Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget Update in August

According to Korg's Twitter account (Bing translated from Japanese):

[Notice] also, KORG app development team is currently "Gadget version 1.0.3( codename :Santa Clara )" in prioritizing its development. Release will be held Aug.

Source tweet:

Fuck yes, can't wait for this.

Comments

• Good news, look forward to what they have in store for us

• Gives us a month to speculate what might be in it!

• Well-spotted ;-)

• Landscape, please.

• Sweet Really excited to see what they do.

• edited July 2014

Sampling gadget, please! And audio tracks!

• Oh, that is great news! Here's the top 3 things I've heard rumored (from Korg or others) that I'd like to see:

• MPC-style gadget that allows for import of samples using "Open In" or Dropbox

• Audio track for recording inputs like guitar/vocals/other apps through AB

• Landscape mode

The third item actually isn't a big deal to me, but I recognize that so many people use docks of some kind that it is a major annoyance to have to turn your device to use the app.

• edited July 2014

I'd love to see some functionality being removed from the "function" button, and incorporated directly into the main UI with different touch gestures etc. Copying, moving, pasting, editing the main sequencer could be more touch gesture driven IMO.

Also, I totally expect to see 15 new gadgets that will fill up a second screen on my iPad. Could be fart gadgets, and cat choirs, don't care...just want more gadgets. Yep.

• +1 for cat choirs!!!

and seriously...

+1 for "Audio track for recording inputs like guitar/vocals/other apps through AB"!!!

• Cat choirs......hmmmm.....(JG rushes off with a wild yet fiercely entrepreneurial look in his one sane eye...)

• I wish they make the sequencer more like Live's session view, actually it would be better if Gadget just duplicates the whole idea of Live's dual sequencers.

• I would like to see:

-an expansion of the sample sets in the gadgets I already like (me, me, me)
    -a fix for a bug that often crashes the app when trying to run it through AB with Auria
    -landscape mode, if only for performance, would also be a plus.

But I'll take any further refinements and/or bon-bons I can get for this elegant bit of work.

• A good MIDI implementation, for all of their apps

• edited July 2014

@Rafael_laurenti said:

A good MIDI implementation, for all of their apps

2nd this, this would be the single most useful update on this app for me, personally.

edit: With that said, I don't mind iPolySix's or iElectribe's MIDI at all (they could both technically be improved, but the current MIDI implementation is useful, esp. with iPolySix)

• Good point on MIDI - what is the current state of MIDI with Gadget? (I haven't tried that out yet). Can you use external MIDI controllers or virtual MIDI apps? Haven't found this too necessary yet because the on-board sequencer is very powerful, but I could understand people wanting to hook up a real keyboard to it (or an arppegiator app or something, I guess).

OH, here's one thing: when you write music in Gadget, you make different "scenes" (I think they are called). I'm not sure if it is possible to do a "bounce" export using ACP of just one scene. I'm pretty sure it just exports the entire song. I plan on using ACP with this a fair amount, so I would like to see AudioCopy/Paste improved. Someone also mentioned that cymbal trails are exported beyond the length of the loop, so a "decay" on/off feature would be nice, I supposed.

• It will take note input from hardware controllers. I think it takes Transport controls, although it's been a while since I messed with Gadget, so that part I may be wrong. It doesn't have any Virtual MIDI as far as I can tell.

• It does notes via Virtual Midi as well.

A bit more extensive MIDI wouldn't hurt. MIDI CCs/learn would be nice, both when using an external controller and via virtual midi.

• MIDI Out as well, so DAW's can take data from Gadget.

• And of course sync to MIDI clock..

• @Zymos said:

And of course sync to MIDI clock..

Most likely that'll never happen (looking at all other Korg apps) :-(

• edited July 2014

If you've ever been to Santa Clara, you know it has a nice Landscape. Whereas Chicago always makes me think about a driving, punchy Bass.

• I see a lot of people hoping this update brings more than just a new synth named Santa Clara.

• edited July 2014

The first update's codename was Milpitas so maybe the codename doesn't mean there's going to be a synth/gadget with that name. But maybe there's going to be one named Kansas.

• I wouldn't complain about a new synth, of course, but when I think about what Gadget needs, "more content" isn't that high on the list. Sample import, for example, is worth several machines because it would allow endless content of the kind you want. But I'm trying not to set expectations too high - the list above is just a wish list.

• Good point firejan.

Also, I've been in and around Santa Clara plenty, and it makes me think more of the freeway than it does of any landscapes. :-)

• @Zymos said:

Good point firejan.

Also, I've been in and around Santa Clara plenty, and it makes me think more of the freeway than it does of any landscapes. :-)

Same. Kraftwerk Autobahn inspired gadget perhaps?

• Aren't Santa Clara and Milpitas both in Silicon Valley?

• I want Kansas to be a Banjo gadget!

• @ChrisG said:

It does notes via Virtual Midi as well.

By golly, it does! Has that always been there? Or did they sneak that in the last update? Oh well, no matter. Bonus feature, without an update.

I must admit though, an internal MIDI controller Gadget would be a nice feature, one that did various things like the "standard" chords and arps and then maybe some cool gadgetty touch screen functionality.

Then yeah, as others have noted, landscape mode, a way to launch clips separately like in Live... Actually just those two things would be enough for me. I always kind of liked the app's independence.

• @senhorlampada said:

I want Kansas to be a Banjo gadget!

I want it to make me play like Steve Morse.