Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Summertime (guitar/Nembrini Overdrive Special)

edited July 2022 in Creations

A languid rendition of Gershwin's Summertime. Guitar recorded in two passes in Loopy Pro using Nembrini Overdrive Special and VirSyn Audio Reverb

Comments

• As always your sound is impeccable.

Just the right balance between light and dark.
    Your solo, that touch of bite on the intro
    made the ascending line burst with energy.

The dynamics were gorgeous.

The subtly in playing.

It's a masterpiece.

The way you developed the solo showed maturity,
    though improvised it was as thoughtful
    as the emotion it was conveying.

Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks @Gravitas. Your appreciation is much appreciated.

• Nice playing, delicate yet expressive.

• I love this melody, and your guitar playing is simply beautiful.
    Very peaceful, and I am in heaven.
    I just love your guitar playing on this song.
    Well done.
    Rene

• Excellent playing! While this one was very nice by itself, if you combine this sort of musicianship with your recent ambient explorations you’d have something unique and potentially transcendent.

• @richardyot @ReneAsologuitar @lukesleepwalker : thanks for listening.

@lukesleepwalker : it is my plan to write/record pieces that fuse my guitaristic (electric and acoustic) and my more aural landscapey side. I am in sort of an R&D mode. I am rebuilding my approach to playing (and hearing) guitar from scratch ... and figuring out which of the many electronic tools I really connect to...hopefully i am about to start fusing the elements

• @espiegel123 said:
    @richardyot @ReneAsologuitar @lukesleepwalker : thanks for listening.

@lukesleepwalker : it is my plan to write/record pieces that fuse my guitaristic (electric and acoustic) and my more aural landscapey side. I am in sort of an R&D mode. I am rebuilding my approach to playing (and hearing) guitar from scratch ... and figuring out which of the many electronic tools I really connect to...hopefully i am about to start fusing the elements

I, for one, will follow along with interest!

• Lovely playing @espiegel123 , some great phrases 🎸

• Very good, especially the solo part approx 2:00. If George could have only heard some of the great iterations his musical theater tune spawned. I think Janis’s is my favorite still.

• Wow, is that good! I love how responsive the amp is to the slightest variations in your picking intensity. I’ve been playing through the Faceman a lot lately but I’m gonna have to spend more time with the “Dumble”.

• @LinearLineman @GeoTony @Schmotown : thanks for listening. I am so glad you liked it (heck I am happy if my playing doesn't make people shriek in horror).

@Schmotown : this sim (like the Xtasy) is very versatile and can create a lot of variation in town BUT one has to ignore the presets (imo) and spend time exploring the interactions of settings...and, for me, it is often necessary to set the input level (on the rack page) very low. I find that without the right IR (I used an Ownhammer VOX 1*12 from the rEVolution collection) and/or some post-amp eq that this sim can be fizzy.

• @espiegel123 this really sounds great! A nicely played rendition, and you’ve almost got me convinced to try some iOS amp apps again. (I’ve steered away from them since I got this Mooer pedal with the IRs and all)

• Very nice. Loved the guitar playing. The tone is good. I also gave up on amp sims like a previous post mentioned, maybe I should give them another shot.

• @Edward_Alexander @Jmd8928 : thank you for the kind words.

I think the better amp sims on iOS can capture a good tone and recording that probably is as good or better as what most of us could achieve with a really great amp…unless you’ve got a great sounding room to record in and good mics.

They won’t get us the same experience as being in the room playing through a great amp but the captured sound can be satisfying.

I find that it takes a little time to dial in the right settings, but once found are easy to tweak.