Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps I’m wanting

Auria is one of them. Although I do mostly midi, they just seem like they would be so much fun to feel like all the options you could ever wish for.then I also thought of drum perfect pro, perhaps a good combination for ultimate fun??

Comments

• Auria is pretty great at handling audio tracks. Programming MIDI in it may be cumbersome, or it may make perfect sense to you. It all depends on the user. :)

I've not yet purchased Drum Perfect Pro as drum machines haven't really interested me, but the app looks amazing. Who knows what I'll purchase in the future, but atm my appholism is non-existant. That could change tomorrow or not, depending, lol.

• @jdolecek49 said:
    Auria is one of them. Although I do mostly midi, they just seem like they would be so much fun to feel like all the options you could ever wish for.then I also thought of drum perfect pro, perhaps a good combination for ultimate fun??

Drum Perfect Pro is a great app but a lot of people find that it isn't intuitive for them. It definitely is an app that you need to be willing to i vest time in.

Auria Pro is great for mixing audio and has very flexible busing. There is a learning curve and it seems to be strictly in maintenance mode. The developer seems to have lost interest in the app (probably it doesn't generate enough revenue for him to spend much time on). For some people, it also isn't stable.

• Yes, I fully agree with you. I use it myself and I can confidently recommend it to you.

• I can’t recommend doing a little YouTube research enough. To see the apps in action, hear them, etc.. is invaluable. Also looking up the manual on the developers site can provide some insight.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I can’t recommend doing a little YouTube research enough. To see the apps in action, hear them, etc.. is invaluable. Also looking up the manual on the developers site can provide some insight.

yes. this. is. something. i need to do!! ugh i really want to wrap my head around drambo and loopy pro and so many different synths and FX apps.. but my adhd is so bad when i goto make music i basically have to turn my phone off and put it away and turn the internet on my ipad off or i will get distracted. like i am now. and i have such a busy schedule its hard for me to find time to sit and learn for an hour when i could be working (ive been committed to this project a friend of mine has paid me for (producing beats for his vocals and mix his vocals in and basically help him make an album. he gave me over like 300-500 dollars just for me to use to buy a new mic and audio interface and stuff (that i get to keep btw) and even still our royalties will be split down the middle after distribution, and hes already pretty well known locally and in some other circles so.. should be fun will be the first thing ive ever released for money, and i still need to figure out how to copyright and license and sell licenses for beats! so much to do… but it started a while ago and we need to wrap it up already, super busy schedule so i dont have time to learn the apps i really want to learn that i think would probably even help… kinda sucks, but maybe soon if i plow through this project

• edited August 2022

@pr4y_4_beats That sounds like a really cool opportunity. I wish you the best of luck. When it comes out be sure to share it.

Yea I definitely hear where you are coming from… I find it helpful to try to take things one at a time, step by step, if possible.

The only constant is change. I didn’t invent that, but it is no doubt, truth.

• edited August 2022

Just noticed Ryo Togawa just released his polyphonic synth for iOS and macOS, VAPoly. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vapoly/id1630490210

• Not sure what I want right now, as I have plenty of apps. I would buy something really original if it came along, but I really don’t need any more synths or drum machines.

I’ve got about $150 in credit on the App Store, and have mostly been thinking of buying books with it.

• @michael_m said:
    Not sure what I want right now, as I have plenty of apps. I would buy something really original if it came along, but I really don’t need any more synths or drum machines.

I’ve got about $150 in credit on the App Store, and have mostly been thinking of buying books with it.

No need to rush if you don’t see something you I really want or need.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@michael_m said:
    Not sure what I want right now, as I have plenty of apps. I would buy something really original if it came along, but I really don’t need any more synths or drum machines.

NOW you tell me! 😂

• I’m a simple man. I want the koala chocolate fx update, I’d be happy to pay for it. Otherwise I’m good.

• I really really want: AFFINITY PUBLISHER FOR IPAD!

Yeah, OT, but, we have been waiting for several years now for Serif Labs to release this great software…

• Logic for iPad and no, I'm not joking...
    (I'd more than happy with the stock plug-ins and factory content).

• @Samu said:
    Logic for iPad and no, I'm not joking...

Ow yes! The Logic remote is nice though.

• edited August 2022

Only thing from desktop world which would really blow my mind would be full blown REASON for iOS. But that's not going to happen anytime in next 25 years so.. just dreams ..

@Samu said:
    Logic for iPad and no, I'm not joking...

Funny when you talking about Logic for iPad - Just bought Macbook AIR M1 and only for fun installed (after many years not using it) Logic again .. and i realised... It's perfect.. Probably will for some time completely abandon iOS platform.. I haven't had motivation to work with daw on comuter with my older Macbook Pros - they were too big, loud, got quickly warm, battery hold just 2-3 hours max ..

But this AIR M1 is COMPLETELY different story. It is light, battery holds tremendous amount of time, has no fans at all - so completely quiet, it boots super fast, it super fast sleep/wake up from sleep.. except of touch screen (which can be at bit extend substituted by it's big touchpad) it's simply perfect production device .. Just installed miRack - and it's perfect. Endless possibilities.

• @dendy said:

But this AIR M1 is COMPLETELY different story. It is light, battery holds tremendous amount of time, has no fans at all - so completely quiet, it boots super fast, it super fast sleep/wake up from sleep.. except of touch screen (which can be at bit extend substituted by it's big touchpad) it's simply perfect production device .. Just installed miRack - and it's perfect. Endless possibilities.

Indeed...

Many of the nice apps we have on the iPad rely quite heavily on touch and do not translate that well for use with a 'keyboard and mouse' combo. It's like something is lost when you can't 'touch it'.

Apple will likely never release a 'Touch Mac' so the only logical thing to do would be to add a 'touch layer' to Logic and release it for the iPad. I will be surprised and happy the day we finally get it!

One thing I do like is the easy drag'n'drop of files/object between iPad and macOS using Universal Control.

I can drag a sample from the desktop straight into the Flexi-sampler in Drambo or from Drambo's recorder back to the desktop and that works with everything that supports Drag'n'Drop.

And yes I can even drag an audio-event from Logic's time-line straight into Flexi in Drambo on the iPad.

I love 'Touch' too much so even though the M1 Air and M1 iPadPro were at almost at the same price when I got mine I went for the iPad since I already had my i5 MacMini on the desk...

Cheers!
    (The M1 Air is pretty sweet).

• Yes it would be great to have Logic on iPad, I can’t see new independent devs coming along with a ipad DAW any time soon. The DAWS we have get you most of the way there but if you don’t like the workflow or workarounds in some cases it would be nice to have a stable DAW that does Midi and Audio and workflow really well in linear and looping.

Now I got a M1 Pro mind I’m finally seeing the power that’s available.

• @michael_m said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@michael_m said:

NOW you tell me! 😂

Lol.

Well unless a sale or Intro price is coming to an end.