Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Rock Sound releases EQ173 Preamp with EQ

Red Rock Sound EQ173 is based on introduced in 1970, this hallowed class-A, transistor mic/line amp with EQ epitomizes the beautiful sound, with unparalleled clarity, sheen and bite.

Read more:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rrs-eq173/id1636444874

Comments

• 👍
    Awesome with 8x upsampling 😎

Line -20

Mic -80

• Very good, love the fact you can demo Red Rock apps. I have the RRS EQ3 and the compressor, and now this one as well. I wonder which unit this was based on.

• Really love this devs apps, as well as the above-mentioned fact they can be demoed. Wish all devs would do this!

• How does it sound?. Would you recommend this if I already own MixBox that has these types of eq’s?. It’s probably easier on cpu and the preamp + eq sounds like a nice standard combo.
    Plus I’d rather support these smaller devs and the price seems right.

• @Slush said:
    Very good, love the fact you can demo Red Rock apps. I have the RRS EQ3 and the compressor, and now this one as well. I wonder which unit this was based on.

Assuming you're serious, it's likely the renowned Neve 1073.

• @tahiche said:
    How does it sound?. Would you recommend this if I already own MixBox that has these types of eq’s?. It’s probably easier on cpu and the preamp + eq sounds like a nice standard combo.
    Plus I’d rather support these smaller devs and the price seems right.

Have asked the dev for a code, if I like it and have the time will put up a vid

• As for how it sounds, remember you can demo all his apps for free, in auv3 mode, for 5 minutes at a time

• @uncledave said:

@Slush said:
    Very good, love the fact you can demo Red Rock apps. I have the RRS EQ3 and the compressor, and now this one as well. I wonder which unit this was based on.

Wow, the Neve 1073 is seriously expensive hardware. Thanks Dave.

• Cool! I have over half of your apps. Use a couple on every mix. They all sound and work great. The 5 minute demo is a good idea, it let me see their full potential before purchasing. Thanks for the top quality plugins at affordable prices.

• These are very appealing apps, all of them, and what I've demoed, they sound terrific. I've been on the fence about buying, but I know full well that a bundle would pretty much push me off the edge.

• @RedRockSound you are building out the classics in your portfolio. Nice work 👍

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    These are very appealing apps, all of them, and what I've demoed, they sound terrific. I've been on the fence about buying, but I know full well that a bundle would pretty much push me off the edge.

I don't think a bundle would work for these, because the unlock is done via IAP, which can't be bundled AFAIK.

• These apps are for virtual hardware collectors and make excellent stocking stuffers.

I must own them all just to get close to the studios of the 60-70 when engineers proved their value in the commercial music world and some became almost famous like Rudy Van Gelder.

Discuss.

• edited July 2022

It's a very tasty EQ with a very strong personality. I haven't try the Neve model it's based on but it definitely add some old school vibe to a vocal track.

• 1073 is an all time fave! @RedRockSound thanks for answering this request!

• @RedRockSound what’s the path to purchase for desktop? Are your apps in the Mac App Store?

• After demoing this one I went ahead and purchased it. It sounds really good.

• Yesterday I bought a cappuccino, today I’m buying Red Rock Sound EQ173. Awesome release.

• Ive used 1073's for years, they are one of my favorite eq's ever. Beautiful sparkle on vocals and synths, warm , musical and vibrant on the low end. Looking forward to taking this app for a spin, and seeing how it compares

• @shinyisshiny said:
    Ive used 1073's for years, they are one of my favorite eq's ever. Beautiful sparkle on vocals and synths, warm , musical and vibrant on the low end. Looking forward to taking this app for a spin, and seeing how it compares

This would be awesome, looking forward to your report!

• @MadGav said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    Ive used 1073's for years, they are one of my favorite eq's ever. Beautiful sparkle on vocals and synths, warm , musical and vibrant on the low end. Looking forward to taking this app for a spin, and seeing how it compares

This would be awesome, looking forward to your report!

+1

• @uncledave said:

@Slush said:

Yes this made me laugh as well. Actually At first made me a bit scared as I thought wow the AI bots are getting confident as they grow older. Then It got even more convoluted as I twisted my brain thinking is uncledave the the older bot and they are even calling out bullshit to the younger bots that dont know any better in attempt to hide the fact.

Kidding uncledave! im right there with you on that.

Cheers!

• @zedzdeadbaby said:

@uncledave said:

@Slush said:

Yes this made me laugh as well. Actually At first made me a bit scared as I thought wow the AI bots are getting confident as they grow older. Then It got even more convoluted as I twisted my brain thinking is uncledave the the older bot and they are even calling out bullshit to the younger bots that dont know any better in attempt to hide the fact.

Cheers!

⬆️ This is what a bot would say.

• @MadGav @Slush + anyone else interested..

I gave it a test run, and cant say it does the hardware justice, or even some of the other emulations out there (mainly the UAD version which is really good). This is of course my personal opinion, and i encourage everyone to try it yourselves, as it may work for you, and its free to try.

The mid section and Lo section sounded good, but the hi's were just too brittle and harsh for my liking. With both the hardware version and the UAD emulation, i love that i can push those highs hard, and it still has a silky, musical quality to it.

Again, please test on your own, and make your own conclusion. I do like some of the other apps from this dev, so maybe you will like this one.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @MadGav @Slush + anyone else interested..

I gave it a test run, and cant say it does the hardware justice, or even some of the other emulations out there (mainly the UAD version which is really good). This is of course my personal opinion, and i encourage everyone to try it yourselves, as it may work for you, and its free to try.

The mid section and Lo section sounded good, but the hi's were just too brittle and harsh for my liking. With both the hardware version and the UAD emulation, i love that i can push those highs hard, and it still has a silky, musical quality to it.

Again, please test on your own, and make your own conclusion. I do like some of the other apps from this dev, so maybe you will like this one.

Did you try it with the highest oversampling and with the HQ button switched on?

• @jolico said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Did you try it with the highest oversampling and with the HQ button switched on?

good point... i did not. i'll try it

• @jolico said:

@zedzdeadbaby said:

@uncledave said:

@Slush said:

Cheers!

⬆️ This is what a bot would say.

But Dad told me I was a real boy...

• @shinyisshiny said:

@jolico said:

@shinyisshiny said:

good point... i did not. i'll try it

So, what’s the verdict?

• @shinyisshiny Did you tried the comparison with the HQ switch/oversampling vs your experience with the 1073? No rush, just curious :smile:

• @jolico @Slush just tested it, and still have the same conclusion. Warm in the low end, but brittle and harsh on the top end. Tested on drums, synth, and vocal. Im used to absolutely cranking the top end and having it still be musical and smooth.