Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drumdrops and audiolayer

What Drumdrops sample packs work with audiolayer? I’m talking about the round robin Sfz files that come with some of Drumdrops packs.
I’m having a hard time getting the funk pack to work sometimes it does other times it crashes the app and it will not reopen now matter what I do. Strange thing is when the app refuses to open the auv3 still works, wtf.
I have to keep deleting app and reinstall it to get it to function again.

If the Drumdrop libraries work how are you guys loading them into audiolayer?

Comments

• The sfz file should.

I’m totally blanking on the process right now but I know it’s in this forum, I’ve seen it.

There’s a few threads that should help you.

Both of these have comments that specifically mention drum drops as well.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49585/audiolayer-1-6-0/p6

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38967/does-audiolayer-do-velocity-layers-for-multisampled-instruments/p2

There are a few more, just use the search bar at the top, I typed in Audiolayer SFZ, and check dates to get the most recent info. Cheers!

• edited August 2022

Bottom of page 3 in this thread Harry aka @VirSyn explains an import process

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49087/audiolayer-exs24-import/p3

• @Jmd8928 said:
    What Drumdrops sample packs work with audiolayer? I’m talking about the round robin Sfz files that come with some of Drumdrops packs.
    I’m having a hard time getting the funk pack to work sometimes it does other times it crashes the app and it will not reopen now matter what I do. Strange thing is when the app refuses to open the auv3 still works, wtf.

btw, what device re you running on?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

btw, what device re you running on?

Version of iOS too?

• @Jmd8928 said:

There are two basic ways to import:

1) Import one sfz file
    In this case you must copy the sfz folder of the drumdrops kit into the import folder of AudioLayer ( On My iPad/AudioLayer/import )
    Then open AudioLayer and select "Import" in the Instrument browser. Navigate to the sfz file and start the import.

2) Import all sfz files in folder
    This is much easier and imports all sfz instruments in one folder at once. No need to copy the files.
    Open AudioLayer and select "Batch import" in the Instrument browser. Navigate to the folder containing the sfz files and the samples folder and start the import.

• @VirSyn any chance for multiout assignable to each zones for drumkits?

• Thanks for jumping in @VirSyn

I appreciate the quick and concise clarification. I’m sure @Jmd8928 does too. Cheers.

• If I am not mistaken, you can delete the sfz and samples after import as AudioLayer will have internal copies of the samples.

• @espiegel123 said:
    If I am not mistaken, you can delete the sfz and samples after import as AudioLayer will have internal copies of the samples.

Good to know. I do that with Mozaic scripts from Patchstorage.