Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lyricist - IOS GarageBand

Hi

Is there a way to get it to record into GB directly ?

I’ve added it in an an audio unit extension, set host sync in lyricist, but when I press record although it plays my lyric, it doesn’t record in GB

If it isn’t possible, is there another way ?

Thanks

Comments

• well I think i've worked it out myself - you don't record the output of Lyricist, it' just plays as part of your track and also exports when you "share" your mixed down version. Looks odd though have thing a track with no dots/blocks/wav sections on it though :)

My initial thought was to share from lyricist into Audio share, then bring the WAV back into GB - but it's working as it is.

There are few things in Lyricist that aren't quite right. Sometimes the tempo button "-" sign doesn't work, so you have to go from 50 back to 1 and up again. Also, the copy/paste doesn't take the chords/temp you used in the "copied" version. Apart from that I think it's a great little package and will give me inspiration towards using my own voice eventually.

New track is coming along well - very synthy and retro JMJ :)