Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Volca Sample 2 & others infos

Hello everyone.
i am thinking of getting a korg volca sample 2 to sequence the drum samples on different midi channels from the korg electribe 2.
but I have two doubts to clarify:
1) can the samples on the volca sample 2 be played chromatically? (I think not but I would like to have confirmation)
2) can you load the samples on the volca sample 2 via usb from the korg audiopocket app, as well as from the librarian for pc & mac?
Do you know a cheap, valid and practical hardware alternative to the volca sample 2 to be able to sequence the samples from the electribe 2 via midi?
i know elektron model samples but we are already around 300 €
thanks for any replies

Comments

• 1) I believe there are work around for this but it’s not a native feature.

2) I believe usb only works for sample transfer via PC. The app requires Bluetooth or aux connection.

The Model Samples is the next best option but I will say, all shortcomings aside, the Volca Sample is one of my favorite pieces of hardware ever. It’s weird, funky, lofi, and has tons of character.

• You can only play samples chromatically on the older Volca Sample 1 and only if you install custom firmware (it’s very easy), or use a special MIDI cable, which I think is an RK-002.

Google Pajen custom firmware for Volca Sample (and Volca FM) - it’s really good.

Each of the samples on a Volca Sample uses an individual MIDI channel (I’m pretty sure) - so you can sequence it from something like a Digitakt, Digitone or Beatstep (Pro) and presumably iPad. So it could use 10 channels total.

The only two alternatives close in price I can think of are the Model Samples as mentioned, or the newish Novation Circuit Rhythm (?).