Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Metal fans? Thoughts on Pantera reunion..?

I know there’s some metal fans here. What do you think of the Pantera reunion plans with Zakk Wylde on guitar duties? (Anthrax drummer too)

Comments

• edited July 2022

There are precedents of bands playing without major puzzle pieces. Like INXS performing without Michael Hutchence, G'n'R playing without everyone one. To me it's not the same and it's lacks obviously a major element which changes the whole thing but I understand why band members want to carry on.

• Zakk's play style doesn't seem right. He's a pick every note kinda guy whereas Dimebag was very legato. But if anyone would do their best to do justice to the music, Zakk is the man. I just don't know. I guess we'll see.

• edited July 2022

I guess another way of looking at it is, who would you think is the best choice for a replacement? Just looking at it from the point of view of replicating (to the extent possible) the required playing style.

To be honest I don't even know what metal is any more. I used to be into metal but now what's metal hurts my ears and the bands I used to listen to are hard rock or something else. (Although it's so blurred there are still new metal bands I like).

• I was into metal big time years ago. Pantera was insane, great tracks and pretty unique compared to other metal groups. I’m broken. My friend has a signed dimebag guitar. What a masterpiece. So many other groups to mention from back in the days: gorefest, mastodon, sepultura, machine head, rage against the machine, paradise lost, alice in chains, ... metal was what I needed back then big tile while playing guitar in a rockband, those where the days, we never played covers but we deive like crazy making songs. When group members change, everything changes, that’s my opinion. It can work for the better or go down and rebrand their settings. Good luck to them and keep rocking!

• Don't listen to metal anymore but Dimebag was the only reason to like them.

• Hmmmmmmm. I am on the fence on this. Dime was one of a kind. I just hope that Zakk does not try to make it all about himself and does the Bag justice.

@Bob dude your kidding me right? You into Metal???? 🤣

• I’m interested to hear Zakk play some really heavy stuff - I love his tone! But I’m like a lot of you - used to listen to almost nothing but metal as teenager, not too much these days. Tool is about the only hard rock band I get excited about now.

• Rex Brown said it would definitely wouldn’t be Zakk on geeetars

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Rex Brown said it would definitely wouldn’t be Zakk on geeetars

Ya wonder what changed…..:

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Rex Brown said it would definitely wouldn’t be Zakk on geeetars

Yeah - Billboard is reporting it’s Zakk

• Was never a fan of Pantera. I tried, but never really got what the appeal is.

Definitely seems like a strange choice for guitarist though.

• I am a leftover, metal head. I always played keys and I like thrash, doom, death, black, and progressive metal as well as traditional old school. I saw Pantera on the cowboy’s from hell tour opening for Wrathchild America and a few times afterwards on subsequent tours it was really all about Dimebag. Phil couldn’t sing well live after awhile hence why the did not play Cemetery Gates. No Dimebag- no Pantera… I saw Phil and the Illegals in 2019 at Hellfest it was just him and hired guns doing Pantera songs. So nothing new just a money grab

• This may come as a shock, but it's true: Professional musicians play music to make money.

It's nice when a band can just retire the brand after a member dies or retires. If you're making so much on royalties that throwing out your valuable band name for something else (see: Paul McCartney or Robert Plant) it's a decision that feels right as rain. The vast majority of musicians can't make that choice. If Phil can still do it, that's fine.

IMO Pantera's sound hasn't aged well, but in the day they were badass. Wore out those tapes in high school. Phil's macho thing looks pretty stupid to me now.

• edited July 2022

I’m not a huge Pantera fan but I do feel strongly about this. Dimebags death Was one of the greatest tragedies to the hit metal scene ever. The way he died was so wrong. And, fact is, this could have happened to any beloved musician in any genre of music. His life was cut short by the actions of a mad man and this needs to never be forgotten. So pantera should reform, tour and raise awareness of this most terrible of atrocities.

EDIT: I am aware that I didn’t articulate that very well. Think I’m still drunk.

• edited January 2023

I love that the idea of a Pantera reunion with Zakk Wylde on guitar duties and Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante is purely speculative. There've been no official announcements about this from the band or its members. So, this adds a sense of mystery. I adore it. Btw, this kind of tension is one of the reasons why I love metal music. Seriously, what's here not to like? Just listen to amazing releases, such as https://youtu.be/uSHYBhATo9c, and tell me about your emotions. This fast tempo and powerful instrumentation is unique!

• There are very, very few bands that I can get excited for a reunion of. And Pantera is DEFINITELY NOT one of them.

• While I do enjoy Pantera quite a bit, I saw their first national tour when they opened for Wrathchild America, the tours for the next two albums then some Ozzfest appearances. My opinion is that there is no Pantera without the Abbott brothers and Phil. I saw Phil Anselmo and the Illegals at Hellfest. It was Phil and a good band playing Pantera songs. This is no different except the addition of the original bassist Rex and two well known great musicians. To me it just seems the be a greedy cash grab by managers, promoters and lawyers that put this “deal” together for a nice payday

• edited January 2023

I was quite into grunge as a teenager, and - while not grunge - the heaviness and crunchiness of the Pantera sound on A New Level was mind-blowing. I can barely enjoy any of the heavier rock / punk / metal music I listened to in my teenage years now. Some songs by Fugazi, the Pixies, The Dead Milkmen and The Minutemen still make the grade. Especially The Minutemen, but even then, they were very much doing their own thing and really outside all genre imo

• @ralis said:
    So nothing new just a money grab

Is it though? They are musicians right? I miss playing live and I never experienced anything like the highs they would have. Can't blame them for doing what they love.

• @Ailerom said:

@ralis said:

Is it though? They are musicians right? I miss playing live and I never experienced anything like the highs they would have. Can't blame them for doing what they love.

To me it just seems the be a greedy cash grab by managers, promoters and lawyers that put this “deal” together for a nice payday

Sure the musicians may enjoy it but they are not the ones that made this happen and while they may be compensated well, it is nothing compared to the managers and attorneys that brokered the deal

• @ralis said:

@Ailerom said:

@ralis said:

To me it just seems the be a greedy cash grab by managers, promoters and lawyers that put this “deal” together for a nice payday

Sure the musicians may enjoy it but they are not the ones that made this happen and while they may be compensated well, it is nothing compared to the managers and attorneys that brokered the deal

Sounds likely, be even so, it would never happen if the band didn't want to perform.

• edited January 2023

Pantera is 1 combination of individuals.
    Water is H20. If it's H2T or H2Z, it's not water anymore.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Pantera is 1 combination of individuals.
    Water is H20. If it's H2T or H2Z, it's not water anymore.

Poo is a combination of various meals and snacks.
    A canyon is a deep cleft between escarpments or cliffs. Remove one side and it is no longer a canyon.

• It depends on the creative core of the band. Some bands have 1, some 2 and some more driving elements. It depends how close to the core the missing element was.
    Chemistry on stage is another aspect if the band does a lot of touring but I guess there’s plenty of fish and shouldn’t be a problem for a well known band.

• Charlie Benante (Drums) as really done is home work studying the material. He is nailing the parts. He is one of the best metal drummers from his generation.

Zakk on the other hand is pretty much winging it. He as not learned the riff properly and is improvising the solos on the theme of the original.