Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• "Regions affected are Chile, Egypt, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Poland, South Korea, Sweden, Vietnam, and every territory that uses the euro as its currency – which includes France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Spain.

There are no details as to why Apple will increase App Store prices in these countries, but this is probably related to the exchange rate of local currencies dropping against the dollar. For instance, the euro has now reached parity with the dollar, something that has never happened in the last 20 years. Apple products have also become more expensive in Europe for the same reason."

https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/19/app-store-raise-prices-multiple-countries-next-month/

• Taxes for the extremely wealthy down, prices up for everyone, seems quite fair :#

• edited September 2022

Interesting that neither the US nor Brexit Britain are on the list. Have we finally found the needle in the haystack, a single brexit benefit? Or is this an act of pity with a country whose economy is about to get the coup de grace ?

• @catherder said:
    Interesting that neither the US nor Brexit Britain are on the list. Have we finally found the needle in the haystack, a single brexit benefit? Or is this an act of pity with a country whose economy is about to get the coup de grace ?

I think it’s been bled over decade now.

• edited September 2022

I think saving a few pennies on an app (only by comparison with rises elsewhere in the world) will take a looooooooong time to counterbalance the vast increases in shipping and duty if plucky little Englanders like me dare to attempt to buy hardware from them damn forriners over there in that there Yoorop. Still: blue passports, eh? White cliffs, Vera Lynn, Spitfires etc… oh yes,

Brexit was totally not the shooting yourself in the feet and face, pouring petrol over yourself, setting yourself alight, then beating the flames out with your own bloody stumps that an uninvolved intelligent observer (the rest of the world) might at first assume it was… and if you say otherwise, you must be one of those traitorous, unpatriotic forriners…

• @knewspeak said:
    Taxes for the extremely wealthy down, prices up for everyone, seems quite fair :#

At least in the US, the very wealthy already pay the lion's share of taxes and about 1/2 of the citizenry pays no Federal taxes, which is not at all equitable. I support eliminating the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), eliminating the income tax and implementing the "FairTax", which would ensure that everyone pays their so-called "fair share".

• @knewspeak said:

@catherder said:

I think it’s been bled over decade now.

To be exact: 12 years (of Tory governments)

• Doesn’t affect me, thanks to being on the AB forum, I’ve bought all the music apps already 😁

• @GrimLucky said:
    Doesn’t affect me, thanks to being on the AB forum, I’ve bought all the music apps already 😁

That's the thing about music apps... there's always something new and interesting coming out. ;)

• @NeuM said:

@knewspeak said:
    Taxes for the extremely wealthy down, prices up for everyone, seems quite fair :#

At least in the US, the very wealthy already pay the lion's share of taxes and about 1/2 of the citizenry pays no Federal taxes, which is not at all equitable. I support eliminating the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), eliminating the income tax and implementing the "FairTax", which would ensure that everyone pays their so-called "fair share".

As long as everyone get’s a fair share in the first place.

• @Svetlovska said:
    I think saving a few pennies on an app (only by comparison with rises elsewhere in the world) will take a looooooooong time to counterbalance the vast increases in shipping and duty if plucky little Englanders like me dare to attempt to buy hardware from them damn forriners over there in that there Yoorop. Still: blue passports, eh? White cliffs, Vera Lynn, Spitfires etc… oh yes,

Brexit was totally not the shooting yourself in the feet and face, pouring petrol over yourself, setting yourself alight, then beating the flames out with your own bloody stumps that an uninvolved intelligent observer (the rest of the world) might at first assume it was… and if you say otherwise, you must be one of those traitorous, unpatriotic forriners…

I imagine they’re waiting to see where the flaming wreck of the pound lands, I wish I was smart and callous (and rich) enough to short the damn thing 😅

• @Svetlovska said:

No, I’m very patriotic - I live in Scotland 😉

• 1986-2022 anything really changed.

• @Svetlovska said:

Always amuses me when Brexiters bring up that chestnut. I didn’t realise lying to the Queen to illegally prorogue parliament in an attempt to bypass the diplomatic process, force a catastrophic ‘deal’ onto the public which decimates the economy, environment, and rips up hard-won human rights and other protections, was something actual patriots would do.

It’s almost as if we’re governed by a bunch of criminals.

• Thankfully I've cured my app-o-holism to a degree where it's manageable...
    I already have apps on my iPad & iPhone that cover >75% of what I do with it.
    The remaining 25% I do on the desktop.

So yeah, this will just hit the Appstore harder as people will be more selective on what they spend their money on...

• @Samu said:
    Thankfully I've cured my app-o-holism to a degree where it's manageable...
    I already have apps on my iPad & iPhone that cover >75% of what I do with it.
    The remaining 25% I do on the desktop.

So yeah, this will just hit the Appstore harder as people will be more selective on what they spend their money on...

Same here, but probably shared 33% between iOS, desktop and hardware, but for anyone starting it’s sickening, given other costs rising.

• @knewspeak said:

Same here, but probably shared 33% between iOS, desktop and hardware, but for anyone starting it’s sickening, given other costs rising.

Yeah, and I'm kinda happy I got the 11" M1 iPadPro before the 'price hike' on hardware.
    But sadly it's not just the apps and hardware that is getting hiked up in price, it's 'everything' else too...

• @Samu said:

@knewspeak said:

Yeah, and I'm kinda happy I got the 11" M1 iPadPro before the 'price hike' on hardware.
    But sadly it's not just the apps and hardware that is getting hiked up in price, it's 'everything' else too...

Yes, with that tough choices, which means a slow-down in some sectors, which lead’s to other knock on effects. Not a rosey picture I fear.

• @Krupa said:

@Svetlovska said:

I imagine they’re waiting to see where the flaming wreck of the pound lands, I wish I was smart and callous (and rich) enough to short the damn thing 😅

Although I just realised that getting €400 out of the cash machine last weekend rather than my usual €250 was my own slightly pathetically minor version of shorting 😂

• we are not really sure how we get through the winter and pay rent, energy cost and fill the fridge and apple is like,... yeah lets increase the price on apps.

wow, that's what they call a d***move isn't it?

• I bought all the apps I need and a whole lot more about 5 years ago

For example, I once bought Auria, then instead of upgrading to Auria Pro, I just bought Auria Pro all over again.

• @david_2017 said:
    we are not really sure how we get through the winter and pay rent, energy cost and fill the fridge and apple is like,... yeah lets increase the price on apps.

wow, that's what they call a d***move isn't it?

We live in uncertain and worrying time’s, it shows how fragile thing’s really are.

• I saw Australia dodged this increase, but to be fair I think we've been paying an extra "Apple Tax" here all along for apps and hardware. They used a currency exchange rate ac couple of years ago as an excuse to put everything up a few dollars and when the currencies readjusted over the years they didn't adjust it the other way. So it's nice to see a few other countries getting the opportunity to catch up.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Time to learn what you have !

But I already did. 🤣 Guess the next step is to use what I have. 🤣

• If only they had waited for Black Friday before unleashing that crap on us.

• Uh oh, time redistribute wealth…. All the way up to the 1%.

• @NeuM said:

@knewspeak said:

This is a gross misrepresentation of the reality. The income and wealth distribution in the U.S. is exceedingly skewed. For instance 50% if the stock market is owned by those at the top 1% of income.

Those at the bottom who pay no income taxes … are doing so because they live below the poverty line.

The very wealthy generally pay a much smaller percent of their total income as taxes as the rest of us. The total amount may seem large but as a percentage of their income it is often shockingly low.

Here is an article that walls through some of the relevant facts.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/fact-check-richest-1-dont-pay-40-of-the-taxes.html

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@knewspeak said:

This is a gross misrepresentation of the reality. The income and wealth distribution in the U.S. is exceedingly skewed. For instance 50% if the stock market is owned by those at the top 1% of income.

Those at the bottom who pay no income taxes … are doing so because they live below the poverty line.

The very wealthy generally pay a much smaller percent of their total income as taxes as the rest of us. The total amount may seem large but as a percentage of their income it is often shockingly low.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/fact-check-richest-1-dont-pay-40-of-the-taxes.html

I'm not going to get involved in a debate over taxes. This isn't the forum for that. Just read/watch these several videos: https://www.fairtax.org/about/how-fairtax-works

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@knewspeak said:

I presume they pay taxes on goods varying by state?