Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OUT NOW: FLUX:FX by Noiise Audio (Modular Multi FX - AB, IAA & MIDI supported)

Comments

• @PaulB said:

Chris, they list the effects in the manual....

Booo! It's a manual. Only time I've actually read a manual was when putting together an IKEA bookshelf (and no, I still couldn't fit all the parts together, but that's par course IKEA).

• There's 5 slots for fx, plus a brick wall limiter at the end of the chain. I can't imagine Belew would put his name to something that wasn't up to par, but who knows..? It's still a day one buy for me. 30 fx plus sequencing, AB state saving, and midi sync... I'd pay $30 easy..

• That many effects makes me skeptical. Would rather have 10 great sounding effects than 29 decent sounding effects. But yeah, no judging until it's out.

• Hi all - this is Nick, part of the NOIISE group that is making the FLUX:FX app. I'll try to answer any questions directly.

@kgmessier said:

I won’t buy unless there are no fewer than thirty available effects.

I can confirm there are 30 + the limiter :)

• @NOIISE said:

@kgmessier said:

I won’t buy unless there are no fewer than thirty available effects.

I can confirm there are 30 + the limiter :)

Take my money! NOW!!!

• @NOIISE said:

Hi all - this is Nick, part of the NOIISE group that is making the FLUX:FX app. I'll try to answer any questions directly.

Thanks for that, Nick.. Just so you don't have to answer this one again:

"@mataband still working on pricing, but it will be good value :o) Also we dont do the cut-down version + in-app purchases - you get it all."

• Hello @NOIISE ,
    The GUI seems straight-forwarding ,I would love seeing a pre-release video demo!

• @Korakios said:

Hello @NOIISE ,
    The GUI seems straight-forwarding ,I would love seeing a pre-release video demo!

working on it right now :o)

• A note to add to the conversation:
    It is probably easier to think of FLUX:FX as a semi-modular effect engine rather than a traditional guitar style multi-effect processor. There are plenty of familiar effects in there like chorus and overdrive, but these shouldn't be seen as replacements of effect pedals but as raw components in an overall sound design chain. The magic really happens when you link things like a bitcrusher with a reverse bandpass filter into a tape echo and then step-sequence them all... fun and games and audio chaos!

And yes there is a switchable brickwall limiter at the end of the chain.

• @NOIISE said:

A note to add to the conversation:
    It is probably easier to think of FLUX:FX as a semi-modular effect engine rather than a traditional guitar style multi-effect processor. There are plenty of familiar effects in there like chorus and overdrive, but these shouldn't be seen as replacements of effect pedals but as raw components in an overall sound design chain. The magic really happens when you link things like a bitcrusher with a reverse bandpass filter into a tape echo and then step-sequence them all... fun and games and audio chaos!

Definitely sounds like something that will help fill some gaps when it come to iOS. Guitar setups there are plenty of (THM, JamUp, Amplitube, Ampkit, ToneStack and more). When it comes to more all-purpose or multi-fx units like you described, that any kind of gear & musician can make use of (I'm mostly thinking about things like having a proper stereo path through it all), iOS is a bit lacking. There are Sugar Bytes offerings, which while really really good is still basically the only choice on iOS right now. So when it comes to these more comprehensive multi fx units that can be automated etc, there's definetely room for some more options and flavors on iOS. :)

Also, brickwall on the out...I likey! (Mostly cause I do suck at keeping levels, mixing etc in general, so I rely on my brickwalls;)

• Hi @Noiise. Welcome!

That's sweet. Does it add a considerable amount of latency? Since brickwall limiters are usually look-ahead style... I'm wondering.

Also, and sorry if this has already been answered: Is it fully stereo? Meaning: I send panned drums in and, presuming I don't use an effect to mess it up, get panned drums out?

• @syrupcore said:

Hi @Noiise. Welcome!

That's sweet. Does it add a considerable amount of latency? Since brickwall limiters are usually look-ahead style... I'm wondering.

Also, and sorry if this has already been answered: Is it fully stereo? Meaning: I send panned drums in and, presuming I don't use an effect to mess it up, get panned drums out?

We are testing it right now but i believe the limiter is not noticeably adding to the latency. We have been very conscious of latency throughout the dev of FLUX:FX as it is a killer IMO...

Yes it is full stereo throughout!

• Have you tested it on "old" ipad2/3 ?

• Huzzah. Thank you.

• @Korakios said:

Have you tested it on "old" ipad2/3 ?

Yes, and it works. We have also given the option to turn off the audio visualizer to save a few cycles, and we are showing CPU load meter in the interface so that you can work out when you are really taxing the device.

• Have checked monthly app spend... budget OK.. cashmoney waiting :)

• @NOIISE said:

@Korakios said:

Have you tested it on "old" ipad2/3 ?

Yes, and it works. We have also given the option to turn off the audio visualizer to save a few cycles, and we are showing CPU load meter in the interface so that you can work out when you are really taxing the device.

Cool!Thank you!

• @skoptic said:

Have checked monthly app spend... budget OK.. cashmoney waiting :)

Show off (just jealous).

• @NOIISE I know you all about not emulating vintage kit and that's all good but I hope you'll at least emulate the pitch changing/time warping characteristics of the tape echo. It's just something I enjoy experimenting with.

• @firejan82 said:

@NOIISE I know you all about not emulating vintage kit and that's all good but I hope you'll at least emulate the pitch changing/time warping characteristics of the tape echo. It's just something I enjoy experimenting with.

Yes, the tape echo has a 'tape deviation' setting which is somewhat like the flutter and wow for speed/pitch variation, along with delay time, feedback, feedforward, mix and level.

• @NOIISE sounds good, looking forward to seeing some vids about the FLUX:FX

• Excited to see this one. I'm wondering how the results of this will compare to those of Turnado and Effectrix. Looks awesome. Any word on release window?

• @OmnilimbO said:

Excited to see this one. I'm wondering how the results of this will compare to those of Turnado and Effectrix. Looks awesome. Any word on release window?

They are looking for an AppStore release towards the end of August (last I read on @Noiise twitter).

• edited August 2014

Update..(edit: Sorry, I spoke too soon. The videos will be available next week, the app is still being finalized)

Looks like we might see a release next week, and video demos are almost done. I'm not 110% sure on the release, I'm just extrapolating a bit from earlier info and the below fresh info from Noiise! :)

"@noiiseaudio: @Chris1a1 videos on the way :) just editing... Next week for the win!" /NoiiseAudio

• If Adrian Belew is in...

By the way, it was David Bowie who introduces Adrian to Mr. Fripp.

• Sorry, I spoke too soon. The videos will be available next week, the app is still being finalized.

• Chomping at the bit over here.

• Had forgotten about this, but their timing might be good; bit of a lull here in Appoholia...

• Last message on Twitter said, it will be delayed :/

• I'm really excited for this one!