Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"A.I." (Machine Learning Algorithms) To Generate Art

Comments

• probably for the best

• @monz0id said:

@AudioGus said:

@monz0id said:

@AudioGus said:

Is it scraping when a human learns from a photo? Asking for a friend.

Learns? You mean using photo reference?

You can use one as derivative reference, with permission. So no, not like scraping.

With permission?

Yes. Unless it’s very loosely used.

Diffusion rendering is pretty much the equivalent of 'very loosely used'.

• edited August 2022

With permission?

Yes.

So if I wanted to learn to draw like Bill Watterson I need to ask his permission?

I miss Bill. My son was watching some animated Fan art of Calvin & Hobbes the other day (no permission granted I am sure)...and it looked amazing.

• @echoopera said:

With permission?

Yes.

So if I wanted to learn to draw like Bill Watterson I need to ask his permission?

I miss Bill. My son was watching some animated Fan art of Calvin & Hobbes the other day (no permission granted I am sure)...and it looked amazing.

hehe, sounds like Napoleon Dynamite called.

• edited August 2022

@AudioGus Is there some "secret" sauce to get things to look good out of Dream Studio. All of my stuff looks like my 1st year of using LightWave 6 after reading the Dan Ablan books backwards. :smile:

• edited August 2022

@echoopera said:
    @AudioGus Is there some "secret" sauce to get things to look good out of Dream Studio. All of my stuff looks like my 1st year of using LightWave 6 after reading the Dan Ablan books backwards. :smile:

It likes lots and lots and lots of words. It is raw output unlike MJ which is more initially steered, or some such thing.

At least that has been my experience with the kind of stuff I have been using it for.

• edited August 2022

So, Dream Studio Image Creator thing-a-ma-bob, please make me a, "Photo realistic image of a man standing next to a fountain in downtown New York City, high definition, depth of field, camera aberrations, near sunset twilight hour, slight wind in the air, background blurred but filled with buildings, traffic and trees and people..."

something like that?

I ask, cause I just have 1 credit left on the Dream Studio :wink: and I want to use it wisely. HAHAH!

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

It likes lots and lots and lots of words. It is raw output unlike MJ which is more initially steered, or some such thing.

At least that has been my experience with the kind of stuff I have been using it for.

Interesting, so far, it's not been successful for me either. Hmm 🤔

• @NeuM
    Machine learning and (eventually) artificial intelligence and general purpose robots are going to replace literally ALL professionals who have spent a lifetime honing their craft.

@monz0id
    Quite unpleasant actually.

I can sympathize with both the nays and yays.

I recall in the late 90s when the president of Macromedia (remember them? they were swallowed by Adobe) proclaiming that the internet would bring full time never-ending employment for graphic designers. Ha!
    But now, also thanks to the internet we can easily find examples of all the art ever done from every age.

After Modernism, when it seemed that every conceivable kind of image possibility had already been discovered, came Postmodernism and pastiche. Using bits and pieces of everything you wanted to pick from any era. And now we’re in the Post-postmodern era.

Artists have always built from the examples of past artists although some could argue that there are inspired visions without precedent. But where do they come from? The Ether? The Collective Unconscious maybe.

Nevertheless, in spite of the legitimate worries brought up here, I would like to experiment with all this stuff too. Everything I’ve seen here gives me ideas I want to try out.

• edited August 2022

@echoopera said:
    So, Dream Studio Image Creator thing-a-ma-bob, please make me a, "Photo realistic image of a man standing next to a fountain in downtown New York City, high definition, depth of field, camera aberrations, near sunset twilight hour, slight wind in the air, background blurred but filled with buildings, traffic and trees and people..."

something like that?

I ask, cause I just have 1 credit left on the Dream Studio :wink: and I want to use it wisely. HAHAH!

Maybe! I don't know. That is nothing like the stuff I have made. Also, I got to indulge in the unlimited beta phase and made around 14,000 images over a two week period which helped me to learn how to prompt it for my needs. Now i use the google collab notebook which is practically unlimited rendering. One thing I do find is that the phrasing is very important and the words at the beginning tend to have more weight.

• edited August 2022

Yep...each system is different...but I'll stick with MJ for now since I am enjoying it...seems like Stable Diffusion is coming to the platform (early Betas looked amazing) so I'll just wait for the integration while I hone my craft of fantasy thinking thru words :smile:

• edited August 2022

@echoopera said:
    Yep...each system is different...but I'll stick with MJ for now since I am enjoying it...seems like Stable Diffusion is coming to the platform (early Betas looked amazing) so I'll just wait for the integration while I hone my craft of fantasy thinking thru words :smile:

oh hey, I think you can join the stable diffusion discord and look through the old dream channels from the beta to see peoples prompts. Yah that would be a good thing to do...

https://discord.gg/stablediffusion

• @waka_x said:

stablediffusion

Follies of Baroque - an AI study by yours truly.

Ha! Looks like Album Covers of Igorrr :) At least, i think the music suits.

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

oh hey, I think you can join the stable diffusion discord and look through the old dream channels from the beta to see peoples prompts. Yah that would be a good thing to do...

Cool. Connecting now...thanks.

• @Identor said:

@waka_x said:

stablediffusion

Follies of Baroque - an AI study by yours truly.

Ha! Looks like Album Covers of Igorrr :) At least, i think the music suits.

heh, reminds me of ohgr

• @echoopera
    You should start making your own version of the Voynich Manuscript :)

• edited August 2022

@Identor said:
    @echoopera
    You should start making your own version of the Voynich Manuscript :)

Shhhhh. :wink:

So glad you picked up on the thread. :smiley:

• edited August 2022

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

Cool. Connecting now...thanks.

oh and if you use the envelop emoji on a post it will send you the picture and the prompt as a DM so you can easily collect them.

• edited August 2022

@Stochastically said:

I recall in the late 90s when the president of Macromedia (remember them? they were swallowed by Adobe) proclaiming that the internet would bring full time never-ending employment for graphic designers. Ha!
    But now, also thanks to the internet we can easily find examples of all the art ever done from every age.

After Modernism, when it seemed that every conceivable kind of image possibility had already been discovered, came Postmodernism and pastiche. Using bits and pieces of everything you wanted to pick from any era. And now we’re in the Post-postmodern era.

Artists have always built from the examples of past artists although some could argue that there are inspired visions without precedent. But where do they come from? The Ether? The Collective Unconscious maybe.

>

Yeah, I went to an event at Macromedia’s offices in Bracknell when I was head of design for a nearby corporate. I’ve still got a branded pen here I think. Probably trying to sell us 300 copies of Fireworks!

I’m going to bow out of this thread now, as there’s only one member who seems to be getting the point of my unease about this. It’s not that it’s getting ‘inspiration’ from existing artists work, but that I’m told it’s directly scraped content without permission or credit.

That’s a massive no, from me, and I’m not going to waste any more time or effort defending my point of view, so enjoy the wallpaper, and please don’t tag me with stupid comments about ‘ether’ and ‘collective unconscious’.

Ta.

• @monz0id said:
    It’s not that it’s getting ‘inspiration’ from existing artists work, but that I’m told it’s directly scraped content without permission or credit.

I think your claim is inaccurate and unjustified. The Common Crawl scraping is picking up parts of contents from web pages it finds, always respecting the "robots.txt" disallow sections (and similar). It is essentially only picking up what the web admins have said are available content. If artists have exposed work on such sites, I'm sure they have clicked "I accept" to the terms with the little text saying that content will be available for users.
    Common Crawl is a non-profit organization that says they'll democratize access to web data, not letting the big commercial players be alone in this.

• edited August 2022

I totally get and share your unease monzOid. I also don't like that apparently corporations have the rights of an individual human... yet here we are.

As for using reference images, I have hundred of thousands of images that I have saved off of the internet to study from over the years, so I guess I am complicit too in the act of manual -right click -save as 'scraping'.

• edited August 2022
  • edited August 2022

Various points of view on the ethical / copyright side, games/entertainment industry focused....

https://kotaku.com/ai-art-dall-e-midjourney-stable-diffusion-copyright-1849388060/amp

• Cool articles, agreed it's new ground and TBD what happens, but it's better to discuss than being alarmist.

• This is from nightcafe.

As you can directly start without anything it’s the lowest threshold so far. 5 pieces a day and also cumulating is cool. (https://creator.nightcafe.studio/create)

But: midjourney is the king still.

I am on the waiting list to Dall-e2 maybe this will take some time ?!

• Quick Question about Dall-E credits. Do the credits run on the calendar month, or do they run on a monthly basis based on when you sign up?

I got 50 free credits the first month and want to know if I should try to use them up before the end of August or I’m good until a month from sign up? Thanks.

• Found this… Many great resources for prompts and modifiers.

Links, pdfs, etc…
    https://dallery.gallery/prompt-resources-tools-ai-art/

• edited August 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Quick Question about Dall-E credits. Do the credits run on the calendar month, or do they run on a monthly basis based on when you sign up?

I got 50 free credits the first month and want to know if I should try to use them up before the end of August or I’m good until a month from sign up? Thanks.

Those 50 free credits will expire in 30 days from your sign up date. Purchased credits expire after a year.