Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad iOS 16 walk through! It’s pretty impressive !

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:

Ok, so it’s buggy.

The Stage Manager feature is not ready for prime time. I’d like to hear from early adopters if GarageBand, music apps and plugins are affected by this update.

• stage manager has been a delight for me on iPad….using it every day on the betas with GB and my go to AUV3’s. (However I don’t use AudioKit apps at the moment and I believe there’s an issue with these that’s currently getting fixed)

Stage manager on MacOS/Ventura though for some reason does not resonate with me. but on iPad it’s fantabulous.

• So everything is now up-to-date :sunglasses:

I do wonder how long it'll take before for iPadOS16.1.1 to drop?

Usually when opening an app folder the background is 'dimmed'. This is still the case when opening folders from the 'home screen' but if the app folder is in the dock only 3/4 of the screen is dimmed (and the folder content is not centered on the screen) which is super obviously a UI glitch.

Hey, I thought Apple cared about UI details and those were supposedly one of the reasons for the launch delay but obviously not a single person at Apple has a folder with apps in the dock?!

I've tried about 40 apps so far without any apparent issues so apart from the mentioned visual folder glitch...

Tim Crook should really invest a bit more in Quality Control & Quality Assurance instead of spending the finds on TV-Shows, Watch-faces, Sports etc. etc. etc.

Oh well, it'll likely get fixed at some point and I don't know hoe many months that glitch has been in the betas...

Cheers!

• OMG I finally have a native weather app on the iPad! I think this is the best thing about this update for me :)

• @Tarekith said:
    OMG I finally have a native weather app on the iPad! I think this is the best thing about this update for me :)

🤣

• I only have a guess but I'm very surprised that no iOS/iPadOS/macOS Youtuber dares to make videos exposing bugs and glitches in the 'Apple Matrix'?! (I some cases NDAs may include paragraphs about not speaking 'negatively' about the product which in my eyes falls under 'False Marketing').

...guess if they did Apples PR department would no longer send them stuff to 'review' and that would be the end of their YouTube-Career.

So far I've bumped into 10+ UI bugs that should have been found and fixed during beta...
    ...apart from those apps do work ok and I've so far not bumped into a single 'show stopper'.

StageManager is a mess even in macOS Mojave and the 'inventor' behind it should honestly be fired asap.
    I would be ashamed of myself if I was the project manager behind it...

Need to cool down now, but I do look forward to updates that hopefully fix some of the more obvious glitches.

Cheers!

• Almost all my audio apps seem to work properly. Only final touch (which wasn’t working great in the first place) totally stopped working and crashes after any import.

• I think this time I will wait a little bit :)

• The "Display Zoom" option on my 11" Pro is giving me a bit more of space in Drambo, which is great. Other than that I don't think any other changes will affect my workflow; I rarely multitask so I'll keep Stage Manager disabled.

• @Grandbear said:
    The "Display Zoom" option on my 11" Pro is giving me a bit more of space in Drambo, which is great. Other than that I don't think any other changes will affect my workflow; I rarely multitask so I'll keep Stage Manager disabled.

I would have loved to have the option for 'bigger text' on the 11" like on the 12.9" :sunglasses:

Stage Manager is a mess even on macOS Ventura so I'll keep it turned off.

The 'UI' glitch when opening an app folder from the dock drives me nuts, it's not 'centered' and only 3/4 of the screen is dimmed. Opening an app folder from the home-screen works as expected...
    (I've temporarily moved the app folders from the dock to the home-screen to work around this 'UI bug', but it means an extra step to launch an app since I have to go back to the home-screen instead of launching the app from the folder in the dock).

I have a feeling we'll see an iPadOS16.1.1 update within a week or two.

Cheers!

• I ask… why is apple the biggest company in the world with all the human resource and stuff not able to get this shit fixed due release date? am I too harsh?

Beside that I really have some utopian wishes for the external monitor support haha

• @david_2017 said:
    I ask… why is apple the biggest company in the world with all the human resource and stuff not able to get this shit fixed due release date? am I too harsh?

Beside that I really have some utopian wishes for the external monitor support haha

Something something pandemic. And something something no one wants to work anymore.

• @NeuM said:

@david_2017 said:
    I ask… why is apple the biggest company in the world with all the human resource and stuff not able to get this shit fixed due release date? am I too harsh?

Something something pandemic. And something something no one wants to work anymore.

a lot of truth in this.

• stage manager started out as M1 exclusive, was widely condemned during beta…so midstream they decided to rearchitect it to support more iPads…all that code churn has consequences

• @david_2017 said:

I think that large, complex software products suffer from rapidly diminishing returns past a certain number of engineers working on the project. At a certain point you're putting as much effort into managing teams as you are putting into writing software. It also takes a new engineer some time to get productive with large, complex software products. So, Apple could hire 1000 new engineers tomorrow, but it would be months before that "capacity" is online, and even then you're not going to get the productivity boost that 1000 startups would get hiring the same 1000 engineers.

All that said, I'm a bit concerned about the quality of this release and the manner of its rollout. I'm an early adopter, so I've adopted early, but I do think that iPadOS 16.1 is a good candidate for waiting a couple point releases before you adopt it if you're doing important work on your iPad.

• edited October 2022

You know what is like to see improved in future updates.. "Preparing update".

That moment where you enter this time void where you have absolutely no idea what's going on. It's still going now, it's been 10 minutes. The blue bar doesn't seem to be moving. It gave me a nice download time countdown, now it feels like Microsoft "minutes"

• @realdawei said:
    stage manager has been a delight for me on iPad….using it every day on the betas with GB and my go to AUV3’s. (However I don’t use AudioKit apps at the moment and I believe there’s an issue with these that’s currently getting fixed)

Stage manager on MacOS/Ventura though for some reason does not resonate with me. but on iPad it’s fantabulous.

What size/model is your iPad? And has it changed your workflow/efficiency at all?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@realdawei said:
    stage manager has been a delight for me on iPad….using it every day on the betas with GB and my go to AUV3’s. (However I don’t use AudioKit apps at the moment and I believe there’s an issue with these that’s currently getting fixed)

What size/model is your iPad? And has it changed your workflow/efficiency at all?

iPad Pro M1 11inch. Hasn’t changed music making workflow, but I use my iPad Pro for much more than that. MS Teams messaging, RDP to cloud hosted Windows desktop, Safari to AWS, Video editing, movie watching oh yea making beats in GB too while out eating breakfast

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don’t see much use in multitask windows for music at the moment. There’s hardly any drag and drop from files app to music apps or auv3, much less between apps, let’s not forget the “sandbox” concept is still widely present. I guess it’s useful for those using the iPad with a mouse and keyboard, definately not my case, no mouse and no keyboard are the main reason I use the iPad. I can’t see any benefit of building a laptop out of an iPad with accessories when you can just get a laptop.

• edited October 2022

Seems much smoother on my Air 4.. even iBassis/Futuredrummer (IAA) opens up in AUM on the go.. never did that before..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Quite the feature list in terms of quantity if not quality - https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-16/features/

I'm sure any minor gains in productivity or pleasure will be outweighed by the pita of getting familiar with all the new features, except for the nerdiest among us. I'm definitely passing for now

• edited October 2022

No Stage Manager on an iPad Air from 2019! :open_mouth:
    Now, I have a newer (M1) too, but still, they couldn't known that ;) I will install 16 a bit later on the newer one, thought I try a bit with this one first, hence the disappointment with no S.M. Good to read that audio apps seem to work fine and some even better (IAA start). I usually never wait with updates.

• @ehehehe said:

@mjm1138 said:

@david_2017 said:

iPadOS 16.1 is a good candidate for waiting a couple point releases before you adopt it if you're doing important work on your iPad.

This is generally sound advice every time a big release is out!

Very true. iOS 15 didn’t seem like a big deal but it wasn’t a big feature release. iOS 16 feels significant. I do look forward to what might happen with driverkit. Will we see Thunderbolt audio interfaces working in iOS? Lower latency? One can dream.

• Installed on my M1 11' and wanted to test Stage Manager with GeoShred. First music app I try and the very first thing that happens is that there's a load error for Trumpet. Played with it yesterday without issue so this must be 16. I'll report it to forte (or what the dev is called .. ), Very strange as I do say what I say two posts up.

• edited October 2022

I can see stage manager having some uses but it does feel a bit amateurish at present and not all apps will resize with the handles x and y!

I Tried Tonality and Gridinstrument work fine but slide over or split screen just seems to fit the screen better on 11inch pro M1. Klimper was a no go. AUM ok. Haven’t tried portrait yet I heard it’s a no go.

• edited October 2022

As a side note ! Ableton Note sizes well x and y so here’s hoping it gets midi in and out capability soon.

Also drag and drop from files apps works that apps that are capable of that, just tried Koala. Yes I know it’s not new. Nice to see the files app full structure now.