Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VirSyn Teraverse 1.1

Hi all,

a few improvements and bugfixes are ready in Teraverse 1.1.0:

• Midi program change via #nnn in preset name
  • Dimming of background stars
  • Keyboard hide/show iPhone and AU version
  • Set global tuning between 415-450Hz
  • Octave up/down iPhone and AU version
  • Fixed missing parameter display iPhone and AU version
  • Fixed Harmonic major/minor scale

Have fun!

Harry

Comments

• @VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

a few improvements and bugfixes are ready in Teraverse 1.1.0:

• Midi program change via #nnn in preset name
    • Dimming of background stars
    • Keyboard hide/show iPhone and AU version
    • Set global tuning between 415-450Hz
    • Octave up/down iPhone and AU version
    • Fixed missing parameter display iPhone and AU version
    • Fixed Harmonic major/minor scale

Have fun!

Harry

Thanks Harry, great stuff!

• The dimmed stars background is much improved. Thank you!

• Wow, you’re all over it. Thanks!

• I still don't quite get what Teraverse is.

It seems to be some wrapper around Tera Pro, but then it is written that it contains the Tera Pro engine, so you don't need Tera Pro for it.

• @tja said:
    I still don't quite get what Teraverse is.

It seems to be some wrapper around Tera Pro, but then it is written that it contains the Tera Pro engine, so you don't need Tera Pro for it.

My guess is that your description of the app itself is accurate, and that it implies that you get access to the Tera Pro presets when purchasing Teraverse. If you actually have Tera Pro you can also have access to your own patches. I hope I am understanding it correctly too.

• @magnusovi said:

@tja said:

My guess is that your description of the app itself is accurate, and that it implies that you get access to the Tera Pro presets when purchasing Teraverse. If you actually have Tera Pro you can also have access to your own patches. I hope I am understanding it correctly too.

Ah, OK.
    Thanks.

• @tja said:

It’s basically a player for Tera presets. You don’t need Tera Pro to use it. Any mpe capabilities will depend on the presets that you’re using. Some of the presets contain mpe-compatible patches, some not. If you want a synth that is extremely powerful, buy Tera Pro. If you’re a preset person looking for a cheap way to get some great sounds, with some interesting abilities to morph sounds, buy Teraverse.

• @Gavinski said:

@tja said:

It’s basically a player for Tera presets. You don’t need Tera Pro to use it. Any mpe capabilities will depend on the presets that you’re using. Some of the presets contain mpe-compatible patches, some not. If you want a synth that is extremely powerful, buy Tera Pro. If you’re a preset person looking for a cheap way to get some great sounds, with some interesting abilities to morph sounds, buy Teraverse.

I already own Tera Synth and was wondering if there is a reason to get Teraverse too - what you wrote let's me think that I may not need it.

TBH, such things should be written in the App description...

Thanks,

• @tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

Ah, OK.
    Thanks.

No worries. Gavinski explained it much better. To me Teraverse is mostly an FX app for Tera Pro with the added bonus of having the Tera Pro sounds for those who don’t have Tera Pro. I could see other developers making it an IAP but this was actually extremely clever imo.

• tjatja
    edited August 2022

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

Ah, OK.
    Thanks.

No worries. Gavinski explained it much better. To me Teraverse is mostly an FX app for Tera Pro with the added bonus of having the Tera Pro sounds for those who don’t have Tera Pro. I could see other developers making it an IAP but this was actually extremely clever imo.

But you can play the presets already in Tera Synth.

So, do you see any reason to get Teraverse in addition to Tera Synth?

• Hi
    After the update is there anyone having sound problems with AUM and AUV3 Teraverse ??
    (Sound click or not sound at all)
    Thank you !!

• edited August 2022

@dalton34gr said:
    Hi
    After the update is there anyone having sound problems with AUM and AUV3 Teraverse ??
    Thank you !!

Unfortunately update broke sound in AUv3 for some. You can fix it yourself by setting "Pitch standard" in Settings to a sensible value ( is now 0Hz... )

Update is already on the way to AppStore

• @tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

Ah, OK.
    Thanks.

Maybe i wasn't really good in explaining the "One more thing" in Teraverse vs. Tera Pro.

The possibility to morph the parameters of two sounds ( Instead of simply mixing them ) is something really new on the table.
    It opens you the room for all sounds "in Between" the two starting sounds in a way that those sounds make "Sense".

Just put a small video on YouTube to make it a bit more clear:

I'm myself just starting to explore the possibilities and Teraverse will get a kind of experimental platform to see how far this will go.

• Many thanks, @VirSyn !

• I think I’d definitely prefer an option for the morph within the existing app to a completely new one, seems like a recipe for awkward splitting stuff up a bit more - is that likely to become an option @VirSyn ?

• @Krupa said:
    I think I’d definitely prefer an option for the morph within the existing app to a completely new one, seems like a recipe for awkward splitting stuff up a bit more - is that likely to become an option @VirSyn ?

Tera Pro is kind of a super tanker where I try to avoid fast movements. I think this feature is in a evolving state and as soon as its mature it will find it's way in Tera Pro.

• Hi @VirSyn Something is wrong with the AUv3 version for me. Standalone is working ok but the AU version produces little sound in comparision, some presets work better than others with some noises but there is definitely something not right...do you not replicate this?

• @Carnbot said:
    Hi @VirSyn Something is wrong with the AUv3 version for me. Standalone is working ok but the AU version produces little sound in comparision, some presets work better than others with some noises but there is definitely something not right...do you not replicate this?

I emailed him about this yesterday, and he already addressed the issue above. A fix is on its way but in the meantime you can fix it yourself 'by setting "Pitch standard" in Settings to a sensible value ( is now 0Hz... )'

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• @Gavinski said:

@Carnbot said:
    Hi @VirSyn Something is wrong with the AUv3 version for me. Standalone is working ok but the AU version produces little sound in comparision, some presets work better than others with some noises but there is definitely something not right...do you not replicate this?

I emailed him about this yesterday, and he already addressed the issue above. A fix is on its way but in the meantime you can fix it yourself 'by setting "Pitch standard" in Settings to a sensible value ( is now 0Hz... )'

ah thank you :)

• edited August 2022

@VirSyn said:

@Krupa said:
    I think I’d definitely prefer an option for the morph within the existing app to a completely new one, seems like a recipe for awkward splitting stuff up a bit more - is that likely to become an option @VirSyn ?

Tera Pro is kind of a super tanker where I try to avoid fast movements. I think this feature is in a evolving state and as soon as its mature it will find it's way in Tera Pro.

l think what you did was brilliant. Allowing Tera pro owners to have new audio possibilities while also giving non Tera pro owners a taste of Tera pro through teraverse. I see my description of Teraverse as an FX app was lacking, and I am certain that’s because of my lack of knowledge about audio. Nonetheless, I still think that the alternative to what you did, was adding an iap to Tera Pro which would undoubtedly leave non Tera pro owners out of the loop.

@tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

@magnusovi said:

@tja said:

Ah, OK.
    Thanks.

For me, since I own Tera pro, the reason is the one that gavinski pointed out, access to further interesting sounds that are not really available through Tera Pro itself. If I didn’t have Tera pro, my reason would’ve be to access the Tera Pro presets with the added functionality of the combination of sounds that teraverse adds.

• @VirSyn said:

@dalton34gr said:
    Hi
    Thank you !!

Unfortunately update broke sound in AUv3 for some. You can fix it yourself by setting "Pitch standard" in Settings to a sensible value ( is now 0Hz... )

OK, phew. I was worried for a few minutes that i lost my deep deep sounds!

• @VirSyn said:

@Krupa said:

Ha, I can barely imagine what the reality of steering something as epic as this, and that sounds like a smart strategy to be sure… thanks for the answer, and the verse version also has the universal/iPhone option to boot 👍👍

• edited August 2022

I've got no background image since updating anyone else seeing or in my case not seeing it.. well I've just tried adjusting the universe setting a few times and finally the background image appeared, seems a bit flakey, I had to adjust the slider up and down several times before anything happens, a bug perhaps? M1 iPad air for what it's worth just incase anyone else has the same issue .

• @symianbeatz said:
    I've got no background image since updating anyone else seeing or in my case not seeing it..

Please go to the Settings menu and set the Universe slider to a high value. Then the background image should get visible again

• @symianbeatz said:
    I've got no background image since updating anyone else seeing or in my case not seeing it.. well I've just tried adjusting the universe setting a few times and finally the background image appeared, seems a bit flakey, I had to adjust the slider up and down several times before anything happens, a bug perhaps? M1 iPad air for what it's worth just incase anyone else has the same issue .

There's a brightness setting for the background image in the settings.
    It was turned to 0 after I installed the update...

• @VirSyn said:

The possibility to morph the parameters of two sounds ( Instead of simply mixing them ) is something really new on the table.
    It opens you the room for all sounds "in Between" the two starting sounds in a way that those sounds make "Sense".

I just want to say that this was a brilliant idea and a lovely implementation of it. It’s by far the main selling point to me. (I own Tera but not Tera Pro although I may seriously consider it once the morphing is implemented over there, too.)

• @VirSyn said:

@dalton34gr said:
    Hi
    Thank you !!

Thank You !!!!!

• The background image resets to ‘0’ when I alter the universe setting….am I missing something?