Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Routing Audio Out

Hi,

everytime, when i plug my iPad into my Dell Dockingstation, the audio out of AUM switches to the dockingstation ports. This is nice, because so i can easy connect to my other devices.

But sometimes, i want not to plug in wired headphones or an other jack.

Instead i'd like to hear the sound of the iPads internal loudspeakers.

Inside AUM i found nothing to switch to these, when connected to the dockingstation.

Is it, with audiobus maybe possible to switch to the loudspeakers in this case?

Greetz Chris

Comments

• You're not alone with this issue...

Only way for now is to bombard Apple with feedback and request a proper control panel for audio and other devices.
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/

• @chq said:
    Hi,

everytime, when i plug my iPad into my Dell Dockingstation, the audio out of AUM switches to the dockingstation ports. This is nice, because so i can easy connect to my other devices.

But sometimes, i want not to plug in wired headphones or an other jack.

Instead i'd like to hear the sound of the iPads internal loudspeakers.

Inside AUM i found nothing to switch to these, when connected to the dockingstation.

Is it, with audiobus maybe possible to switch to the loudspeakers in this case?

Greetz Chris

In iOS, there is no output option. The last connected audio driver wins.

• F__k A__le.
    Like Apple, but in this case- shit.

Thanks so far.

Greetz Chris

• This will have to get fixed at some point!

I don't want my audio to play on the TV when I've got an audio interface hooked to a pair of speakers and connect the TV via HDMI which will hijack the audio output...

• With the advent of StageManager on iPadOS16. there will be way more negative press about this as people beyond musicians try to connect with their external displays.

Can’t see how Apple can ignore it much longer…probably getting blasted internally already.