Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus gathering in the UK this summer?

This may not seem like such a great idea tomorrow morning but tonight it sounds wicked!

Audiobus gathering
  1. Wanna do it?11 votes
    1. Awesome idea!
      45.45%
    2. Crap idea!
        0.00%
    3. Too far dude...
      54.55%

Comments

• Cornwalls nice this time of year

• edited June 2014

Lol. Your place it is then...

• I'm up for some drinks if I'm free! In awe of some people's musicianship on here.

• If it was in Yorkshire, I'd come!

• Cornwall sounds good to me. I'm more than happy to camp. Got battery set up so could even do without a wall socket.

• £105 return from London Paddington to Truro Cornwall. This is the kind of stuff that needs to be organised months in advance. Good idea but I'll pass.

• I don't think rock'n'roll was can be organized in advance. There must be someone else here from London, car share? If it's when my family is away I could offer a place in my car for petrol dosh.

• There, that's squared up the half n half. I'm close to London. Easy to hop on a train. Wouldn't it be great to find a space with a PA and all hook up our iWotsits and jam? Yes, it would.

• Could even do 3 ways if there's one more soul. We may need to set a body weight limit ;) sometime in the 2nd week of of august best for me.

• Like I said this is a very good idea and yes rock'n'roll can be organised :) Infact, it is very organised; you just don't go out and tour. You plan the gigs and then rock them out. Glastonbury. Every year. Every thing planned in advance. If there was 50 or so iOS producers living within London for example, it becomes very easy to organise jams or whatever. A database of all UK iOS producers could be a starting point to working out a strategy for this kind of thing. Some people have to work around families and the 9-5 so it ain't easy to just pack and go to ........ Manchester, Liverpool or to Glasgow.

If three or four guys or more turn up in Cornwall that's a start I suppose and next time there could be fifteen so if you guys can start something then it could become a yearly thing?

• You're talking spreadsheets and I'm talking jams. I know where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong though. I have a job, family and finishing my masters so can hardly breath myself but fortunately I have some time in August so I thought why not. We're hardly organizing a festival or a tour. I've played biggish gigs in my life, and especially with headlines I always ended up missing the last orders or having to pack up my gear while others were having their rock'n'roll or even worse, couldn't drink because of driving. My best experiences have always been with a bunch of mates and a few instruments until sunrise, but that's me.

• Is there any technology robust enough to support say twenty of us jamming online? Otherwise, I'm with Supadom on this - something manageable and fun. I can't get down to Cornwall very easily but there's a big room going in Wimbledon for not a lot. Easy to hook up and jam and there's a pub opposite :-)

• @Supadom. Practical ideas are coming in. Online jamming? Now that's super tech talk but how and when? I love to jam and have fun but this is not a trip out with mates as you know what your mates are doing most of the time. This would be a trip with a diverse set of people and it takes some organising. It would be great if we can organise some kind of a UK jam session but it's all about location, time and availability. So yes in a sense we have to have a little bit of a spreadsheet to pull this off.

I am now on holiday for two weeks but most of my time would be spent fine tuning my next album or rather next bunch of 15 songs or so.

As a Londoner, Wimbledon is a good idea but as a location could be a journey too far for some. Now that we have a great idea lets build on it. I'm sure Doug has space to accommodate iOS musos for a day but Cornwall though idyllic seems too far away. So we need to look for a more "central" kind of location but we need to know how many UK based iOS musos would want to participate and then work from there.

Or, all UK based Audiobuskers can just collaborate on some music. As someone with an album out on iTunes, I have some skills to share.

• Sorry man didn't mean to feel condescending @FrankieJay . I guess I see it more out of curiosity about people as much as music. Basically making music probably wouldn't be on the top of my list even though a few jams would be great. I'm also more for hanging in the fields than in cities when it comes to time off. The Wimbledon space sounds cool, maybe an idea for a London ios music group?

• There's a slim chance I could make it to Wimbledon. Would love to jam and share ideas.

• I might even have an air by then ;)