Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dancing Strings: Progressions, Steel Guitar Pro, Ting, Slammer, Hammerhead, Aphelian, AudioLayer

Wanted to give 4Pockets Progressions a spin. No distorted guitar for this one. Just something simple and fun. I sent out the arpeggio from Progressions to Aphelian and recorded a couple of different layers. I’m really enjoying what Progressions brings to the table.
Hope you enjoy.

Comments

• Hi MoW,
    Very nice strings and very interesting timing.
    You are right, simplistic yet sounding sophisticated, and truly fun.
    I probably am looking for some distorted guitar somewhere on this track.
    Lovely, and well done.
    Rene

• This is great! The strings are beautiful and slightly chaotic to me and I like it! I have so much to learn!!!

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Hi MoW,
    Very nice strings and very interesting timing.
    You are right, simplistic yet sounding sophisticated, and truly fun.
    I probably am looking for some distorted guitar somewhere on this track.
    Lovely, and well done.
    Rene

Thank you @ReneAsologuitar !
    Having listened to many of your recordings I think you might have influenced my decision to try something different with an acoustic guitar sound. Thanks again for listening!

• @baconink said:
    This is great! The strings are beautiful and slightly chaotic to me and I like it! I have so much to learn!!!

Thank you @baconink !
    I just used AudioLayer for the strings. It’s part of the Virtual Playing Orchestra that can be downloaded for the app. Progressions did all the heavy lifting on this. I just captured the music. Thank you for listening!

• You make me want to point Progressions at some more apps and just dance the night away. This is good tap dance practice music.

So glad Paul came back to grant us this wish with progressions.

• @McD said:
    You make me want to point Progressions at some more apps and just dance the night away. This is good tap dance practice music.

So glad Paul came back to grant us this wish with progressions.

Thank you @McD !
    I’m glad Paul made Progressions. I don’t have enough music theory knowledge to go outside the scales that most apps are confined to and Scaler2 takes up too much space to keep on my iPad mini despite how awesome it is.
    Thanks again for listening and have fun tap dancing, although after a 5k in Dubai, I’m not sure where you’ll find the energy 😁

• That’s interesting, indeed… and fun. Make more!

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s interesting, indeed… and fun. Make more!

Thanks @LinearLineman !
    Glad you found it interesting. I know it's not really my "style" but thankfully this forum is a friendly place and stepping outside of my comfort zone is something I want to do more of here.
    Thanks again for listening!

• Sounds very playful and makes me want to frolic about in a meadow or lakeside with some villagers.

• Sounds spookily real :)

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Sounds very playful and makes me want to frolic about in a meadow or lakeside with some villagers.

Thank you @Blipsford_Baubie !
    I can't remember the last time I frolicked.
    The acoustic guitar definitely gives a more playful sound than my typical snarling distorted tones. I think I'll have to mix a few more playful tunes into my catalog. Thanks for listening!

@Svetlovska said:
    Sounds spookily real :)

Thank you @Svetlovska !
    Credit where credit is due, the acoustic guitar sound of Steel Guitar Pro really helped. Combining Progressions with Aphelian gave me better than expected results.

• This is really cool. Upbeat with a catchy melody and beat that stays in my head. This sounds like a live performance. I hope you do more like this. I liked it a lot. Very well done!

• @Paulieworld said:
    This is really cool. Upbeat with a catchy melody and beat that stays in my head. This sounds like a live performance. I hope you do more like this. I liked it a lot. Very well done!

Thank you Paul!
    It's funny, I originally generated chords in D minor ( AKA the saddest key ) but I kept picking major chords to drop into the song bar.
    I've been itching to use Ting since I caught it on sale and combined with Hammerhead's random capability it works better than I hoped. Add in some Slammer and the percussion basically took care of itself.
    I'm glad you liked this. I'm looking to mix a few different things into my music to keep it fresh so I'll probably be injecting more happy tunes into the catalog.
    Thanks for listening!

• sounds great.> @MadeofWax said:

Wanted to give 4Pockets Progressions a spin. No distorted guitar for this one. Just something simple and fun. I sent out the arpeggio from Progressions to Aphelian and recorded a couple of different layers. I’m really enjoying what Progressions brings to the table.
    Hope you enjoy.

Sounds great. You say you sent Progressions into Aphelian? What did that do? I have tried this and cant seem to get anything out of Aphelian.

Love to know what you did and how.

Cheers

• @Toastedghost said:
    sounds great.> @MadeofWax said:

Hope you enjoy.

Sounds great. You say you sent Progressions into Aphelian? What did that do? I have tried this and cant seem to get anything out of Aphelian.

Cheers

Think I have worked it out. You feed progressions into Aphelian in midi channel. In arp setting.

• @Toastedghost said:

@Toastedghost said:
    sounds great.> @MadeofWax said:

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Think I have worked it out. You feed progressions into Aphelian in midi channel. In arp setting.

Thank you @Toastedghost !
    And yes, that is exactly how I used Progressions and Aphelian together. ( I could have done a better job explaining )
    In the very last section I used the Progressions arpeggiator ( with a randomly generated arpeggio ) too. Out of all the 4Pockets apps I have I think this one will be the one I use most.