Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tangerine Dream using AUM live

edited March 2022 in Other

Complicated live set up!

Comments

• Real musicians using iPads!
    Awesome!

• @j_liljedahl said:
    <3

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

• @j_liljedahl This is very cool to see! Do you have any tips for using AUM live to transition between sessions seamlessly? I have seen DJs who will use two iPads so that they can cross-fade sessions but I'm wondering if you have any tips for working on just one iPad... Or any future plans on your roadmap?

I suppose another option is to create one big session with all the stuff I need for multiple tunes and then hope it doesn't crash!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @j_liljedahl This is very cool to see! Do you have any tips for using AUM live to transition between sessions seamlessly? I have seen DJs who will use two iPads so that they can cross-fade sessions but I'm wondering if you have any tips for working on just one iPad... Or any future plans on your roadmap?

I suppose another option is to create one big session with all the stuff I need for multiple tunes and then hope it doesn't crash!

I think using two iPads is a good idea for this situation.
    I have no plans to do that on a single iPad currently, but in theory such a feature could be possible: Loading two sessions at once in an A and B slot and crossfading between them somehow. But it would have the same problem as just making one big session: CPU load would double!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @j_liljedahl This is very cool to see! Do you have any tips for using AUM live to transition between sessions seamlessly? I have seen DJs who will use two iPads so that they can cross-fade sessions but I'm wondering if you have any tips for working on just one iPad... Or any future plans on your roadmap?

I think using two iPads is a good idea for this situation.
    I have no plans to do that on a single iPad currently, but in theory such a feature could be possible: Loading two sessions at once in an A and B slot and crossfading between them somehow. But it would have the same problem as just making one big session: CPU load would double!

Right, thatโ€™s a hardware problem, I suppose. Iโ€™ve been noodling on whether it makes more sense to load a superset of apps and control songs/parts by loading presets at the right time. Seems more plausible. Or just use two iPads! :)