Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aranjuez

edited October 2022 in Creations

Joaquin Rodrigo wrote Concerto de Aranjuez in Paris, 1939. Most of us know it from Sketches of Spain wherein Miles was inspired by Iberian music. @McD was discussing spontaneous creation on another thread. It might surprise him to learn that Rodrigo delivered this fantastic theme in a single stroke of insight…

“I also remember -I don't know why but everything related to Concierto de Aranjuez has stayed in my memory-, that one morning several months later, standing in my small studio on Rue Saint Jacques in the heart of the Latin Quarter, vaguely thinking about the concerto, which had become a fond idea given how difficult I judged it to be, when I heard a voice inside me singing the entire theme of the Adagio at one go, without hesitation. And immediatly afterwards, without a break, the theme of the third movement. I realized quickly that the work was done. Our intuition does not deceive us in these things...

If the Adagio and the Allegro were born of an irresistible and supernatural inspiration, I arrived at the first movement after some thought, calculation and determination. That was the last movement I composed; I finished the work where I should have started it.”
Joaquín Rodrigo, 1939

My humble homage uses Ravenscroft 275, BASSalicious and NOISE.

Comments

• @LinearLineman
    Lovely piano to start the homage to Joaquin!
    Great intuition on this recording.
    I love it!!!
    You are truly a gifted musician and artist!!!
    Rerspectfully,
    Rene

• This music opened my mind to Miles at 15. A lot of credit must go to Gil Evans for the arrangements. It convinced me that this was the main thread of serious American music.

Nice tribute Mike.

• For those who have not had the pleasure… is this jazz?

And the original Guitar concerto version of the 2nd Movement - That opening instrument is an English Horn - like an Oboe on Double Reed Growth Hormones. The bassoon is the next double reed in size.

• Miles went deep into modal music around this time… I’d have to study the discography to see if he went modal before or after this recording session.

The mode used for this Spanish style melody is “A Dorian”… doodle up and down that scale over A minor and G Major and you’ll really enjoy going Modal.

Maybe Mike will do a tribute to Phrygian tune someday. Most Spanish Flamenco music mines that mode. E minor and F major and you’ll hear it right away.

• edited October 2022

@McD said:
    Miles went deep into modal music around this time… I’d have to study the discography to see if he went modal before or after this recording session.

The mode used for this Spanish style melody is “A Dorian”… doodle up and down that scale over A minor and G Major and you’ll really enjoy going Modal.

Maybe Mike will do a tribute to Phrygian tune someday. Most Spanish Flamenco music mines that mode. E minor and F major and you’ll hear it right away.

I guess Miles started his modal exploration a bit before. If I am not wrong, Sketches of Spain was released one or two years after Kind Of Blue.

It is a very beautiful hommage, Mike. Really love what you did here. And not surprising that you're also in a Ennio Morricone phase. I am sure he borrowed some of his imagery and vocabulary from Spanish music in general and Concierto de Aranjuez in particular.

• Thanks @McD. Sounds like jazz to me. And thank you @ReneAsologuitar and @JanKun