Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Improvisation Number 2

My second live piano improvisation using Pure Piano. This time with a single take recording (and a tiny bit of midi editing to remove a couple of mis-hit notes).
Video clips from Pixabay.

Comments

• This is a beautiful piece, and a great improvisation.

• Very nice. Good background music for nature scenes.

• @JanKun said:
    This is a beautiful piece, and a great improvisation.

@Dav said:
    Very nice. Good background music for nature scenes.

Thank you for listening :)

• @AlterEgo_UK Very very nice piece there Colin👍

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @AlterEgo_UK Very very nice piece there Colin👍

Cheers, Doug - that means a lot! :D

• Lovely piano melody, quite romantic and sentimental.
    The beauty of piano is highlighted, and I love it.
    Thank you for this beauty.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Lovely piano melody, quite romantic and sentimental.
    The beauty of piano is highlighted, and I love it.
    Thank you for this beauty.
    Rene

Thank you so much, @ReneAsologuitar . I am enjoying making these improvs. The piano can be so expressive (as can guitar, of course) but a full length piano only tune is still something new for me.

• edited October 2022

Keep up the good work, Colin. I use midi editing, too. Making a “perfect” improvisation does happen but it’s great to be able to alter a few notes you just wish hadn’t popped out. I also edit the velocities as I go and ride the volume as I mixdown the part. Two shots at creating the right dynamics after the original improv can really help. I look for a wide range of volume contrast in my stuff.

My teacher, Connie Crothers, taught me a great technique to expand my melodic improvisational skills. It transformed my playing. You might have read it, but here is the link….

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27012/how-to-improve-your-keyboard-improvising-100-in-three-weeks

• @LinearLineman said:
    Keep up the good work, Colin. I use midi editing, too. Making a “perfect” improvisation does happen but it’s great to be able to alter a few notes you just wish hadn’t popped out. I also edit the velocities as I go and ride the volume as I mixdown the part. Two shots at creating the right dynamics after the original improv can really help. I look for a wide range of volume contrast in my stuff.

My teacher, Connie Crothers, taught me a great technique to expand my melodic improvisational skills. It transformed my playing. You might have read it, but here is the link….

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27012/how-to-improve-your-keyboard-improvising-100-in-three-weeks

Cheers @LinearLineman . Thanks for the link :)

• Very nice track… looking forward to your next piece… not sure Chris Packham would have been happy with the sound of song birds when a Greater Spotted Woodpecker was hammering the tree though 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Very nice track… looking forward to your next piece… not sure Chris Packham would have been happy with the sound of song birds when a Greater Spotted Woodpecker was hammering the tree though 😊

Cheers, @GeoTony 😀