Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• @telecharge - thanks! Not sure why there isn't just an option to turn it on or off, but it's not the end of the world.

• Dude... even a kid can think of it, and it's a standard in every daw: RENDER LOOP cuts that remaining tail and mixes it at the beginning of the file. Endless loop. They just need to add a check box.

But this is the least thing that bothers me :)) If I paste to Cubasis or GB, I trim the loop anyway.

• I thought I saw, somewhere in the last 22 pages of this thread, that there is a work around to sample AudioBus output directly into iMPC Pro? Is this possible?

• They just need to add a check box.

If only software development was that easy! :)

• @gburks said:

I thought I saw, somewhere in the last 22 pages of this thread, that there is a work around to sample AudioBus output directly into iMPC Pro? Is this possible?

Use AudioShare as the input or output in AB, then add iMPC as IAA in that. Easy fix.

• @syrupcore said:

They just need to add a check box.

If only software development was that easy! :)

I know. I'm a webdesigner / frontend dev.
    I was just saying. Ad a check box, and if is set, cut the tail and paste it at 00:00:00 mixed with the initial content. It's not rocket science.

• it is easy, there is no reason to act like you're inventing the wheel if every other piece of software does it, pretty much simple as that…. another non-wheel inventing moment would be to allow users to create and name their own folders… this kind of stuff shouldn't even have to be discussed but I'm happy that improvements are being made!!!

• I want to run impc pro into turnado, and sample turnados output, what is the best way to do this?

• @kobamoto said:

I want to run impc pro into turnado, and sample turnados output, what is the best way to do this?

resampling perhaps? not tried it mind you.....

• Re-sample on the fly?

• Did I see that 1.1 allows you to delete samples, including the AKAI ones? How? I worry about bloat because it seems to keep your raw IAA recordings and the trimmed down sample version.

• edited July 2014

@StormJH1 said:

Did I see that 1.1 allows you to delete samples, including the AKAI ones? How? I worry about bloat because it seems to keep your raw IAA recordings and the trimmed down sample version.

Drag the sample file into the red trash bin beneath the samples list. All the bits and pieces, duplicates etc that builds up over time can be deleted from within the apps sample/sounds library list now, thank god (and Retronyms:).

• @ChrisG said:

@StormJH1 said:

Did I see that 1.1 allows you to delete samples, including the AKAI ones? How? I worry about bloat because it seems to keep your raw IAA recordings and the trimmed down sample version.

Drag the sample file into the red trash bin beneath the samples list. All the bits and pieces, duplicates etc that builds up over time can be deleted from within the apps sample/sounds library list now, thank god (and Retronyms:).

Thanks @ChrisG. And yes, credit due to Retronyms for allowing that - a lot of other apps do not permit that and it becomes a huge problem. I also may decide I don't want to carry a lot of the EDM style effects and chord hits, in favor of my own drum samples.

• @StormJH1 said:

@ChrisG said:

@StormJH1 said:

Thanks @ChrisG. And yes, credit due to Retronyms for allowing that - a lot of other apps do not permit that and it becomes a huge problem. I also may decide I don't want to carry a lot of the EDM style effects and chord hits, in favor of my own drum samples.

Sorry, bad englese on my part. You can't delete the factory content. I believe this is partly due to limitations put in place by Apple, not even devs can alter the content in the main .app directory after installation.

• Any crashes before of after the update? It happened more than a few times when trying to save the session after working hard on it. It happened again yesterday. Frustrating.

• No crashes yet on the new version here. I've not exactly pushed things to its limits though. Only been doing a couple of cinematic percussions sequences with the Cinematic program as starting point for a few hrs, did quick save a few times throughout.

• Ok, thanks for clarifying. Do the .wav files you import have to be by themselves or can they be in folders? Imported 2 folders of drum samples this morning via file sharing and they didn't show up, but somewhere on this thread it was mentioned to try iFunbox.

• Yes, iFunbox works great. Just drag them in and they show up in folders too under My Sounds. Perfect.

• impc pro is awesome........and getting better

• @StormJH1 You can even use iFunBox to put your samples into folders you create and then into existing folder categories such as vocal and when you go to Program then MY SOUNDS and look in the VOCAL folder, your sample folders will be there and you can access them. It's nice to be able to arrange your samples into folders and sub folders in a way that makes sense to you.

• edited July 2014

impc pro and cubasis iaa is awesome....ab would take it over the top...keep up the good work....start and stop between apps works great

• Even though timestretch is high on the list of needed enhancements, a possible workaround that I have been playing with is using Algoriddim Djay 2 as an IAA sampling input to iMPC Pro. It has timestretch and has a similar turntable interface for sampling from the iTunes library.

• @Dham said:

Even though timestretch is high on the list of needed enhancements, a possible workaround that I have been playing with is using Algoriddim Djay 2 as an IAA sampling input to iMPC Pro. It has timestretch and has a similar turntable interface for sampling from the iTunes library.

Creative idea there!! I like it :)

• yes great idea....just got the dj app...and its nice ...thanks

• edited July 2014

Great update....the ram is better and the chop to pads is sound (so far)....I think I'm pushing the levels a bit too much...need to reduce a bit...to avoid clipping,.

• Is it possible to load up a long drum track sample or backing track, say 3 minutes and play along to that ?

• @thelongrays said:

Is it possible to load up a long drum track sample or backing track, say 3 minutes and play along to that ?

This is where I get a little confused why people get locked into "MPC mode" - if the goal is to play along with something several minutes long, wouldn't the best way to do that just be to use iMPC as input with a DAW? (via IAA or the AudioBus workaround).

I don't know the answer to the question, exactly, but wonder what that would do to RAM/CPU usage.

• I have sync working well with Cubasis. Now, how do I record the audio from iMPC Pro into a track in Cubasis?

• @Trentsongs said:

I have sync working well with Cubasis. Now, how do I record the audio from iMPC Pro into a track in Cubasis?

Create an audio track in Cubasis and add iMPC Pro via IAA under the section where you select your instrument.