Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• That sounds about right

• @Aphex said:

@ChrisG. Somebody edit your previous post :p. Lol! Syntax error

That's weird! Well, I have no idea what happened to that post, nor do I remember what I originally wrote.

• 12.99 intro price! Thanks for that. sorry to be pushy about it :/

At that price, I dunno, probably will be quite well-received. It better be rock solid though, or they'll get a lot of flak.

• How about file size? Any street rumors about that one? :)

• 35 Gigs but that may possibly be not the case

• All kidding aside, I don't know.

• Longest thread title eva.Long live the hype.

• @thinds said:

All kidding aside, I don't know.

It looks (sounds) like the original samples are included with a few hundred new ones, going by the Retronyms vlogs and spec list. So I'd say it won't stray that far from the old iMPC. Maybe 200mb give or take?

Also, changed the topic title to "Preliminary", as...a sign of faith!:)

• @thinds said:

(Rumored rel. date Tuesday July 8th)

Oh! ye of little faith @ChrisG :-)

Confirmed. Sorry I doubted you. Never again!! Lol..

• I'm actually well looking forward to this. Just reloaded tabletop and had a play, I can see it becoming a very capable composing/remixing station with imini on the inside and other synths running through IAA. It's week point used to be audio handling and bugs. The bugs have been sorted and hopefully audio too with impc pro. Don't want to get too ahead of myself but should be good. Hope there's no nasty surprises.

• I hope you can turn off any soundcloud/news streaming. The old iMPC constantly checks and streams data from the iMPC community soundcloud seeder thing. I only see that as an unnecessary resource and battery hog, however small. Some people like it though obviously, but if it's there please give users that don't use it the option to turn it off completely.

• I've been with Tabletop since first release and despite a few frustrations along the way I have always liked its approach and flexibility. Long gone are the bugs and gripes - here is a solid app that seems to go from to strength to strength.

• It took me a while to get to grips with it as a newbie, but I would agree @Trueyorky. It's solid, reliable and very flexible.

• It's generally reliable but I just had a sequence going with gridlock, imini and isem+dm1 via iaa and after saving and reloading the session imini wouldn't play as intended. This is despite me using a preset. I know it is probably one of the most reliable midi sequencing set up on ios but it's still buggy. Some of it could probably be linked to ram bottleneck.

• tabletop was full of promise and got abandoned.......what ever happened to the IAA FX plugin?

• @DaveMagoo said:

tabletop was full of promise and got abandoned.......what ever happened to the IAA FX plugin?

Too bad they never made it...if retronyms does not support audiobus then they should at least give us a module loading iaa fx...hope they don't expect to load impc pro for adding an external fx.

• edited July 2014

@DarbyA said:

$1.99 for the Devine samples in iMPC via iFunbox is a great deal for those who don't own them already.

Can you elaborate on this?

• @Coloobar said:

My understanding is that you can use iFunbox to get the samples from the "old" iMPC (it was on sale for $1.99) to use with other apps.

• edited July 2014

@telecharge said:

@Coloobar said:

My understanding is that you can use iFunbox to get the samples from the "old" iMPC (it was on sale for $1.99) to use with other apps.

Thanks. What kind of samples are they? What other apps could they be used in? Sorry I'm not familiar with this app at all.

• A quote from a previous thread:

@JMSexton said:

After you open impc.app I think it's in a folder named "samples" there's a few (60-80) in there but then there is another folder named (Devine) that has an obscene amount of samples in .wav format and labeled verrrry nicely

You should be able to use them in any app that uses WAV files. Often you need to rename the files to match what you're replacing and not all apps allow replacing of their samples. This app is used for making beats, so you could use the sounds to make a drumkit for another app - Oscilab, for example.

• Yep everything telecharge said. Beatmaker 2 is really the champion of hosting wav files for building instruments but lots of apps should work. The samples are mostly electronic kits if you're into that.

• Thanks for the info. I've got almost every electronic kit imaginable in soundfont format so I think I'll pass.

• @Coloobar said:

Thanks for the info. I've got almost every electronic kit imaginable in soundfont format so I think I'll pass.

Not sure about this as I've not looked into myself, but @Korakios stated that the samples in iMPC look the same as what is inside of the free TableTop app.

Maybe someone here that has Tabletop and iFunbox, but not iMPC can verify?

@Korakios said:

I mean by browsing from linux or using iFunbox I compared the "samples" directory form tabletop and iMPC and saw they are almost identical.Unless impc samples are copied to tabletop's folder.
    impc: ~380mb /tabletop: ~488mb

• @supadom said:

It's generally reliable but I just had a sequence going with gridlock, imini and isem+dm1 via iaa and after saving and reloading the session imini wouldn't play as intended. This is despite me using a preset. I know it is probably one of the most reliable midi sequencing set up on ios but it's still buggy. Some of it could probably be linked to ram bottleneck.

Sometimes but not too often when I open a TT session iMini plays weird, but closing and re-opening the session always fixes the problem.

I wish all my iOS synths were Tabletop ready, especially Thor...

• edited July 2014

I feel IMPC Pro is going to be awesome. Though I prefer the original IMPC's look more and wonder if their will be a way to change the skin on it or something. I mean that classic MPC 2000xl luck is not going to be in IMPC Pro.

Though I like what I see as far as functionality and the additional features.

• i wanna use it as a instrument in my DAW-is this possible?or do you have to use Table top still?i'm running other apps with ICM2+ this would be a great d. mach-sampler.

• I think it will be a very powerful d mach/sampler with touch editing..but without full midi freedom how can i use it in my DAW as a instrument or to control other software..???
    the imachine is locked to the hardware too.we need more apps like this but with open midi connections.

• edited July 2014

@phasmid said:

i wanna use it as a instrument in my DAW-is this possible?or do you have to use Table top still?i'm running other apps with ICM2+ this would be a great d. mach-sampler.

Without MIDI clock sync it'll be hard. But yes, it does act as a "node" in any iDAW, and should at least let you record audio from the app etc. But proper midi clock sync, both in and out, would really be a must to not have it locked inside a Tabletop environment.

• Getting this for sure, can't wait

• Looking forward to this,already topped up my itunes account.Im still very interested to see what their going to do for people that have impc.