Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UPCOMING: New “synth” by Virsyn. Teraverse!

13»

Comments

• Yes I definitely want the ability to get rid of the keyboard, but I agree with others that it is a bit hard to see the stars that actually modulate things, at times.

Also, thanks for the clarification about mpe Harry. Tldr is Teraverse is now to the extent that presets you load in it are already mpe in Tera Pro. Would actually be very useful if Teraverse had a folder labeled mpe which contained only mpe sounds. Of course users could also make their own folder for that too.

• BenBen
    edited August 2022

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:
    Is the only MPE option on midi keyboard controller the mod wheel?
    Parameters don’t respond to aftertouch?
    Also, is it possible to hide the onscreen keyboard and info bar across the top? So all we see is that amazing backdrop.

Teraverse is at first a preset player which allows you to play Tera Pro presets. If the Tera Pro preset is programmed to react to MPE controllers like CC74 Teraverse will do the same. But you can’t edit the presets in detail in Teraverse, only in Tera Pro.
    e.g. Presets programmed to react to Aftertouch will react to Aftertouch in Traverse too.

With the current implementation the Morph functionality is for all notes simultaneously only, therefore it is currently assigned to Modulation wheel only ( I will add possibility to select arbitrary MIDI CC later )

The only parameters you can edit inside Teraverse are the parameters assigned to the stars. And this can only be controlled from outside within the AU version with AU parameter automation.

Backdrop only view...Interesting idea, will definitely think about that

Thanks for the response. Glad to know I wasn’t missing something obvious. Much clearer now.
    Yes, backdrop only view. Thanks for considering it. That will look so good on the external monitor. This app is great fun.

• @Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:
    Also, is it possible to hide the onscreen keyboard and info bar across the top? So all we see is that amazing backdrop.

Teraverse is at first a preset player which allows you to play Tera Pro presets. If the Tera Pro preset is programmed to react to MPE controllers like CC74 Teraverse will do the same. But you can’t edit the presets in detail in Teraverse, only in Tera Pro.
    e.g. Presets programmed to react to Aftertouch will react to Aftertouch in Traverse too.

With the current implementation the Morph functionality is for all notes simultaneously only, therefore it is currently assigned to Modulation wheel only ( I will add possibility to select arbitrary MIDI CC later )

The only parameters you can edit inside Teraverse are the parameters assigned to the stars. And this can only be controlled from outside within the AU version with AU parameter automation.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know I wasn’t missing something obvious. Much clearer now.
    Yes, backdrop only view. Thanks for considering it. That will look so good on the external monitor. This app is great fun.

Yeah clarity on this in the description would prevent a lot of user frustration - I also wasted a lot of time figuring out that this maybe CAN be mpe but only under certain circumstances. As the term mpe has been bandied about often inappropriately on iOS, mpe users have had a lot of subpar experiences and their fuse can be short when something gets labelled mpe but doesn't work in the way that, say, a synth like Equator does, out of the box. Hence a clear mention of the above in the app store description, and perhaps adding in the usual in app help section with a little mention of this, would be wise. An informed buyer is a happy buyer / reviewer 😉

• @VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

So if I have Tera pro and I create a patch, can I control which parameters I assign to the stars for Teraverse?

I have neither app at the moment, and honestly a universal Tera pro would be best, but if this is going to be the only way to have pro on iphone then I might explore it.

• @gregsmith said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

So if I have Tera pro and I create a patch, can I control which parameters I assign to the stars for Teraverse?

I have neither app at the moment, and honestly a universal Tera pro would be best, but if this is going to be the only way to have pro on iphone then I might explore it.

No - what the stars control is fixed for every patch - volume, cutoff frequency and resonance etc

• @VirSyn said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@waka_x said:
    @VirSyn
    any chance for a full color background pls !?
    I mean no images ?! just clean ?!
    thank you...

Even though I love the imagery it would be nice to have that option to more easily see and position the stars.

Maybe a kind of background dimmer would make it easier...
    Will think about it.

An option for a clean background, or even to use your own image would be best.

I have a nice middle grey image that would be perfect....

• Can you disable or fade out the FX in Teraverse?

• @VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

Traverse is amazing synth but can you please add favorite opt? There are one million presets and very challenging to remember ones that are good

• @tobi77 said:
    Can you disable or fade out the FX in Teraverse?

@gregsmith said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

Tera Pro runs on iPhone!

• @tobi77 said:

Drag the green star to the bottom left, then effect level for both Layers are set to 0%

• @VirSyn when i try any preset from FM7, instant crash, or IF it doesn't crash, background is blank, only see stars, and no sound, whether solo or in AUM.
    Many of the brainZ presets i tried (ex: Bass Drum 1- BrainZ, Chord Machine, Clip Bouncer...) the background stays the same image, but they don't work. Dsp? #% goes up, but no green sound bars upper right, and no sound wave line. AUM doesn't show any sign of sound going through either.
    Basically the same happens (nothing) when trying user presets.
    On a 12.9 pro (1st gen).
    Tried deleting, resetting and reinstall many times. Closed Wi-Fi, closed any other apps, closed my bank account... still no sound.
    Also in AUM, i tried opening it as IAA, and it was skewed to only part of the screen and didn't even show the keyboard.

Anyone else have these issues? Kinda useless if doesn't work with My presets :/

• Teraverse doesn't have BrainZ and FM7 integrated, haven't had the time till yet. But I promise it will be there before the end of the year.

• @VirSyn said:

@tobi77 said:

@gregsmith said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

Tera Pro runs on iPhone!

Yep, this was back in August. I’ve since bought Tera Pro and all the iaps 😉👍

• @gregsmith said:

@VirSyn said:

@tobi77 said:

@gregsmith said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

Tera Pro runs on iPhone!

Yep, this was back in August. I’ve since bought Tera Pro and all the iaps 😉👍

Didn't checked it🤪 Seems i was a little late😂😂

• Curious how many preset banks is Teraverse supposed to have? I feel like I'm missing some, but maybe not.

Love the sounds either way.

• It would be nice adding an option buying extra sounds within Teraverse , just bought it and sounds amazing :)

• @VirSyn thank you for your interesting works. What about Teraverse working USER presets, does it just depend on what they were made from (now i know fm7 n brainz aren't supported yet)? Or user presets won't work in general...yet?

• Does Teraverse have a randomizer? I love Tera Pro but sometimes I just want random presets that sound good with an easy UI. Same reason I use SM Player over SM1/2 sometimes.

• @HotStrange it does have a RDM dice, but i clicked the shit out of it and it only seems to spit out Factory presets, even though I have all the IAP.

• @RanDoM_rRay said:
    @HotStrange it does have a RDM dice, but i clicked the shit out of it and it only seems to spit out Factory presets, even though I have all the IAP.

Thanks!

• @RanDoM_rRay said:
    @HotStrange it does have a RDM dice, but i clicked the shit out of it and it only seems to spit out Factory presets, even though I have all the IAP.

This will also be fixed as soon as all IAPs are fully working in Teraverse. ( and not doing so currently is the reason why its restricted to the Factory )

• Being able to Morph between the patches is so cool in Teraverse. Looking forward to being able to use all the IAPs the same way