Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another dreamy soundscape

Comments

• very nice and quite relaxing.

• followed the link to your youtube channel. you've have some really great stuff there. suggest listening with headphones for best effect.

• @wag Thank you very much!

• Fucking gorgeous and beautiful! Any insights how you produced it? Did you use Ioniarics to drive the MIDI?

• Thanks @jwmmakerofmusic!

Here’s a screenshot of the setup:

• One semirandom Polybud goes to the MU Waverley Big Softy piano. This piano is processed through Other Desert Cities. There’s an artist preset in there called Granular Reconstruction by Red Means Recording that I love. It’s like a long modulated delay.

Autony sends the occasional high note to the piano.

The other Polybud is sent to this lovely instrument in Decent Sampler called Tongues Mini 2.

I haven’t been able to tame Ioniarics…maybe someday.

I’m gratified that you like it.🙂

• edited August 2022

Could have done with that running longer. :) Love the hand pan style textures there.Must be the Tongues Mini (tongue drum - gonna have to check that out.)

• Very good!! Good meditation music!

• Very relaxing, indeed!
    hand pan is really good.
    Love this.
    Rene

• @Svetlovska @sevenape @ReneAsologuitar thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated!

Yes, that tongue drum is a beautiful thing.

• Very nice piece @rottencat . Enjoyed the stereo imagery on this. Also good to see Attack Softener used, a great app.

• Very good vibes, made me feel aligned 🧘
    Thank you 🙏🏻

• I got that Tongues instrument too for Decent Sampler and had no idea it was a metal tongue. I was hoping for a human tongue sound using a good under water mic. Not great for soothing music… better for something like John Carpenter’s “The Thing” where the creature is bathed in Kato Syrup.

I guess I’ll have to make my own Tongue sample.

It sound like you recorded the R and L channels as distinct recordings… I thought my
    Bluetooth headphones were broken at the start.

My wife asked what are you watching and I showed her the video… now she thinks I’m going senile so I have to visit the GP for some testing. Might be good to get a check up. I can ask for some new drug with interesting side effects: like fever dreams or paranoia.

So, thanks for the referral for a checkup and giving me that cognition test with the R+L curveball.

NOTE: These are jokes. I’m totally fucking fine, thank you.

• @GeoTony @Stuntman_mike thank you very kindly.

@mcd I agree with your wife.

• @rottencat said:
    @mcd I agree with your wife.

It's better that she doubts my sanity. Long story.

She does NOT need to know about any of you fellow addicts. So STFU.

She: "Why are you hanging' with music addicts?"
    Me: "Well, they provide a community for me."
    She: "OK. Buy you do realize that's counter productive.'
    Me: 'Sure but they listen."
    She: "OK. Got it. They Blow some same up your ass."
    Me: Well.. it beats all other options since they involve video."

She/Me: "Oh god please. No video." (Been there. Done that. Lesson learned.)

Me: How about we blow the kids inheritance or we go into business and let them manage the investments? I favor #2 because they are so smart and in a sense it's their future. so...

Staty tuned.

• Lovely, mate! Could put it on loop here