Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Strange Molecules (Ambient)

Comments

• It goes at 1:35. I would have put this part first and chilled after 3:47 with the first part. Just to flip the additive formula. Not sure if that would be better, tho.

• Hi Paulieworld,
    I can see the particles flowing, in union and in harmony.
    Very relaxing vibe you got here. I love the transition into 1:35, and I like the way you got this movement into this trance vibe.
    Well done.
    Rene

• If this is your take on ambient, I think I might finally become a full fledged ambient music fan. Like all of your music this is such an interesting soundscape, filled with great sounds.

• @MadeofWax @ReneAsologuitar @LinearLineman Thank guys! This thing came about one morning when I realized I had absolutely no new ideas. Nada, zip, zero, naught. Then I thought... that in itself is an idea. Sort of like Seinfeld, a song about nothing. I took a single instance of a phrase from Piano Motifs and ran it against a bunch of synths that I hadn't touched in a long time - Mitosynth, Waldorf Nave, DRC, and a few others. When I had a roughly 3-4 minute framework, I started adding random loops and samples from Blocs Wave and Launchpad. It was all completely arbitrary. I had second thoughts about that drum part at 1:35, but I remembered what Brian Eno said about the genre - It should be both interesting and ignorable. I thought it added a bit of interest, but I made sure to use an ignorable drum part. For the title I used the naming 'feature' from Blocs Wave. It came up with something about molecules, and I added "Strange".

This pointless exercise gave me an idea. I cranked out several dozen short phrases in Piano Motifs, in various keys. I'm going to try mixing, matching, and overlaying them. It will be all piano using Ravenscroft and Pure Piano. "In theory", they should sound good together. The few that I've tried sound pretty good so far. We'll see!

Thanks for listening and commenting!

• Far too much happening to be ambient 😊 I had visions of a Kate Bush vocal coming in shortly after 1:35…
    Piano Motifs is great for giving the brain cells a jog… looking forward to the next piece!