Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala, total newbie question

I just sampled some stuff into Koala (running in AUM) for the first time. I had to shut down AUM for another reason, but after restarting the samples in Koala were gone. So, in which folder should I look for them?

(Am I the only one to be annoyed, when I find that the software I bought, does not come with a manual? Please do not let this become a trend.🙏🏼)

Comments

• In AUM you should restore last session

If you are using koala as a plugin, then the samples are stored in it's status only, meaning that they will live in the project file.

You can save your koala set if you want to have a backup of the files.

I'm not sure but AUM MIGHT save some backups? I'm only guessing about this

• @LarsDaniel said:
    I just sampled some stuff into Koala (running in AUM) for the first time. I had to shut down AUM for another reason, but after restarting the samples in Koala were gone. So, in which folder should I look for them?

(Am I the only one to be annoyed, when I find that the software I bought, does not come with a manual? Please do not let this become a trend.🙏🏼)

The samples are store in the koala project or AU preset. I don’t think they are visible as separate audio files.

• @LarsDaniel said:

+1. I still remember the painful realisation, after I bought most of the Kai Aras portfolio during a sale, that he's not that into writing manuals...🤷

• @LarsDaniel said:

To be fair, if you tap the hamburger icon and then Help, it takes you to a web site full of FAQs and info. Not a comprehensive structured downloadable PDF, but it doesn’t leave you with nothing.

• @LarsDaniel please make sure you’re 100% updated with koala as there were some fixes regarding restoring sessions etc

Regarding manuals, I had actually commissioned someone to write a manual, which is partly written but then there’s all the images that need to go in there, and it’s pretty damn long too, so it’s probably going to take a while to finish off. Plus it will be out of date very quickly because even after 4 years I’m in an ongoing process of adding major features.

Maybe when koala reaches its “1.0” milestone it will be good to finish the manual

• @elf_audio
    Care to elaborate on what’s to come
    ( don’t panic, I’m not really expecting an answer)

• Thanks all!
    AUM had actually saved the session, but I was looking the wrong place. My bad.