Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Musing B Module by Lei Li (Auv3)

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1630577606

Description:

Musing B Module is a customizable keyboard style musical instrument.

Features:

• Switching between ‘x’ & ‘+’ key structure

• Easily select the number of rows and columns of keys and vertical/horizontal interval distances

• Converting touch events to the customizable MIDI control events

• Sliders with customizable MIDI functions

• Movable and resizable pedal

Notice:

This Audio Unit Plugin (AUv3) requires a host such as AUM, Audiobus or Cubasis.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 15.2
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Interesting

• Really interesting at $3.99 looks useful, wish there was more info, videos out there, time to look.

• Couldn’t find anything after a quick search but I’m very interested in this if anyone decides to give it a go.

• I bought it 😊

You can select midi in/out channel.

You can assign pitchbend, velocity or CC 1 to 64 to the left, right and bottom controller.

Line amount and column amount is number of rows/columns to be displayed.

You can assign Slide notes, pitchbend or CC 1 to 64 to the slide L-R/U-D inside/outside control.

Velocity force and pedal can be enabled.

• @White said:
    I bought it 😊

You can assign pitchbend, velocity or CC 1 to 64 to the left, right and bottom controller.

You can assign Slide notes, pitchbend or CC 1 to 64 to the slide L-R/U-D inside/outside control.

Yea, I’m definitely interested in the cc touch features.

Can you set scales?

• edited July 2022

It reminds me of Navichord or LK chorder keyboard thing with just notes. At least the look of the notes.

• This could be a good surface for the SWAM instruments.

• @Spud said:
    This could be a good surface for the SWAM instruments.

Definitely. I’m very curious, would love to see something first. Might pull the trigger. Curious about setting scales?

Actually I just noticed it looks like the picture @White provided shows the CMajor Scale as Grey, with the root note (C) a lighter grey.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Spud said:

Definitely. I’m very curious, would love to see something first. Might pull the trigger. Curious about setting scales?

Actually I just noticed it looks like the picture @White provided shows the CMajor Scale as Grey, with the root note (C) a lighter grey.

Yes I wish there was a manual or something on his website. It's literally just a pulsing orb of dots.

• edited July 2022

@Spud said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Spud said:

Yes I wish there was a manual or something on his website. It's literally just a pulsing orb of dots.

Maybe one of the YouTube creators will give it a test. @Gavinski @thesoundtestroom @jakoB_haQ Etc… 😉

• I’d love to know how this app deals with scales too. It seems like it’s perfect for a 4$ interface that could resemble a Linnstrument layout in fourths.
    Does anyone know how scales work i this?
    Also how much can you customize color?
    Thanks best forum dwellers

• @White said:
    I bought it 😊

Can u only select one midi out channel for the entire instance? Not different channels for different sliders etc?

• And what's the scaling like? I mean UI scaling and resizing

• I’ve had my eye on this one but very little info out there.

• Drop down menus on the website aren't working for me - maybe the site is not optimised for phone, or maybe not working at all, no idea

• Is it a standalone or AUv3 or IAA. I used TC-Data yesterday and realized how much I hate getting a window that obscures AUM completely. Jumping out of AUM seems like a bridge too far… and this is 4 years old with no updates.

• @White any additional info you can provide on this app, since you mentioned you purchased it..

@Gavinski said:
    And what's the scaling like? I mean UI scaling and resizing

When you get a chance, I’m Curious how this app has been performing, if you like it, etc..? now that you’ve had some time to mess with it. Thanks.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @White any additional info you can provide on this app, since you mentioned you purchased it..

@Gavinski said:

When you get a chance, I’m Curious how this app has been performing, if you like it, etc..? now that you’ve had some time to mess with it. Thanks.

I don't have it! No way to get in contact with the dev either, as far as I see

• edited August 2022

@Gavinski said:
    Can u only select one midi out channel for the entire instance? Not different channels for different sliders etc?

Yes, you can only select one midi out channel for the entire instance.

@Gavinski said:

It scales nicely, so you can resize without any problems.

@McD said:
    Is it a standalone or AUv3 or IAA. I used TC-Data yesterday and realized how much I hate getting a window that obscures AUM completely. Jumping out of AUM seems like a bridge too far… and this is 4 years old with no updates.

It is Auv3 only.

@Poppadocrock said:
    Can you set scales?

No you can not set scales, you can set intervals.

@tput73 said:
    how much can you customize color?

It is not possible to customize colors.

• @White said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes, you can only select one midi out channel for the entire instance.

@Gavinski said:

It scales nicely, so you can resize without any problems.

@McD said:
    Is it a standalone or AUv3 or IAA. I used TC-Data yesterday and realized how much I hate getting a window that obscures AUM completely. Jumping out of AUM seems like a bridge too far… and this is 4 years old with no updates.

It is Auv3 only.

@Poppadocrock said:
    Can you set scales?

No you can not set scales, you can set intervals.

@tput73 said:
    how much can you customize color?

It is not possible to customize colors.

Thanks - pity about not being able to set midi channels, it means you can only use pitch bend to control one destination.

Setting intervals sounds fine - that's custom scales basically, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Someone mentioned this being a good controller for Swam instruments? Geoshred would probably be a more flexible controller for mpe instruments, even monophonic ones.

• I almost pulled the trigger on this yesterday at the App Store- waited; went back today; no longer available.

• Now it’s available again. Hasn’t gotten much attention here but it looks like it might be useful?

• @Stochastically said:
    Now it’s available again. Hasn’t gotten much attention here but it looks like it might be useful?

Wonder if anyone has tried it yet?

• @HotStrange said:

@Stochastically said:
    Now it’s available again. Hasn’t gotten much attention here but it looks like it might be useful?

I went ahead and got it. It seemed possibly useful at the time but I've since lost interest. The interface is unusual so maybe it can put a new perspective on playing instruments if you pursue it. I generally don't like using the ipad as a playing surface anyway so not the best judge.

• @Stochastically said:

@HotStrange said:

@Stochastically said:

I went ahead and got it. It seemed possibly useful at the time but I've since lost interest. The interface is unusual so maybe it can put a new perspective on playing instruments if you pursue it. I generally don't like using the ipad as a playing surface anyway so not the best judge.

Appreciate the response. I like the iPad as a playing surface so it does interest me. It’s isomorphic right? I’m curious if it offers anything over Geoshred/Velocity Keyboard.