Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Climbing Mountains

Session Band Acoustic, iSymphonic, Model D, Animoog, Blocs Waves (vocals), iM1, DrumJam, Thumbjam, iFretless Bass, Korg Module, Ravenscroft, Cubasis Internal Effects, BarkFilter (Tripleband... Yeah!!!), MagicDeathEye Stereo... I'm sure there were a few more, but I don't remember... I don't recall... I got no memory of anything at all.

Comments

• Again, I own all those apps but I would need detailed instructions to bake a meal like this.

You are the magic chef mixing all the ingredients into delicious 4 course feasts.

My wife creates in the kitchen and doesn't write down anything... every meal is a work of art.
    I'm not surprised that "how you did it" is something of a blur... when you're in it you are just in a flow of creative movement.

• @McD said:
    Again, I own all those apps but I would need detailed instructions to bake a meal like this.

You are the magic chef mixing all the ingredients into delicious 4 course feasts.

My wife creates in the kitchen and doesn't write down anything... every meal is a work of art.
    I'm not surprised that "how you did it" is something of a blur... when you're in it you are just in a flow of creative movement.

I always enjoy your comments. I wish I could elaborate on the process, but as Peter Gabriel said "I don't remember". My wife says you seem like a "really cool guy". I have to agree. Thank you!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I always enjoy your comments. I wish I could elaborate on the process, but as Peter Gabriel said "I don't remember". My wife says you seem like a "really cool guy". I have to agree. Thank you!

You wife "gets me".
    And I "get you".

I think you're very talented and have probably produced a lot of interesting music
    over the span of your creative life. You have good instincts for keeping the listener engaged and excellent work habits.

The more positive we feed you the more you produce. I wish everyone here understood that
    most of us don't need to know "what's wrong" but to be acknowledged for what they get right. If I don't hear anything to call out that's good I just let someone else pipe in but I do try to find something I like every time. It's really not that hard... there's a lot of talent on display here.

• @McD Thank you so much for that. Yeah, my wife is a trip, even after all these years. We still actually like each other!

However, I do like to hear what people really hear. I only play back my stuff in headphones, or in my car. I don't really know how other people hear it. Regarding the content, I am having a blast writing stuff that I could have never convinced other musicians to play! Sometimes I miss the scene, but I'm just too old to get out there again. This is the next best thing. Sharing music and ideas with people from all around the world. That's priceless!

• I’m curious about the first thing you do musically when you start a new track. Do you have an idea or are you just messing till something starts to click?

Once again the magic 1:20! Is this planned or is it an organic feeling? Curious as to what you think is going on. I’m not being critical, it obviously works. However, in my own stuff it’s often “when you see the buddha, kill the Buddha”. On the other hand, my fencing coach in college said “never change a winning move”.

• @LinearLineman I rarely have an idea before I get started. Some people have fully formed music in their head all the time. I am not one of them. I just sit down and start 'plinking'. There is an old saying that you can put a monkey at a typewriter and he will eventually type the Bible. That's probably the best way to describe my process.

There really is no sweet spot at the 1 minute mark. I like to have at least 3 different 'parts' in any song. That just seems to be about where 'Part B' kicks in. So, in a way, I guess it's sort of planned.

• I may not comment on every track because I don’t have much more to say than “damn, that is such a great track!” But I am listening to them all, closely. Your work is so interesting. And you are super productive!

• @Sawiton said:
    I may not comment on every track because I don’t have much more to say than “damn, that is such a great track!” But I am listening to them all, closely. Your work is so interesting. And you are super productive!

Thank you so much. That makes my day. Have a great day, my friend!

• @Sawiton I was at work when you posted, and wasn't able to write a proper reply to this. I really appreciate what you said. I have come to realize that the members of this forum are an entirely different breed of musician. Open-minded to new and unusual things. Most normal people like to listen to Muzak that doesn't confuse them. That is, if you think The Eagles were the 'greatest band of all time', you probably don't belong here. We are not normal!

Please don't feel as though you have to comment on everything. Knowing that you are listening is all I need. If you do feel like commenting, a simple smiley face speaks volumes. Thank you!

• @Paulieworld said:

Please don't feel as though you have to comment on everything. Knowing that you are listening is all I need. If you do feel like commenting, a simple smiley face speaks volumes. Thank you!

Cool.
    😁

• 🔍📞🎥🎱👁🧠📡🔬🔭🎧👂🏻👀

• @LinearLineman assembled this clue:
    🔍📞🎥🎱👁🧠📡🔬🔭🎧👂🏻👀

I think it's a statement about the encroaching of technology on our main senses.

That certainly applies to @Paulieworld's oeuvre. But it gives me hope. I see it as assistive
    for artists on a fixed income.

But with the @LinearLineman it's probably a Ouija board improvisation over a pallet of
    emoji's. Still, there's are 2 phrases of 4 techs into 2 sensory icons.

Any other interpretations?

• @Gravitas @Edward_Alexander @LinearLineman @McD
    If one smiley face speaks volumes... then this might be...
    My staff is analyzing it on the mainframe right now.
    Wait... this just in!
    No... it can't possibly be...
    Yes, it is!
    You'll never believe this!
    Oh my God...

• @Paulieworld said:
    @Gravitas @Edward_Alexander @LinearLineman @McD
    Wait... this just in!
    Yes, it is!
    Oh my God...

Mainframes are so 90's.

It's compute clusters now. People buy racks of servers to compute a new bitcoin to add to the registry. and it takes days.

I suspect you're mainframe predicts "thermo nuclear war" and that's code from the 70's.

"Shall we play a game?" - War Games.

See... @LinearLineman has made this thread political and very timely. Putin needs to craft a win from this mess in Ukrainein the particular match up and Europe in the region and against the West (i.e. US) for the whole tournament final.

• @McD 70s 90s... it's all the same. Time is an illusion, but I agree that things are now a cluster. I like servers with nice racks.

• @Paulieworld said:
    Wait... this just in!
    Yes, it is!
    Oh my God...

No way…
    That’s so cool.

When are you going to tell everyone else?

• @Paulieworld said:
    @McD 70s 90s... it's all the same. Time is an illusion, but I agree that things are now a cluster. I like servers with nice racks.

I see what you did to fix the thread. Tip your server.

• @Gravitas said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Wait... this just in!
    Yes, it is!
    Oh my God...

No way…
    That’s so cool.

Like the contents of the Pulp Fiction briefcase… we should keep the mystery because the answer might be like the ending of Lost.

• @McD said:

@Gravitas said:

@Paulieworld said:
    Wait... this just in!
    Yes, it is!
    Oh my God...

No way…
    That’s so cool.

Like the contents of the Pulp Fiction briefcase… we should keep the mystery because the answer might be like the ending of Lost.

I’m cool with this. 🌞🙏🏾

• @McD

I see what you did to fix the thread.

Oak's nice.