Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Graindad Desktop App from Sugarbytes.

edited October 2022 in Other

Comments

• If this drops on iOS, I may dive back into live Ambient for a piece or two! Sure I have Bleass Granulizer I have played with. Graindad looks like that but on steroids. 😲

• Oh gods. Yes please.

• I'd buy it just to give them more money to make trailers like that, but thankfully this also looks freaking awesome.

• There’s some lengthy tutorial video available on the SB product page: https://sugar-bytes.de/graindad

• No mention of iOS on product page, so might not be ready or not being ported yet. There's usually gap between desktop and iOS for them.

• @auxmux said:
    No mention of iOS on product page, so might not be ready or not being ported yet. There's usually gap between desktop and iOS for them.

:(

• Can’t wait. Usually a bit of time between it coming from desktop to iOS but I’m sure it’ll be here soon? Cool.

• @auxmux said:
    No mention of iOS on product page, so might not be ready or not being ported yet. There's usually gap between desktop and iOS for them.

I asked on Twitter. Will update if I hear anything.

• The promo video shows it on an ipad-like screen so hopefully that's intentional :)

• @Carnbot said:
    The promo video shows it on an ipad-like screen so hopefully that's intentional :)

It looks a bit like Aparillo, and in fact they said 'The Harvester' section idea was taken from that one, so it looks like UI-wise it might be possible.

• @monz0id said:

@Carnbot said:
    The promo video shows it on an ipad-like screen so hopefully that's intentional :)

It looks a bit like Aparillo, and in fact they said 'The Harvester' section idea was taken from that one, so it looks like UI-wise it might be possible.

Yeah I really hope they port this one, looks like the UI isn't very fiddly so fingers crossed, I think these tape style manglers work really well on ipads :)

• @Carnbot said:

@monz0id said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah I really hope they port this one, looks like the UI isn't very fiddly so fingers crossed, I think these tape style manglers work really well on ipads :)

It sounds amazing - I'd grab it on iOS in a heartbeat - wouldn't say no to the desktop version either!

• Hi guys,
    Love all SugarBytes stuff, will definitely get this if it gets the iOS treatment..😺🎛🌈🎸💞🎧

• Didn’t they say nest would come to iOS? Still waiting :(

• @muzka said:
    Didn’t they say nest would come to iOS? Still waiting :(

I think I saw that they had decided against it

• @Grandbear said:

@muzka said:
    Didn’t they say nest would come to iOS? Still waiting :(

I think I saw that they had decided against it

Yeah, think it’s been ruled out for iOS.

• That’s a shame

• edited October 2022

I still don't understand the title of this post. Our buy? If it drops? What is happening here? (Grateful for the tantalizing heads up, @Jumpercollins!)

• I don't hear anything in that demo we can't already do on ios. Try one of the MI Clouds ports, or Borderlands, or Spacecraft. They are all very good.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I don't hear anything in that demo we can't already do on ios. Try one of the MI Clouds ports, or Borderlands, or Spacecraft. They are all very good.

Step-sequenced modulation linked to transient detection? The control options on this, to me, are what set it apart from the already-available choices.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @hpc said:
    .Borderlands is only for samples and stuck as an IAA.

Borderlands can process live audio as an IAA audio effect.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @hpc said:

@craftycurate said:

@hpc said:
    .Borderlands is only for samples and stuck as an IAA.

Borderlands can process live audio as an IAA audio effect.

TIL, thanks. Will edit.

No worries - it's an excellent effect, well worth trying out if you have it.

• @celtic_elk said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I don't hear anything in that demo we can't already do on ios. Try one of the MI Clouds ports, or Borderlands, or Spacecraft. They are all very good.

Step-sequenced modulation linked to transient detection? The control options on this, to me, are what set it apart from the already-available choices.

Pretty sure you can sequence the Clouds ports. I don't fully understand the transient detection part, but I'm guessing FAC Envolver could be used.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@celtic_elk said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Pretty sure you can sequence the Clouds ports. I don't fully understand the transient detection part, but I'm guessing FAC Envolver could be used.

The 90-min(!) walkthrough is pretty complete (except for the Harvester, which gets a separate 30-min video). Timestamps in the video description.