Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this mic a good deal? MF SDOTD 11/17

Comments

• You’ll get what you pay for, MXL mics are not that great. It depends on your needs and expectations.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2022

For your voice? That type of Mic needs Phantom power which most audio interfaces provide… it’s just a +48V charge provided to create a difference voltage between two plates and NOT a constant rush of current.

I think you’d be server by not focusing on the fidelity so much and the simplicity. The Blueball USB mic’s eliminate the extra cabling and just plug into the CCK adapters or a USB Hub.

But a $59 sale condenser will likely sound great to you and to us… It’s the art of the Chinese knock off with a western Brand applied. In almost any category the Chinese Knock Off is a great value for anyone not interested in the very top tier like the Neuman.

I have 2 condenser mic’s and I used one for “Time After Time” and hand held it… very sensitive.
    For “You’ve Got a Friend” I bought a $59 Snowball and both really captured the way my voice sounds since I was inches from both mic’s. When you aim to capture a room the top mic’s seem to be important but anyone doing a lot of vocal recording will probably tell you to pick the right mic for the voice… singers develop a preference if they get to try a bunch. The Beatles liked to slow down the tape to get a better vocal quality. You might consider speeding up the tape if you’re going to sing again… I’d love to have your low notes for a few days.

• For $59 it’s a great deal. As others have mentioned, it depends on what your needs are but, I bet that it sounds fairly decent. Probably artificially hyped in the hi-end as most of the cheap Chinese condensers are. I have a pair of original MXL603s (they’re at least 20 years old now) that I still use for room mics on drums.

• @McD I’m not really looking for a mic. Just didn’t want to be seen as recommending something I was unfamiliar with.

• You must be getting Affiliate points from your Sweetwater Rep… you moved a lot of Rings. Social networking using influencers is the new MLM. Have you settled on the perfect MPE controller. It’s not the Orba… I’m coveting the new ROLI but I’ll never justify their prices. My daughters will probably give me an Orba 2 which has more wave import and sequencing features and no MIDI controller changes at all.

• @McD still the Osmose if it ever arrives.