Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Powered hub advice/recommendations

I have just started getting error messages on my macbook pro 2015, every time I plug in my powered USB hub, manufactured by RSTech. The message says "USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable devices". Which is a very strange message to get from a powered hub. There's nothing plugged into it, so God knows how it could be using "too much" power (?). One thing worth mentioning is that I'm pretty sure this started happening just after I switched from a Scarlett 2i2 AI, to my new Volt 2 (which has a power adapter, which I'm plugging into the mains). Anyway, this thing has been a pain in the arse ever since I bought it, so I'm looking for recommendations for a powered hub that I can use with my macbook and my ipad. And, I guess, any advice about this error message.... Thanks

Comments

• @Kashi said:
    I have just started getting error messages on my macbook pro 2015, every time I plug in my powered USB hub, manufactured by RSTech. The message says "USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable devices". Which is a very strange message to get from a powered hub. There's nothing plugged into it, so God knows how it could be using "too much" power (?). One thing worth mentioning is that I'm pretty sure this started happening just after I switched from a Scarlett 2i2 AI, to my new Volt 2 (which has a power adapter, which I'm plugging into the mains). Anyway, this thing has been a pain in the arse ever since I bought it, so I'm looking for recommendations for a powered hub that I can use with my macbook and my ipad. And, I guess, any advice about this error message.... Thanks

The hub could be defective or the cable. Is this a new hub?

Do you get any error messages when connecting your interface to your Mac-to rule out the USB ports having gone bad.

• Thanks for your reply @espiegel123 . Not new, but not super old. Couple of years maybe? Both USB ports seem absolutely fine with everything else....If the hub is defective then that's a better problem to have than a defective USB port on my laptop I suppose.
    One thing that's just occurred to me is try it on my partner's laptop (she has a MBP 2015 too) - see if I get the same error message. Will try that shortly and report back.....

• @Kashi said:
    Thanks for your reply @espiegel123 . Not new, but not super old. Couple of years maybe? Both USB ports seem absolutely fine with everything else....If the hub is defective then that's a better problem to have than a defective USB port on my laptop I suppose.
    One thing that's just occurred to me is try it on my partner's laptop (she has a MBP 2015 too) - see if I get the same error message. Will try that shortly and report back.....

Have you always gotten the message with this hub? If not, also try another power supply.

• It sounds like the powered hub is not receiving power. Check for circuit breakers in the power brick, or the power strip it's plugged into. If you have a voltmeter, you can check if the power brick output cable has power.

• edited July 2022

No,I had some initial problems with it, but then it worked fine for a long time. Only just started getting this message. It says it's DC 5V, so to test with an alternative power pack I could just use an iphone charger plug with the appropriate cable right?

• @Kashi said:
    No,I had some initial problems with it, but then it worked fine for a long time. Only just started getting this message. It says it's DC 5V, so to test with an alternative power pack I could just use an iphone charger plug with the appropriate cable right?

The pins need to be the same and sufficient amps required. Voltage is only part of the story.

• Thanks @uncledave , good suggestions :)
    I don't have a voltometer, and I'm pretty sure I tried plugging the hub into a different 4-way, but I'll try that again, just in case.