that shows the following sequence (Xequence 😂) of events:

1) You launch Xequence fresh so that the splash screen shows
    2) You go into the settings and change eg. "Ruler Auto-Dismiss".
    3) You do some of the stuff you normally do
    4) You kill Xequence by going to the multitasking screen and swiping it off
    5) You re-launch Xequence and go again to the settings screen, showing that the change to "Ruler Auto-Dismiss" didn't stick

There must be something "special" that you're doing that nobody else does! (not saying that's a bad thing. But it's a thing! 😊) I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for the help, will have a look ASAP!

• edited December 2022

@SevenSystems said:
    Thanks for the help, will have a look ASAP!

Thanks! Fresh install of Xequence here (I've just bought it) and I confirm the "Xequence unexpectly quit" whenever I launch it again after a proper kill. Settings are never saved as well.

iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.7.1

Have a great day and thank you!

• @jsmonzani said:

@SevenSystems said:

Thanks! Fresh install of Xequence here (I've just bought it) and I confirm the "Xequence unexpectly quit" whenever I launch it again after a proper kill. Settings are never saved as well.

iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.7.1

Thanks, trying to investigate. It seems like iOS isn't notifying Xequence that you're leaving the app. Is there anything "special" about the way you do so? Or do you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, as usual?

• @SevenSystems said:

@jsmonzani said:

@SevenSystems said:

iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.7.1

Thanks, trying to investigate. It seems like iOS isn't notifying Xequence that you're leaving the app. Is there anything "special" about the way you do so? Or do you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, as usual?

I am on 15.7.1 too and don't seem to have this effect

• Thanks @tja

@jsmonzani @JMmusic when you're in Xequence, then go to the multitasking screen, but then go RIGHT BACK INTO XEQUENCE (not kill it) by tapping on its card, does the app unexpectedly restart anyway? (splash screen appears)

• edited December 2022

Thanks for your time @SevenSystems !

• For killing it, I double click on my iPad button to access the multitasking screen with apps thumbnails and swipe up Xequence to kill it.
    • I have no problem when switching back and forth from/to it using either the multitasking screen or AUM via the IAA buttons. It doesn't restart unexpectedly as you're asking.
    • I tried with an empty project as well but same issue, so this doesn't seem to be project-dependent
  • edited December 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2022

@JMmusic said:
    Unrelated question: I like to keep notes and CC data on different tracks. But when recording notes and CC1 data using the keyboard in X2, the recording goes on 1 track. Is there a way to make the notes and CC data go to there respective tracks when recording?

If not it’s no biggy🙂. Moving the data is a quick copy paste away👍🏻

Unfortunately there's no automatic way to do this, but after recording you can use PROCESS -> "Controllers to own tracks" to separate them from the notes, and then, if you want, move the controller clip to the track that contains the existing controller clips, then select all on that track, and then PROCESS -> "Join".

• edited December 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JMmusic said:
    Even though there is this thing with the warning screen, I'm still going to use this app as it's the best MIDI editor/"inputer" on iOS! And it looks so nice too!

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Yes this issue is extremely odd -- Xequence is normally widely known for being essentially bug-free, so this is something that I definitely want to see fixed. Thanks for your help with that so far!

• @SevenSystems said:

@JMmusic said:
    Even though there is this thing with the warning screen, I'm still going to use this app as it's the best MIDI editor/"inputer" on iOS! And it looks so nice too!

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Yes this issue is extremely odd -- Xequence is normally widely known for being essentially bug-free, so this is something that I definitely want to see fixed. Thanks for your help with that so far!

You’re welcome, I’m sure it’s a great app and you’re gonna find a fix.
    I’ve tried to hard reset my iPad just to see if it helped but unfortunately no luck.

• @JMmusic said:
    FWIW, I just installed on an old iPad Air 2 with IOS 15.5 on it and it did not get the crash warning. My iPhone SE is on 16.1.2

Thanks... it does seem like the problem can occur on iOS 15 as well, according to @jsmonzani 's report. I'm currently investigating an Audiobus-related problem, and when that's sorted, I'll push an update to see if it brings any improvements :)

• @JMmusic said:
    New update fixed the crash warning pop up!

Oh can't wait to test it! Thanks!

• @JMmusic said:

All great here and no more issue, thank you so much @SevenSystems !

• @jsmonzani said:

@JMmusic said:

All great here and no more issue, thank you so much @SevenSystems !

Astounding, but appreciated 😄 Have fun!

• edited January 2023

Full support for Split View and Stage Manager is coming:

Now we only need AUM to support it 😎 @j_liljedahl

• @SevenSystems said:
    Full support for Split View

Ohhhh, yessssss 🤗🤗🤗

and Stage Manager is coming:

Ahhhh, crapy useless stuff...

Ohhhh, yessss again 😅🤗

• @tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

But sometimes people want such stuff! 😄

• @SevenSystems said:

@tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

But sometimes people want such stuff! 😄

I don't see for what exactly.
    You can already have one App full screen, 2 Apps with 3 different versions using the screen and can have lots of Apps additionally as slideover - and you can easily and fast switch between them.

If you ignore the strange mode where Stage Manager has one App in a small (useless) window in the middle of the screen, Stage Manager does not seem to offer anything over what we already have.

And this useless mode .... why would I use any App as small window in the middle of the screen, instead of using the whole display?!?

Really.

• @SevenSystems said:

This is great to see! So with split view it’ll support 50% screen size right? Is going smaller than that also possible. Also, any chance for bi-directional drag n drop? Thanks

I really enjoy stage manager and think it’s great btw. It really helps me maximize my efficiency. It also adds a split screen type of support to apps that wouldn’t otherwise have it. Everyone is free to pick their preference, but I like it.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@SevenSystems said:

This is great to see! So with split view it’ll support 50% screen size right? Is going smaller than that also possible. Also, any chance for bi-directional drag n drop? Thanks

It'll support it, but the buttons will become really small :) (currently, to fit all buttons in the toolbars etc., it scales them down until they fit. So, they'll become even smaller than in the screenshot above if you go 50/50. If it's not too much trouble, I might look into either making the toolbars scrollable instead, or maybe grouping buttons into menus.)

No Drag & Drop for now, sorry! But if Xequence 3 ever becomes a thing, then chances are good! :)