Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

R.I.P. Keith Levene (The Clash and Public Image Limited)

edited November 2022 in Other

British guitarist Keith Levene, a founding member of The Clash and Public Image Limited, is being remembered as a reinventor of punk rock after a friend announced his death on social media.

Author Adam Hammond said Levene died on Friday, with the Guardian reporting the pair were working on a book together.

"Our thoughts and love go out to his partner Kate, sister Jill and all of Keith's family and friends," he said on Twitter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63611757

Comments

• More awful news - lots of creativity leaving the planet lately. Love the PIL stuff that Keith & Jah Wobble were part of.

• edited November 2022

Song: The order of death.

• @Lurcher said:
    More awful news - lots of creativity leaving the planet lately. Love the PIL stuff that Keith & Jah Wobble were part of.

Likewise.

• Damn it.
    I was listening to the Commercial Zone mixes yesterday afternoon and it led me to think about Levene’s massive influence, working with the Slits, Travis Bean guitars, and how cool white socks look with black shoes.
    Thanks for all the beauty and Rest In Peace.

• I’m a fan. Love his playing on the early PIL material. I was bummed to hear this. I feel fortunate that I saw him play live, if only once.

• Who else has noticed a large number of deaths reported of people in their mid-60’s? This is not normal. The average lifespan for men in the US is about 76. For women it’s 81. In the UK it’s supposed to be even higher that those numbers. But not recently.

• I imagine the problem is that no data has been compiled specifically on the average life expectancy of rock musicians.

With the notable exceptions of Mick, Keith and Paul, greats like Jimi, Janice, Prince and others have greatly skewed the results to around the mid 60s.