Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux Pro vs LFOH (as LFOs) - which do you prefer and why?

Flux Pro vs LFOH - which do you prefer and why?

Comments

• Flux Pro is a beast. I love the interface and how the shape can be manipulated by touch 🤩

• Seems like we're comparing apples to oranges to be honest, lol. I'm looking at both. Somehow, I've purchased LFOH! and never got around to mucking about in it yet. However, it looks like a simpler tool than Flux Pro. From what I've gathered, LFOH! can send out MIDI CC signals. I didn't see that in Flux Pro's description, unless I missed something.

Then again, Flux Pro seems like a massive beast of a multfx unit as @Stuntman_mike said, whereas LFOH! has the capability of affecting the amplitude of an incoming audio signal.

So, questions. Can Flux Pro send out MIDI CC signals to control the parameters of other AUv3s? And how slow can Flux Pro go? :lol:

• Hi @jwmmakerofmusic, yes Flux Pro can send out MIDI CC signals!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Hi @jwmmakerofmusic, yes Flux Pro can send out MIDI CC signals!

Oh I'm buying it tomorrow then! :lol: The full control over LFO curves and such is too good to not add to my Ambient toolkit!

• Indeed, I was only talking about them in the context of using as lfos. It seems Flux Pro can do this (though also from an FX slot rather than a midi slot?) but i haven't looked into it much - LFOH i have used more extensively.

• edited June 2022

And @jwmmakerofmusic not sure if this what you are looking for syncs to as slow as 32 bars

• Yes - flux can definitely send all 3 curves out as cc.

• Flux was already a favorite before learning this…, Gavinski, I miss your deep dives!

• @gothamoddisee said:
    …, Gavinski, I miss your deep dives!

+1

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Flux was already a favorite before learning this…, Gavinski, I miss your deep dives!

@BirbHope said:

@gothamoddisee said:

+1

Thanks guys, those were fun times! Just tooo much work though, and when I ended up with complications after my cataract operations, I decided I'd be crazy to continue down that route. At least I made a few vids that I'm pretty sure people will still be watching ten years from now, like the Aprillo tutorial ✌️

• @Gavinski said:

@gothamoddisee said:
    Flux was already a favorite before learning this…, Gavinski, I miss your deep dives!

@BirbHope said:

@gothamoddisee said:

+1

Thanks guys, those were fun times! Just tooo much work though, and when I ended up with complications after my cataract operations, I decided I'd be crazy to continue down that route. At least I made a few vids that I'm pretty sure people will still be watching ten years from now, like the Aprillo tutorial ✌️

Absolutely, completely understandable. Of course.
    I didnt realize you had been through that with your eyes. Truly sorry to hear that. I really hope things have improved.
    Fwiw, Im actually new to the iOS music platform and your vids have been indispensable. Funny you should mention the Aprillo one. Just this week I was watching one of your tutorials and in it you mentioned that Aprillo one and, I believe, Xynthesizr. I had a gift card balance and bought both apps in anticipation of learning from those vids.
    Haven’t had the chance to see them yet, but very much look forward to it.

• @BirbHope said:

@Gavinski said:

@gothamoddisee said:

@BirbHope said:

@gothamoddisee said:

+1

Absolutely, completely understandable. Of course.
    I didnt realize you had been through that with your eyes. Truly sorry to hear that. I really hope things have improved.
    Fwiw, Im actually new to the iOS music platform and your vids have been indispensable. Funny you should mention the Aprillo one. Just this week I was watching one of your tutorials and in it you mentioned that Aprillo one and, I believe, Xynthesizr. I had a gift card balance and bought both apps in anticipation of learning from those vids.
    Haven’t had the chance to see them yet, but very much look forward to it.

Great! Really like both of those vids, hope you find them useful!

• A bit different, but I'm quite a fan of mLFO

• @FastGhost said:
    A bit different, but I'm quite a fan of mLFO

This is actually one I don't have yet. 👍

• Just picked it up a few days ago, but so far Flux Pro is the next best thing to having desktop’s Shaperbox on iOS. Easily the best modulation/fx tool I’ve used on the platform. Lots of potential to improve it even further with more effects — and I’d buy em in a heartbeat if they were IAP expansions.

I still love Sugar Bytes Wow/Looperator/Turnado for the versatility of fx, but Flux wins hands down for the ease and speed of designing custom mod patterns.

• @Eschatone said:
    Just picked it up a few days ago, but so far Flux Pro is the next best thing to having desktop’s Shaperbox on iOS. Easily the best modulation/fx tool I’ve used on the platform. Lots of potential to improve it even further with more effects — and I’d buy em in a heartbeat if they were IAP expansions.

I still love Sugar Bytes Wow/Looperator/Turnado for the versatility of fx, but Flux wins hands down for the ease and speed of designing custom mod patterns.

I second the Flux Pro recommendation. And if you don't have the time or inclination to dive deeply into the app, they have quite a few usable presets.

• @NeuM said:

@Eschatone said:
    Just picked it up a few days ago, but so far Flux Pro is the next best thing to having desktop’s Shaperbox on iOS. Easily the best modulation/fx tool I’ve used on the platform. Lots of potential to improve it even further with more effects — and I’d buy em in a heartbeat if they were IAP expansions.

I second the Flux Pro recommendation. And if you don't have the time or inclination to dive deeply into the app, they have quite a few usable presets.

Yep, it's brilliant. LFOH! Is nice, being cheap is a bonus, but flux pro is more flexible - and that's just talking as an lfo, never mind the amazing sound design possibilities using fx. Caelum Audio's best app to date by a country mile.