Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Sock It to Me, Mama” by the Staffpad Tabernacle Choir

McDMcD
edited October 2022 in Creations

I told @jankun I was going to make a “Sah Cah Tu Mi” Latin syllable project in StaffPad using the VOXOS Epic Choir and he seemed to agree the world needs this right now.

Comments

• Nice. You really are killing it with StaffPad.

• Excellent! Good to hear you having fun in these parlous times.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Nice. You really are killing it with StaffPad.

It’s almost killing me with buggy behaviors.

• @McD said:
    I told @jankun I was going to make a “Sah Cah Tu Mi” Latin syllable project in StaffPad using the VOXOS Epic Choir and he seemed to agree the world needs this right now.

+++++++++++++++
    Groovy drums, and the vocal timing is so nice.
    I am enjoying this creation, and I am seriously loving this.
    Exquisite timing exhibition, and I dig this a lot!
    Thanks for this exceptional creation.
    Rene

• As I was visualizing a live Performance of this obscenity, I imagined Nuns twerking
    in a state of religious ecstasy. One of those crazy groups of Sisters that accept the world as it is and not as is was.

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@McD said:

+++++++++++++++
    Groovy drums, and the vocal timing is so nice.
    I am enjoying this creation, and I am seriously loving this.
    Exquisite timing exhibition, and I dig this a lot!
    Thanks for this exceptional creation.
    Rene

Staffpad doesn't have great controls for aligning tracks but it it's way off you can just keep
    trying combinations. Most of the weird rhythmic stuff here is copy notes from some 4/4 bars and pasting them into 5/8+7/8 bars. Since the 4/4 has 8 x 8th notes (that's where they get their name) but 5/8 will only play the first 5 and 7/8 the first 8... well actually, the first 5 or 7 amount of "time". I also through in 3/4.

Now the drummer is an audio track of "Funk Drummer' which just keeps carrying on in 4/4 and starts to get away from the choirs "one". I ended up just chopping out the start of the drummer's track and pasting it in to re-align on a common one.

Then I selected a drum bar with a complex fill and started using that as break beats and a bug in staffpad where it doesn't play out the full bar from stops around the 3 1/2 bet mark with a cool hi-hat open/close bit.

So, StaffPad always involves looking for synergies where you can find them. I also quickly loose patience when it just gets too hard. That's why they are sketches... fixing all the problems or coming up with great stuff for several minutes is too much work. I'll take 30 seconds of "that's pretty cool".

• Thank you McD! I was in grave need of something to lighten the mood and this was the perfect prescription. Not just funny, but clever.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Thank you McD! I was in grave need of something to lighten the mood and this was the perfect prescription. Not just funny, but clever.

Thanks. I’ve listened to it on a variety of speakers and headphones and they each make it seem like a radically different mix.

• @McD I don’t know anything about StaffPad but that track is so much fun.

• LMAO! Great stuff.

• @Schmotown said:
    @McD I don’t know anything about StaffPad but that track is so much fun.

It’s like a DAW where you enter notes with a pencil on staff paper to create a score. It has internal instruments to choose and about 20 extra libraries to purchase like this Choir.

It can also import MIDi and audio files like this excellent Funk Drummer 16 bar loop that I chop up at the end.

• @Paulieworld said:
    LMAO! Great stuff.

I made this bit of fun with you in mind to encourage your progress. I know your standards are very high so you will do the required homework before just throwing out some crap but maybe import a midi project or audio loops and add a few instrument touches to get your foot wet.

Audio and MIDI can be buggy but with effort you can do magical stuff sound wise.

• Halfway through I realised they weren’t singing ‘son of a bitch’… must get some new headphones / ears !

• @GeoTony said:
    Halfway through I realised they weren’t singing ‘son of a bitch’… must get some new headphones / ears !

🤣