Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB compatible water sound apps?

Hey guys,

I need an app for an ambient track I'm working on....I need some water sounds....rain mostly but I could work with something else. Anything out there suitable that's compatible with AB for recording?

Thanks!

Comments

• Best thing I would suggest is join something like SampleSwap, all there billions of samples are free and nearly all Creative Commons, and the great thing is you can do it all from the comfort of your iPad, just pick your samples, they mail them to you as a zip, then just use the "Open In" function, I put the zip into AudioShare unzip there, obviously once its in Audioshare you can get it anywhere you like, you could also use GoodReader to unzip too. Here is the link
    http://sampleswap.org/index.php

• There is a very sneaky way I discovered to get water sounds, (or indeed any other) into cubasis or similar. Here's what you do. You first need a digital in type audio device ( such as Irig Pro), next you use a sound effects app (such as RainRain) set the App playing the sound effect. Nextcomes the clever bit! Take a lead from the analogue headphone out, and feed it into to Irig pro in. Set cubasis recording, and re-start the sound effect app. You should get a recording of what is coming out of the headphones. You won't be able to hear it though,unless you use a mixer. Tip.keep volume level low. This works, trust me.

• edited July 2014

Gee, sample packs

Go with the device into the bathroom and record sounds from the shower, water dripping into the sink, whatever ...
    Don't need to install nonsense and u'll end up with sounds no one else has.
    Why not take loopy or Hokusai? Hokusai isn't ab c. but u can't go wrong an audio editor ...

• Been about 7 months since we had a thunderstorm here. Still, I'll go outside and wait around.

• Thunder sounds like rain where you live? scnr

• Appreciate it; all viable options. Thanks!

• @lala said:

Gee, sample packs

Go with the device into the bathroom and record sounds from the shower, water dripping into the sink, whatever ...
    Don't need to install nonsense and u'll end up with sounds no one else has.
    Why not take loopy or Hokusai? Hokusai isn't ab c. but u can't go wrong an audio editor ...

Haha, it was exactly what I was gonna suggest. Water samples must be the easiest stuff to obtain unless you live in the Sahara.

• lol, we can always agree on things, we must have similar working methods :)

• @lala said:

lol, we can always agree on things, we must have similar working methods :)

I just think that the more one uses ready samples the less original/organic the result is. I think bypassing the part where somebody actually SAMPLES the original sound is taking out one of the most enjoyable parts in the process. I don't know the figures but I have an impression that a vast majority of people with samplers don't actually sample from records. I find this very strange but I understand that it ties in with people expecting easy outcomes out of the box. Each to their own.

• edited July 2014

I don't know, I always start with doing a sound and that sound leads to some kind of musical idea.
    To me that's where all the fun is in electronic music.
    If I start with a sample or preset from someone else I spend more time with obscuring its origin then it would have taken me to start with something original in the first place, so I rarely do that.

• You could also look for soundfonts with rain and use an app that can play them. There are several midi apps that would be good for generating ambient midi messages which could then be fed to your soundfont player. If there was a soundfont editor for iOS you could record your own sounds and load them into your own soundfont. There are soundfont editors for the various PC based operating systems. These soundfonts could then be imported onto your iOS device.

• I like the "sample it yourself" advice. You could always try synthesizing rain too - as it is a fairly granular noise, something like Sylo or Grain Science would be good apps to try.

• This is good advice as well. I found some good samples last night, and then found that AudioShare has a recording option. I'll use both and see what kind of sounds I can make myself and see which works best.

Appreciated guys.

S