Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which app should I get - Crystalline, Samplewiz 2, or Thermo Synth

I'm going to make Ambient today and want a new toy to play with.

Samplewiz 2 looks like an incredible sampler! Crystalline sounds incredible, but I did enter @Gavinski 's drawing! Thermosynth looks absolutely fun. Which one should I get in an hour? (If something else, let me know as well.)

Comments

• Thermo. It’s as if Karl-Heinz Stockhausen and John Cage had a baby.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Thermo. It’s as if Karl-Heinz Stockhausen and John Cage had a baby.

If that isn't the most convincing reason to get Thermo, I don't know what is! 😃 I think then that's what I'll snag.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Samplewiz 2 looks like an incredible sampler! Crystalline sounds incredible, but I did enter @Gavinski 's drawing! Thermosynth looks absolutely fun. Which one should I get in an hour? (If something else, let me know as well.)

Thermo - you have plenty of reverbs already. Crystalline is great but Thermo is totally and utterly unique. SampleWiz is nice but for weird shit, Thermo is hard to beat, as long as you don't have a small ipad screen

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Thermo - you have plenty of reverbs already. Crystalline is great but Thermo is totally and utterly unique. SampleWiz is nice but for weird shit, Thermo is hard to beat, as long as you don't have a small ipad screen

I got a 12.9" Pro. That settles it. Weird shit it is! 🤣

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I got a 12.9" Pro. That settles it. Weird shit it is! 🤣

You'll love it! I love your conversion from trance / edm etc to ambient btw!

• That’s tough since there 3 completely different apps.

@Gavinski definitely loves thermo he’s been using in videos when it’s the focus, that’s a sure sign a Content creator loves an app even if they don’t specifically mention it. Like he has kindly done above.

• Here it is mates. :) I went with Thermo Synth afterall.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50788/jwm-sinister-thermostat-dark-industrial-ambient/p1?new=1

@Gavinski said:

Your hunch was correct mate. :) Thermo Synth is wonderful. I don't even know what half of the controls do, but it makes fun random noise, and it's a great app!

I'm glad you dig my conversion mate. :) Makes me feel humbled. I still like to produce EDM/Trance and have a remix on Sash!'s upcoming single (out 15th July 2022), but collaborative efforts aside, I just don't get the same thrill producing that kind of music anymore. Whereas with live producing Ambient, I'm "in the zone". I can produce it quicker than EDM/Trance, and I love what I concoct.

@Poppadocrock @Philandering_Bastard Yep, as said to Gavinski, I got Thermo Synth. YES, it's just as awesome as I had hoped it would be. :smiley:

• Thank you all! I have been having a similar internal debate about: Thermo and Crystalline, but I am truly leaning towards Thermo because after the first demo video dropped I haven’t been able to drop it from my mind.

• I hate these or decisions when the answer is pretty obviously and... money is such a pain for artists. We need it to make the art we cannot sell.

• @McD said:
    I hate these or decisions when the answer is pretty obviously and... money is such a pain for artists. We need it to make the art we cannot sell.

Well I probably should've been more specific, lol. It's more "what I should purchase today", not "I'm never buying Samplewiz 2 and Crystalline". :lol: You damn well know I'm going to get the other two soon. I just had a bad case of GAS and needed SOMETHING new to play with today. Hopefully @Gavinski chooses me to win Crystalline, hint hint wink wink hello. :lol: (In that case, I'm never buying Crystalline, because I would've won it.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@McD said:
    I hate these or decisions when the answer is pretty obviously and... money is such a pain for artists. We need it to make the art we cannot sell.

Well I probably should've been more specific, lol. It's more "what I should purchase today", not "I'm never buying Samplewiz 2 and Crystalline". :lol: You damn well know I'm going to get the other two soon. I just had a bad case of GAS and needed SOMETHING new to play with today. Hopefully @Gavinski chooses me to win Crystalline, hint hint wink wink hello. :lol: (In that case, I'm never buying Crystalline, because I would've won it.)

I hope you win but I'm sure Gavinski uses a perfect randomizer to pick the winners so place your bets. I have stopped waiting to win and just take money from the kid's piggy banks or
    avoid paying the electric company since I have battery packs.

• @McD said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@McD said:

I hope you win but I'm sure Gavinski uses a perfect randomizer to pick the winners so place your bets. I have stopped waiting to win and just take money from the kid's piggy banks or

:lol: If I don't win, that means I have to wait for Thursday. :lol: I have to wait until Thursday to grab Samplewiz 2 anyways, and that's pure torture on my artist's soul. :lol: (I'm joking of course, but my gig on Wednesday can't come soon enough.)

• I personally just don’t want to buy EVERYTHING. I feel weird having everything but only using 25% of it. I’m trying to be choosy. I know the moment Crystalline goes on sale I will bite 😂

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I personally just don’t want to buy EVERYTHING. I feel weird having everything but only using 25% of it. I’m trying to be choosy. I know the moment Crystalline goes on sale I will bite 😂

LOL! That's fair. I want Crystalline right now. Have to wait for Thursday. 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Here it is mates. :) I went with Thermo Synth afterall.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50788/jwm-sinister-thermostat-dark-industrial-ambient/p1?new=1

@Gavinski said:

Your hunch was correct mate. :) Thermo Synth is wonderful. I don't even know what half of the controls do, but it makes fun random noise, and it's a great app!

I'm glad you dig my conversion mate. :) Makes me feel humbled. I still like to produce EDM/Trance and have a remix on Sash!'s upcoming single (out 15th July 2022), but collaborative efforts aside, I just don't get the same thrill producing that kind of music anymore. Whereas with live producing Ambient, I'm "in the zone". I can produce it quicker than EDM/Trance, and I love what I concoct.

@Poppadocrock @Philandering_Bastard Yep, as said to Gavinski, I got Thermo Synth. YES, it's just as awesome as I had hoped it would be. :smiley:

Excellent! Will listen to your piece later. The manual is good. Once you learn how to use one of Sinan's apps properly the rest are generally easy enough to get (with exception of Starwaves which is a different beast entirely and which i plan to dive into soon

• @McD said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@McD said:

I use this, with settings to ignore duplicate comments but allow replies https://commentpicker.com/youtube.php

For twitter and Insta i use a random number generator based on the retweet / quote tweet / comments or whatever the criteria is 👍

• Glad you went with Thermo, I think you’ll love it. That and Fundamental are 2 of my all time favorite apps. I do love SampleWiz 2 though, and have done some cool stuff with it. Like you, I’m still holding out for Crystalline (I also entered the drawing), but I know I’ll have it eventually either way

• @Gavinski said:
    Excellent! Will listen to your piece later. The manual is good. Once you learn how to use one of Sinan's apps properly the rest are generally easy enough to get (with exception of Starwaves which is a different beast entirely and which i plan to dive into soon

Cool! I'll definitely check the manual. Hopefully it's straightforward and not like trying to read an audio science term paper. 🤣

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

I use this, with settings to ignore duplicate comments but allow replies https://commentpicker.com/youtube.php

For twitter and Insta i use a random number generator based on the retweet / quote tweet / comments or whatever the criteria is 👍

Ah cool. :) C'mon commentpicker...pick me! 🤞🙏🫶 Lol!

@HotStrange said:
    Glad you went with Thermo, I think you’ll love it. That and Fundamental are 2 of my all time favorite apps. I do love SampleWiz 2 though, and have done some cool stuff with it. Like you, I’m still holding out for Crystalline (I also entered the drawing), but I know I’ll have it eventually either way

Same here. Thermo has treated me well so far. I hope both of us win. :)

• Judging by the music you make, I say Thermo Synth would suit you the best (Though I don't currently own it). Glad you went with it.

• @eylvy said:
    Judging by the music you make, I say Thermo Synth would suit you the best (Though I don't currently own it). Glad you went with it.

It definitely did suit me best! It's glitchy heaven!

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

And making the preset system work only requires the occasional goat sacrifice. No biggie.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

And making the preset system work only requires the occasional goat sacrifice. No biggie.

Yeah that's the major problem. Worst preset system known to mankind. Apart from that, brilliant. I just save my own presets in AUM

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

Cool! I'll definitely check the manual. Hopefully it's straightforward and not like trying to read an audio science term paper. 🤣

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

@HotStrange said:
    Glad you went with Thermo, I think you’ll love it. That and Fundamental are 2 of my all time favorite apps. I do love SampleWiz 2 though, and have done some cool stuff with it. Like you, I’m still holding out for Crystalline (I also entered the drawing), but I know I’ll have it eventually either way

Unfortunately neither of us did 😂 how do you like Thermo so far?

• I'm telling you.... Don't even think about it. Buy thermo as long as you have a full size ipad. And read the manual. It's an incredible instrument

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

@HotStrange said:

Love it a lot! I went with VHS synth for today's Ambient project. I'll be using Thermo again soon.

@Gavinski said:
    I'm telling you.... Don't even think about it. Buy thermo as long as you have a full size ipad. And read the manual. It's an incredible instrument

Haha. I bought Thermo and made a track in it already. 😃 I also bought Crystalline today and used that. Samplewiz can wait for a bit since I have Bleass' Granulizer, and basically can use that for granular sounds.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

@HotStrange said:

Love it a lot! I went with VHS synth for today's Ambient project. I'll be using Thermo again soon.

@Gavinski said:
    I'm telling you.... Don't even think about it. Buy thermo as long as you have a full size ipad. And read the manual. It's an incredible instrument

Haha. I bought Thermo and made a track in it already. 😃 I also bought Crystalline today and used that. Samplewiz can wait for a bit since I have Bleass' Granulizer, and basically can use that for granular sounds.

Awesome! I love Thermo but haven’t used it nearly enough. Have you used their other newer sampler type app? It’s fun!

• I would say: Your appetite for new stuff is getting through the roof.
    And a roof you need when it's start raining.
    I often got that feeling of: "I need that latest thing so badly, then it can be so inspirational and take me to a higher level"
    Well, i can't do that stuff anymore, because i realised that it's not the next new toy, but knowledge and the bottom of my wallet that's important.
    What would Van Gogh do if he got access to Photoshop or Procreate? I think, he would continue his stripy, dotty and colourful work on that, because he is good at it. Same as Stockhausen if he got access to a DAW. Knowledge and inspiration are the tools.
    I often got enthusiastic about things that i come across, and then i replicate it. Halfway i got bored about it, because i realised it doesn't have my personal identity.
    And oh, i got a little secret for you about machines :)

https://motion-soundscape.blogspot.com/2019/11/tnmoc-samples.html

Keep up the good work!

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@McD said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Awesome! I love Thermo but haven’t used it nearly enough. Have you used their other newer sampler type app? It’s fun!

I'll definitely have to take a look, but @Identor makes a valid point about controlling my GAS levels. :) I think I need to chill a bit. 😅

@Identor said:
    I would say: Your appetite for new stuff is getting through the roof.
    And a roof you need when it's start raining.
    I often got that feeling of: "I need that latest thing so badly, then it can be so inspirational and take me to a higher level"
    Well, i can't do that stuff anymore, because i realised that it's not the next new toy, but knowledge and the bottom of my wallet that's important.
    What would Van Gogh do if he got access to Photoshop or Procreate? I think, he would continue his stripy, dotty and colourful work on that, because he is good at it. Same as Stockhausen if he got access to a DAW. Knowledge and inspiration are the tools.
    I often got enthusiastic about things that i come across, and then i replicate it. Halfway i got bored about it, because i realised it doesn't have my personal identity.

Believe it or not, but after my second generative experiment that didn't use Gauss, I realised I really love using Gauss and missed it terribly. I think for my next piece, I'll try something generative, but record it into Gauss and record that live. Getting back to David Lynch style pieces.

And oh, i got a little secret for you about machines :)

https://motion-soundscape.blogspot.com/2019/11/tnmoc-samples.html

What a gold mine! 😱 Thanks mate! The only type of sample pack I'd ever bother with outside of "Sounds of KSHMR" packs.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate. 😃 Will do!

• To buy or not to buy?

• Only you know what you need in terms of apps.