Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your favorite sandbox

13»

Comments

• @R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

@R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

@db909 said:

@krassmann said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Gadget pretty much. Invested near or over $1000 on the bloody thing (including all Gadget-compatible apps and all of the IAPs), and it was worth every last dollar. 😂 (Plus despite a lack of major feature updates, Korg seem pretty decent at upkeeping it.)

How can you spend 1000 on Gadget? I have all the Gadgets except the ones you get from other Korg apps. And I think during sale I spend about 100. Even if you bought all the other Korg apps it‘s still not even 500. Did you additionally buy Gadget for desktop?

Anyway, I would also vote for Gadget. If you like clip based sequencing like with Ableton Live then you found your Groovebox. If you use Ableton or Bitwig on the desktop then even more so. I’m using Bitwig and I also bought Korg’s Gadget Collection which is all the Gadgets as VSTs. Since you can export your projects from Korg Gadget on the iPad as Ableton Live Set then you can open it with Ableton or Bitwig and they sound exactly the same as on the iPad because it loads the Gadget VSTs then. This makes Gadget on iPad the perfect musical sketchbook on the go. Another great thing is the native support for the inexpensive Korg controllers nanoKeys Studio, nanoKontrol Studio and nanoKontrol 2. The nanoKeys Studio follows the key and scale that is selected in Gadget and then the chord pads and scale mode of the NKS is set accordingly. Also the 8 knobs are automatically mapped to the Gadget knobs. IMHO this is the mobile composing dream team and even without any cables.

Getting back into gadget after a long love/hate relationship, all thanks to the amazing Darwin. Here’s the dilemma: do I get the nanokeys studio or do I use KB-1 on my iPhone as a controller? With KB-1 I have chord pads, drum pads, arp, repeat, and severa other goodies, Which can easily be saved as a gadget preset. what I don’t have is tactile control and the phone is small. How worth it is it?

Using an iPhone and additionally to the small screen even switching between KB-1 and Gadget must be a torture. I think buying the NKS will be a great relief. The pads of the NKS are chord pads for synths and drum pads for drum gadgets. In chord mode they are always 7th chords - no way to change that. The NKS also has an arp that is in sync with Gadget‘s tempo. The knobs‘s mappings depends on the gadget. Keys and pads are velocity sensitive. The keys are enough for some playing but they won‘t make a keyboarder happy but still a huge improvement over an on-screen keyboard. I think the NKS is a must have for any Gadget user. It is very portable. Unfortunately Korg‘s config app is only for desktop but it‘s real value is that you can create custom CC mappings. For use with Gadget that‘s irrelevant.

Agree, if I’d be using Gadget exclusively on iPhone I’d definitely get a NKS.
    I mostly work on my my iPad and don’t feel the urge (+ too lazy) to get my NKS out :)

I think the expressiveness of the velocity and the tactile interface is worth taking it out. I also hate recording on-screen knob movements. But surely this is a matter of personal taste.

Yes, velocity input is a big plus when using the NKS, I truly miss that with the on-screen keys.
    On-screen knob movements works for me (Knob Gesture set to Linear). I don’t like the idea that the NKS knobs transmit half resolution, not good for my filter sweeeepz ;)

Right, the knob resolution of the NKS is so stupid. I don’t know what Korg was thinking. It’s true that this is bad for smooth filter sweeps but it’s tolerable for synth tweaking when designing sounds. Nonetheless one of the big downsides of the NKS.

• @krassmann said:
    The NKS also has an arp that is in sync with Gadget‘s tempo.

I like my NKS: it's just the right size, and it can share my lap with a cat. That said, I believe the arp syncs only with a cabled MIDI connection. If you're using Bluetooth, the keyboard's internal clock will not be the same as Gadget's.

• @dokwok2 said:

@krassmann said:
    The NKS also has an arp that is in sync with Gadget‘s tempo.

I like my NKS: it's just the right size, and it can share my lap with a cat. That said, I believe the arp syncs only with a cabled MIDI connection. If you're using Bluetooth, the keyboard's internal clock will not be the same as Gadget's.

I have to check that. I could swear the arp syncs also when connected via Bluetooth.