Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I do wonder if the EQ is the same as his 6144 app?
    Does the output-stage have a limiter?
    Is the app universal?

I'll check the desktop version for more clues...

• When it comes, that'll be an instabuy for me. 🙂

• The desktop version feels a lot easier on the eyes than the bright red knobs of the AUv3 but we'll see maybe it will be adjusted a bit before it hits the AppStore :sunglasses:

• edited October 2022

@Samu said:
    I do wonder if the EQ is the same as his 6144 app?
    Does the output-stage have a limiter?
    Is the app universal?

I'll check the desktop version for more clues...

The EQ does look very similar to 6144. Oversampling may be a new bonus feature. Edit: This description confirms the 6144 basis for the EQ.

The output stage has an Overload (OL) light. Hard to say if it limits just from that, though.

• @uncledave said:

The EQ does look very similar to 6144. Oversampling may be a new bonus feature.

The output stage has an Overload (OL) light. Hard to say if it limits just from that, though.

It's a iOS port of this...
    https://ddmf.eu/thestrip-channel-strip-plugin/
    6-band EQ section (based on the 6144 EQ)

• @Samu said:
    The desktop version feels a lot easier on the eyes than the bright red knobs of the AUv3 but we'll see maybe it will be adjusted a bit before it hits the AppStore :sunglasses:

Agreed! I hope they go back to that style!

@Samu said:

@uncledave said:

The EQ does look very similar to 6144. Oversampling may be a new bonus feature.

It's a iOS port of this...
    https://ddmf.eu/thestrip-channel-strip-plugin/
    6-band EQ section (based on the 6144 EQ)

Neve indeed! Can’t go wrong there!

• edited October 2022

****Agreed, I like the actual channel strip vertical look much more than the tablet app look.

@Samu

Shame about no limiter. Is there a really low latency simple limiter/brickwall out there that I can just throw on at the end of an AUM chain for jamming. I get so tired of having to find the culprit app(s) and reducing gain

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

@oat_phipps said:
    Shame about no limiter. Is there a really low latency simple limiter/brickwall out there that I can just throw on at the end of an AUM chain for jamming. I get so tired of having to find the culprit app(s) and reducing gain

What about the one built-in to AUM?

• @wim said:

@oat_phipps said:

What about the one built-in to AUM?

Wooooow. I never even thought to check. I never use those tools. Thanks a ton!

• @oat_phipps said:
    ****Agreed, I like the actual channel strip vertical look much more than the tablet app look.

@Samu

I use DDMF NoLimits for this very purpose all the time and find it more than adequate.

• not to hijack the thread, but it is relevant... if you are seeking something similar on desktop, and its free, and it sounds really good, check out "Channev" from Analog Obsession...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/channev-52960238

• MagicVerb is the only app I have from them (so far) and I absolutely love it. Will definitely keep an eye on this one.

• @oddSTAR said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Samu

I use DDMF NoLimits for this very purpose all the time and find it more than adequate.

Man I forgot about NoLimits. I've been hoping they'd port NoLimits2 over to iOS. No such luck yet, but the original NoLimits paired with YouLean's loudness meter is a great combo.

• Anyways, if you have this on desktop, what's the compressor like? Does it colour the sound and give it its own character, like is the compressor a "gamechangier", or is it "yet another compressor"? 😂🤣

• I love No Limits. Use it all the time. Works really good for me.

• @Morgman73 said:
    I love No Limits. Use it all the time. Works really good for me.

FabFilter Pro-L2 sometimes gives a slightly distorted but punchy finish. Barricade gives a smooth finish. After playing with NoLimits, it gives a smooth finish but retains the punch as well. I think I found my new
    mastering limiter.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Ya, I’ve messed with most limiters also and I always end up back to NoLimits. It just seems to work well for me.

• How would you guys compare DDMF NoLimits to FAC Maxima?

• I took the desktop demo for a spin and what can I say...
    ...I will be getting this for my iPad when it drops :sunglasses:

• I’m interested in a general purpose channel insert. Haven’t seen mush follow-up on The Strip and it’s currently on sale… I know the EQ is good, based on the 61444. Nice eq, gate, compression… What’s the compression like?. Does it color the sound in any way?. I know I could use MixBox but I have this TOC thing where I don’t like to use “big” plugins for small stuff. It does look ugly, but…

• @tahiche said:
    I’m interested in a general purpose channel insert. Haven’t seen mush follow-up on The Strip and it’s currently on sale… I know the EQ is good, based on the 61444. Nice eq, gate, compression… What’s the compression like?. Does it color the sound in any way?. I know I could use MixBox but I have this TOC thing where I don’t like to use “big” plugins for small stuff. It does look ugly, but…

I use Korvpressor for general bus compression duties and if for whatever reason I need something different ChStrip is a good and light one stop shop. Get the DDMF EQ 6144 if you don't have it and/or don't get the channel strip.