Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Autumn Return to Stillness Ambient Jam

edited December 2022 in Creations

This is my first ever share of a recording of mine on a forum, trying to put myself out there more musically without any expectations. I haven't seen much ambient on here before so not sure if it's the vibe here.. I was initially just test-looping BLEASS Omega with Atom while mapping some parameters to a midi controller, then got distracted jamming along with it, sampling and resampling, motion sequencing the synth and effects, and went down an ambient rabbithole. So it's all live jamming, nothing prearranged or added afterwards. I did cut down the length though. Listening back it feels like it reflects some of what I've been feeling lately: trying to practice returning to presence/stillness in the midst of doubts and uncertainty and overwhelm. I found it soothing and meditative, especially towards the middle through the end of the recording. Hope you enjoy, critical feedback very much welcome, especially considering I have no idea what I'm doing mixing and mastering.

Comments

• Nice jam!

I guess you missed @jwmmakerofmusic summer of ambient. Look him up

• edited November 2022

@ecou Thanks for the tag mate. :)

@nod_rog Welcome here! What a hella great way to introduce yourself to a forum. 🙂 I think your mixing and mastering are very spot on since I can clearly hear all the elements! ❤️ I'm currently giving "Autumn Return to Stillness" a second listen while typing this. My first listen was to make sure the mix was cohesive, and it is! Now it's on in the background for enjoyment purposes to chill out to.

I indeed had a "Summer of Ambient 2022", and it was magical! 🤩 My favourite piece I made is "I Shall Guide Thee", a piece about Anubis leading a soul into the afterlife.

My SoundCloud is https://soundcloud.com/jwmmakerofmusic , and I followed you there.

My Bandcamp is https://jwmmakerofmusic.bandcamp.com where you can hear my latest EDM pieces.

That all said, Ambient became a vibe when I started obsessively releasing 3-4 pieces per week back in May, June and July, growing in my craft with each live jam.

• Hey... great delivery on this one. Hope to listen to many more tracks from you

• edited November 2022

Awh you all are too sweet, appreciate the supportive vibes, glad to hear that people are enjoying - I'll def continue to share!

@ecou

Yes, I did! Thanks so much for the connection!!

@jwmmakerofmusic

I really appreciate your feedback & you sharing yr music. This piece is a big vibe, I love the slow evolution, and it really conveys feelings of mystery and death, I can see why it is yr favorite. Some of my favorite pieces are explorations of death and dying, like Trilogie de la Mort by Eliane Radigue, which is inspired by the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

And dang you are prolific! That's great that you did a deep dive into ambient this past summer, I will be checking out those jams and following yr work.

I’ve found ambient jams to be so deeply meditative and freeing. But sometimes for me they can be a way of procrastinating from working on arranging pieces and recording songs & covers, which can take a bit more effort and discipline for me, so I’m trying (unsuccessfully) to push myself in that direction more these days.