Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I Dream Of Tangerine / Track 600

edited April 2022 in Creations

2x CubeSynthPro, @Spidericemidas AddStation Sound Design “Donner” and Microsonic.

Comments

• Oh yeah! This is going to be a fun album for a lot of uses around the house.

I'll slip you a cool recipe: Reason Compact requires unlocking to get to the arp but it's really, really special and it's synth engine (Europa) is magical. I'd love to hear an improv based on it's arp and that synth.

Here's one of my Reason Compact tracks I made with it when it came out as an example of the arp quality and the synth gorgeousness:

• @McD said:
    Oh yeah! This is going to be a fun album for a lot of uses around the house.

I'll slip you a cool recipe: Reason Compact requires unlocking to get to the arp but it's really, really special and it's synth engine (Europa) is magical. I'd love to hear an improv based on it's arp and that synth.

Here's one of my Reason Compact tracks I made with it when it came out as an example of the arp quality and the synth gorgeousness:

This song has a nice Kraftwerk quality to it.

• edited April 2022

Nice use of that Donner preset, thanks! As @NeuM says, there is a Kraftwerk vibe about both these tracks @McD . @LinearLineman Hall of Mirrors, maybe? Kind of robotic and bleak.
    600th track!? Wow you are so productive!
    Great stuff 👍

• edited April 2022

Thanks @Spidericemidas. Using your sound designs (they’re so much more than presets) makes me think I’m cheating. It would be almost impossible for me to make synth tracks on this level without the Spidericemidas magic. CubeSynthPro has very high quality presets as well, so it’s great in combination.

I’ll continue the CubeSynthPro AddStation combo for the next couple of tracks.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’ll continue the CubeSynthPro AddStation combo for the next couple of tracks.

If the muse holds out, maybe keep using them for a whole album and dedicate it to @Spidericemidas and Harry Gohs of @VirSyn.

• @McD, that is sooo cool. I didn’t realize CubeSynthPro and AddStation were by the same dev. Incredible. Now it makes a lot more sense why they are so complementary,

I def will try to get the album to be mostly this combination. You got an album title?

• @LinearLineman said:
    You got an album title?

Crowdsource it.

My entry would be "Arachno-Hydrology Gold".

• @McD. I’m a traditionalist…. “What Dreams May Come” works for me, or “Perchance To Dream”. But I guess there’s always “The Night Toilet” to fall back upon.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2022

OK...

The Dreamcatcher (lots of great images out there)

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/de/qc3azgv0cssf.png

"This music comes to me in a dream and I give it life."

• @McD, Dreamcatcher is good.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, Dreamcatcher is good.

Thanks... Maybe use the dream quotes for trick titles? I'm sure your packaging and thematic cohesion will be excellent as usual.

• Congrats on you 600th! If you are doing dreams you could use something from Lovecrafts Dream Cycle.. the idea, sort of, that the dreamlands we visit in our sleep are absolutely real, but only really accessible to expert dreamers.