Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sailing, Christopher Cross 1980

"Sailing" is a 1980 soft rock song written and recorded by American artist Christopher Cross.
The song won Grammy Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Arrangement of the Year, and helped Cross win the Best New Artist award.

Dedicated to all our Sailors, most especially to our active duty US Navy Personnel, and their families!!!

Peace and Love!!!

Copyright owners
LatinAutor - UMPG, UMPG Publishing

Comments

• ❤️❤️❤️

• Lovely voice and melody. Little to do with iOS music I'm guessing, in the way that most of us would think of it, but a lovely reminder of the power of pure acoustic performance, Rene! It's the background I come from, but over the past few years I've hardly touched my guitar, despite many years of songwriting and live gigging. I blame @Svetlovska for introducing me to the random powers of midi generators. 😉

• Is that your music store? Your music studio business? Just curious, cause it looks like a storefront on a city street in the back.

• It’s been a very long time since I last heard this song. You have done a marvelous job with it. An excellent performance.

• @AlexY said:
    ❤️❤️❤️

++++++++
    Hi AlexY,
    Yeayyyyyyy!!!
    Love the loves!!!
    Rene

@Gavinski said:
    Lovely voice and melody. Little to do with iOS music I'm guessing, in the way that most of us would think of it, but a lovely reminder of the power of pure acoustic performance, Rene! It's the background I come from, but over the past few years I've hardly touched my guitar, despite many years of songwriting and live gigging. I blame @Svetlovska for introducing me to the random powers of midi generators. 😉

++++++++
    Hi Gavinski,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful and touching feedback.
    I really appreciate people like you and Svetlovska who are real music lovers, and are so kind-hearted!!!
    I am slowly being introduced to iOS. I am currently focused on developing my "live recording" acoustic sound, and also composing original music.
    I would love to see /hear you and your acoustic guitar, I am sure you can melt a few hearts!!!
    Again, thank you for your beautiful comments.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

@Poppadocrock said:
    Is that your music store? Your music studio business? Just curious, cause it looks like a storefront on a city street in the back.

++++++++
    Hi Poppadocrock,
    This is my music room, and I love hanging out here and making music.
    I have collected a bit of musical stuff, and guitars through the years.
    I would love to own a music store, and just make music.
    But then, it becomes work.
    Love your comments.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

@MadeofWax said:
    It’s been a very long time since I last heard this song. You have done a marvelous job with it. An excellent performance.

++++++++
    Hi MadeofWax,
    You are so much appreciated.
    Your comments mean so much to me.
    Love 'em!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Absolutely beautiful! Another job well done. ❤️

• Rene: You have the same singer/songwriter tastes that I do... probably based on age and a love for acoustic guitar.

I remember how that Christopher Cross album exploded across pop culture... winning 5 of 6 Grammies and sweeping all the major categories in the process: Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Album of the Year. Billie Eilish and Finneas matched the achievement with an album recorded in a bedroom on a Mac.

Do you also do any Stephen Bishop tunes? There used to be a genre called Adult Contemporary and it effectively got swallowed whole by Nashville but lives on in "open mics" and street busking around the world.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Absolutely beautiful! Another job well done. ❤️

HI jwm,
    Lovely feedback, love 'em!!!
    Thank you, as always.
    Rene

• @McD said:
    Rene: You have the same singer/songwriter tastes that I do... probably based on age and a love for acoustic guitar.
    I remember how that Christopher Cross album exploded across pop culture... winning 5 of 6 Grammies and sweeping all the major categories in the process: Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Album of the Year. Billie Eilish and Finneas matched the achievement with an album recorded in a bedroom on a Mac.
    Do you also do any Stephen Bishop tunes? There used to be a genre called Adult Contemporary and it effectively got swallowed whole by Nashville but lives on in "open mics" and street busking around the world.

Hi McD,
    I am truly pleased of your wonderful comments.
    And really glad to be on your side of taste in music!!! Your aright, we love the acoustic guitar, and grew up in the same musical scape in our backdraft.
    I do know Stephen Bishop, and I can do "On and On", as per your suggestion. I love this song, and be happy to do it, and this one's for you. I might take a while, but I will do this song.
    Thank you for your song recommendation, and your total support and inspiration.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@McD said:
    Rene: You have the same singer/songwriter tastes that I do... probably based on age and a love for acoustic guitar.

Hi McD,
    I am truly pleased of your wonderful comments.
    And really glad to be on your side of taste in music!!! Your aright, we love the acoustic guitar, and grew up in the same musical scape in our backdraft.
    I do know Stephen Bishop, and I can do "On and On", as per your suggestion. I love this song, and be happy to do it, and this one's for you. I might take a while, but I will do this song.
    Thank you for your song recommendation, and your total support and inspiration.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

“On and On” Stephen Bishop big radio hit. I heard the Kenny Rankin cover first. Stephen’s only claim to fame for me early on was writing the “Animal House” theme and playing the frat boy with a guitar that Bluto smashes against the wall. A nightmare for all aspiring singer/songwriters trying to get laid.

Look deeper into Stephen’s song book if you have the time.

Then do Kenny Rankin or Dan Fogelberg or the post Eagles Don Henley or Jackson Browne or James Taylor or Cat Stevens or Billy Joel or …

Anyway. I know you’d cover them all over a few years if people keep tolerating the off topic channel you are building here. I think we should have a very welcoming attitude to all creatives that would like a little feedback on their efforts.

In general most producers here do not share work for a million reasons. It took the @Linearlineman to pull me into posting anything at all and he has retired from making anything new and is only posting re-masters and greatest hits now. sad.

• Not to worry @McD. I’ll be back to new stuff eventually. It feels good to do what I’m doing now. Sort of like turning over the earth before spring planting.

• One of the great songs of 1980. It was a good year for me. Loved this song beside all the funky jazzy stuff and was hearing…

• @LinearLineman said:
    Not to worry @McD. I’ll be back to new stuff eventually. It feels good to do what I’m doing now. Sort of like turning over the earth before spring planting.

Spring cleaning. You get a break but only until the puppy is house trained.

• Great cover as usual. This sounds cool on acoustic. You have been on point. Thank you. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next.

• Rene: since you do covers, do you get take down or revenue re-assignments to the IP holders?

• A beautiful rendition of a classic! Nicely done!

• @Franketti said:
    One of the great songs of 1980. It was a good year for me. Loved this song beside all the funky jazzy stuff and was hearing…

++++++++
    Hi Franketti,
    Thank you for your excellent feedback.
    Love 'em.
    Rene

@myapologies said:
    Great cover as usual. This sounds cool on acoustic. You have been on point. Thank you. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next.

++++++++
    Hi myapologies,
    Your are always great to hear from.
    Thank you so much!
    Rene

@Edward_Alexander said:
    A beautiful rendition of a classic! Nicely done!

++++++++
    Hi Edward,
    Thank you, Sir!!!
    Truly a classic.
    Rene

• @McD said:
    Rene: since you do covers, do you get take down or revenue re-assignments to the IP holders?

Hi McD,
    Can you re-phrase your q?
    I am not following very well.
    Thank you.
    Rene

• I was wondering if YouTube asks you to take down your cover videos or takes away any potential income from plays and gives the money to the big record companies.

In other words can you get paid doing covers on YouTube?

I’m sure you can’t do covers with distrokid, right?

• Great choice of song and great rendition Rene.

I don't often watch videos from start to end but in yours I just had to.
    Beautiful.

• @McD said:
    I was wondering if YouTube asks you to take down your cover videos or takes away any potential income from plays and gives the money to the big record companies.
    In other words can you get paid doing covers on YouTube?
    I’m sure you can’t do covers with distrokid, right?

Hi McD,
    Thank you for the simple words, now I can answer.
    You Tube has not bugged me yet. One thing I do consistently, is that I check for copyrights, and include copyright owners in my video descriptions.
    At this time, I have "Zero" income from these videos, hahahahaha.
    On YouTubes, you "can" get paid, but at certain points, like you have to have 1,000 subscribers, at least that's one point that I know.
    In Distrokid, I think you can do covers, but you have to pay "extras", and you have to get permissions. I am not really informed about their rules on covers, as I do not want to get in with extra fees.
    And of course, they have to automatically give part of the profits to the copyright owners, but that is done automatically by Distrokid, which is still a very good deal.

I just wanted to get the "unlimited uploads" on songs you own - for 20 dollars.

Thanks for the q's, McD!!
    Rene

• @rs2000 said:
    Great choice of song and great rendition Rene.

I don't often watch videos from start to end but in yours I just had to.
    Beautiful.

Hi rs2000,
    I am so thankful for the truly humbling and very inspiring comments!!!
    You are so awesome, and you are so much appreciated.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene