Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why is Drambo gate length not 100%

Hello Drambo fans!

I've got this question for quite some time and still couldn't wrap my head around it.
When I'm inputing nodes through the step sequencer like this:

I expect the note length to match the number of selected steps (4 steps here). Why oh why does it always default to this length MINUS a tiny amount, like this?

Sure enough I've though about the gate but its default value is 100%

Is there a workaround for this? I can't understand why is this the default behavior (and why it's desirable). Thank you!

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet When do we get the option to set the default gate-time for steps and note-events? :sunglasses:

• There will be an option for this in upcoming update.

(default step sequencer step-fill is 0.5 to make use of ADSR envelopes)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    There will be an option for this in upcoming update.

(default step sequencer step-fill is 0.5 to make use of ADSR envelopes)

Thank for the answer 👍 So there's no workaround other than tweaking the piano roll now? This leads me to another piano-roll bug/concern. If I want to stretch a chord, I need to select all notes likes this and then drag the right side of them. However here's the issue:

only the highlighted part is active / able to move / stretch notes. For instance, with this selection, notes appear selected but you can't stretch them as their right side is not part of the initially drawn selection.

There's no way but to make another larger selection at the moment. It's probably related to the piano-roll selection bug I've reported in the past and which has been fixed since then.

What do you think @giku_beepstreet? Is this the intended behavior maybe?

Thank you!

• Midi mapping for gate length would be something

• @DblU said:
    Midi mapping for gate length would be something

Good idea! It's worth changing it during note entry indeed. Plus an on-screen vertical slider to adjust it in a certain range, like a pitch bend/modwheel strip next to the keyboard but for note length when needed.

• @jsmonzani & @giku_beepstreet
    Looks like a bug. After a group of notes is highlighted, all of these notes should be editable in position and length, independent from the selection frame.

• edited June 2022

@jsmonzani We don't need a workarround, there is a GATE editor, where you can set all of them with a single swipe.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    @jsmonzani We don't need a workarround, there is a GATE editor, where you can set all of them with a single swipe.

And that works fine if all the notes start on even 16th steps.
    Grid lines in the gate-editor could be handy to accurately set the note-length/gate-time.
    Sometimes a gate time needs to be a bit longer to overlap the next note.

• edited June 2022

@giku_beepstreet and @rs2000 thank you both for your answers, very appreciated!

Indeed I've managed to get what I wanted with the gate editor: the trick was to change the scale on top from "x1" to say "x4": this way, I can elongate notes up to perfectly 4 beats for instance.

(I initially though the gate was a way to shorten the notes relative to their initial length).

Also thank you @Samu !

It's still not perfect if I want some chords to have smaller lengths than others while perfectly snapping to the grid but I'll do with it.