Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RRS IVOKS Vintage Synth.

Their effects are good so hoping this will be!

Comments

• FPCFPC
    edited October 2022

Bought. Can't wait to dive in. 1st impressions are good...

• edited October 2022

Must have a fixed sequencer / ARP just to let everyone know unless I’m missing something that’s on the paid version.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Must have a fixed sequencer / ARP just to let everyone know unless I’m missing something

I think that's just so you've got some notes to tweak on the free version... Couldn't even find a keyboard so bought it anyway. Just trying to get AU to show up in Cubasis, reboot etc but then family stuff got in the way :s

• Ooh, finally an app release from the last few weeks that looks truly exciting, curious as hell to check this out.

• edited October 2022

Ok the paid version as a AU turns the ARP off! @Gavinski though this one would be up your street!

• Made a quick demo with 8 instances of the app, no tweaking, just built-in presets (and Drum Computer)

• edited October 2022

Beautiful GUI. Will probably unlock this once I’ve had a play around.

Edit: it’s not making any sound?

• edited October 2022

@gregsmith said:
    Beautiful GUI. Will probably unlock this once I’ve had a play around.

Edit: it’s not making any sound?

@gregsmith
    Try the audio on off button on the right middle. Love the way the name of the synth is well worn !

• Does it work in an effect slot? The free aPolyvoks doesn’t, so you can’t use it to process audio from elsewhere.

• @bygjohn said:
    Does it work in an effect slot? The free aPolyvoks doesn’t, so you can’t use it to process audio from elsewhere.

@bygjohn No not showing.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@bygjohn said:
    Does it work in an effect slot? The free aPolyvoks doesn’t, so you can’t use it to process audio from elsewhere.

@bygjohn No not showing.

Drat. They probably want to push people towards their separate filter app.

• Sounds amazing, and it's only $5.

• @Skyblazer said:
    Sounds amazing, and it's only $5.

Yes beats GSI prices for vintage sounds !

• @bygjohn said:

Ivoks is a synthesizer, so it cannot be used as a processing effect.
    There is a separate effect, a filter block from this synthesizer.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1507649629

• @RedRockSound said:

@bygjohn said:

Yeah, but I seem to remember Hainbach saying the original hardware has an audio input (it’s entirely possible my memory is faulty here). And some synths can process external audio in an effect slot on iOS, eg iVCS3, Animoog, Model 15, MiRack.

Not to worry, as you say, there’s the separate filter app.

• @FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Must have a fixed sequencer / ARP just to let everyone know unless I’m missing something

I think that's just so you've got some notes to tweak on the free version... Couldn't even find a keyboard so bought it anyway. Just trying to get AU to show up in Cubasis, reboot etc but then family stuff got in the way :s

Ivoks is a synthesizer, look for it in the section with instruments. Cubasis has a built-in keyboard (the "Keys" button on the top left).

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Must have a fixed sequencer / ARP just to let everyone know unless I’m missing something that’s on the paid version.

The demo application has a built-in set of notes to demonstrate how the synthesizer works, in demo mode you can switch presets and listen to the sound. AUv3 plugin has a 5 minute demo mode, all features are unlocked. You can restart the plugin and get 5 minutes of demo again and again.

• I’m hosting a giveaway for the Ivoks in our Facebook group later today 😎

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704410769839550/?ref=share

• @bygjohn said:

@RedRockSound said:

@bygjohn said:

Yeah, but I seem to remember Hainbach saying the original hardware has an audio input (it’s entirely possible my memory is faulty here). And some synths can process external audio in an effect slot on iOS, eg iVCS3, Animoog, Model 15, MiRack.

Yes, the original synthesizer has an external input, but we decided to abandon it in favor of a saturator drive.

• FPCFPC
    edited October 2022

@RedRockSound said:

@FPC said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Ivoks is a synthesizer, look for it in the section with instruments. Cubasis has a built-in keyboard (the "Keys" button on the top left).

Ummm thanks I'm well aware it's a synth (I've got around 70 of the things) - au wasn't showing up until I rebooted my iPad :)
    Jamming away happily inside Cubasis now. It sounds wonderfully narsty and aggressive.

• Yes! Polivoks = instabuy.

• @bygjohn said:

@RedRockSound said:

@bygjohn said:

Yes..THIS is the way 😎

• I just love apps that drop out of nowhere with no hype or tedious build-up <3
    Especially when they're as good as this gnarly beast. Great value too!

• Been waiting for a long time for an iOS version of the Polivoks. Instabuy and it sounds massive. Thank you Red Rock Sound!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The Polivoks (also occasionally referred to as the Polyvox; Russian: Поливокс) is a duophonic, analog synthesizer manufactured and marketed in the Soviet Union between 1982 and 1990. It is arguably the most popular and well-known Soviet synthesizer in the West, likely due to the uniqueness of both its appearance and sound.

The Polivoks was designed at the Urals Vector plant, but actual production was handled at the Formanta Radio Factory in Kachkanar, Russian SFSR.[1] It was intended to appear and sound similar to American and Japanese synthesizers from companies such as Roland, Moog, and Korg. The Polivoks was engineered by circuit designer Vladimir Kuzmin with the appearance of the instrument influenced by his wife Olimpiada,[2] who took inspiration from the design of Soviet military radios. Its retail price upon release was 920 roubles and over its lifetime around 100,000 Polivoks were manufactured - sometimes with a production rate of up to 1,000 units a month.[3] But accordingly to information shared by Vladimir Kuzmin only 200-300 Polvokses were produced per month.[4] It means that total number cannot be more than 32000.

The Polivoks has some features that are either unusual or uncommon on most analog mono synthesizers including a filter that can be switched from low pass to bandpass and two envelopes that can be looped over the AD sections.[5]

Due to its unique history and relative rarity, the Polivoks has become popular as much for its unique sounds as for its aesthetics. It is often used by bands who take inspiration from the Soviet chic movement, as well as the ostalgie phenomenon in the former East Germany.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• I would like a polyphonic version. I will never understand software mono synths

• @cokomairena said:
    I would like a polyphonic version. I will never understand software mono synths

Is this not polyphonic? If not, 100% agree that there shouldn't a limitation here.

• Oooh, now this is what I’m talkin about. Can’t wait to chain em up and play 8-note poly via polythemus. Great sound to it

• @Skyblazer said:
    Sounds amazing, and it's only $5.

Dam only $5. I’m gonna try this one out today…